20 - Reo Reo

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

 

Jonghun’s POV

“Make sure you text me or something when you get back…it’s pretty late.” She said in a concerned voice.

It was hard for me not to smile. I made sure she went in and waved goodbye before I drove back to the dorms.

When I opened the door, I was somewhat surprised to see everyone in our complex, as Jaejin, Minhwan, and Seunghyun have a separate apartment room than us. However, the mood was not right. Well, I kind of could see what was coming next as I saw Minhwan biting his lips due to nervousness and Seunghyun with his back against the wall on the floor and Hongki with his back against the wall opposite from Seunghyun. All eyes turned to me as I entered the room.  

“Where were you this late?” Hongki asked.

“Me? I was with Eunsuh. It was late so I wanted to take her home.” I replied nonchalantly.

“Hyung…practice ended at 10pm…it’s almost 2am right now..” I heard Jaejin mumble, hinting that it shouldn’t take four hours to drop someone off.

“What’s wrong with hanging out so late?” I responded. I met eyes with Seunghyun but he quickly looked down to avoid further confrontation.

I smirked before I started, “Did you like her? Is all this because Seunghyun likes EunSuh, too?”

Seunghyun continued to look down, and he looked deep in contemplation.

“So what did you do?” Hongki asked casually, but he did glance over at Seunghyun with concern as well.

 

God, why am I the bad guy…

 

“We hung out, ate dinner, talked and did a few couple things. I mean, she is my girlfriend. What else would couples do?” I kind of lied, ignoring Seunghyun who froze when I mentioned that she was my girlfriend.

He wiped his eyes really quick before we could notice anything and got up. Minhwan and Jaejin tried to calm him but he shook them off and started to walk out.

“It hasn’t even been that long since you guys met, and you already have feelings for her?” I blurted out. “Why don’t you go tell her then? If you like her so much.” I agitated.

 

The things I do…

 

I saw him clenching his fist with his back turned to me. He paused for a brief moment before he continued walking out without once turning back. Minhwan and Jaejin, as they couldn’t say anything, shook their heads and followed him out.

Once the door closed, Hongki looked at me with some hint of irritation.

“What? I’m a guy, too.” I said.

“I just wish you would have handled it better. What’s the point in provoking him? Besides, this is the first girl he’s liked in a very long time…why do you even do this to him?” He said while he sat down on the couch.

“Because she hasn’t figured it out yet. I can tell she likes him, but she still likes me too” I whispered the ending.

Hongki looked in my direction with some concern before he smirked, “AIGOO, look at this guy. And we call him the leader…you should KNOW how this is going to end.”

I laughed as I took my seat on the couch next to him. I laid my head back as I just stared into space.

 

As much as I still love her, I just want to make sure she’s happy…even if she may not end up with me…

 

 

--Fast Forward a week--

 

Eunsuh’s POV

 

After a long day in the hospital, I finally came home as I literally dropped my stuff and died on the couch.

I heard two knocks from my phone, indicating a text message. I decided to ignore it and rolled over to my back. Then came in continuous knockings which made me reach over the coffee table for the phone.

-What are you up to? Are you home yet?

It was from Jonghun. It’s been almost a week since I visited them, since I was getting swamped with work and wasn’t able to make it to the studio by the end of practice sometimes. I hope they’re not mad.

-Just got home. What’s up?

 

-The usual. Are you busy?

 

I stopped texting him…mainly because I got lazy. For some reason, when texts start to form conversations, I hate texting, thus I just stop. Suddenly, my phone rang.

 

“Got too lazy texting?” He teased when I picked up.

 

I chuckled at the comment and we just talked about our days, and Jonghun would talk about how much the band misses me, how Minhwan whines because he hasn’t seen me in almost a week, Jaejin and Hongki ask about what work I do during the day, etc etc. It was funny how I hear so much about the other band members and just briefs about Seunghyun, which concerned me. However, what am I going to say, right?

 

Since the band has known me for a couple of months now, I was wondering…

 

“Hey oppa, what do you think the rest of FT Island will think if they ever found out about me?” I asked, half mumbling since I kind of already knew the answer.

It got quiet before he replied, “You do know that you are WAY above all of us, right?”

“Yeah, but you’re also celebrities…people look up to you, too.” I responded, still wondering if he has anything else to say other than what I already know.

I heard him chuckle before he stated, “This is when I could say ‘you’re stupid.’ Just because we’re celebrities, doesn’t mean we don’t respect people with high authority…yet alone ex-President’s grand-daughter, whose grandfather is still a well-respected man.”

“Psh, it’s not like you respect me.” I said.

“I don’t even know what to freaking call you. You’re like a doctor/lawyer/President’s granddaughter…what do you call that? Docyersident-nim? I’ll call you that from now on.”

“Call me that and today will be the last day you’ll hear from me.” I laughed as I threatened playfully.

 

He laughed back as we started to reminisce into fun past things we did. How he was the only person that had the guts to tease me and make me cry but would comfort me later by buying me ice cream. How he and I would play music together and all about the mastering of the piano. Etc. etc. I don’t even know how we even got to this topic but suddenly, a question boggled my mind.

 

“Oppa, I know it’s stupid to say right now, but did you ever think of contacting me?” I asked quietly.

There was a short pause before he replied, “I did visit you the day you left. Or I missed you by like 5 minutes. I saw the boat you left behind before you left and I did visit the river whenever I had time or wanted to relax, hoping you would be there…I noticed the boat on the rock…and in the end I made a wish on it and let it go.”

I didn’t know if he was trying to make me feel guilty or if he was serious. However, my thoughts were interrupted when he came up with a follow-up question, “I still have to ask, what was your wish that came true on your birthday?”

“My wish? You really want to know?” I asked and chuckled softly before I followed up, “Let me hear him call my name seven years from this day.”

There was a long pause, but I could hear him breathing here and there, so I knew the line was still connected. “Wow, that happened rather accurately. Maybe it is fate” He joked and let out a soft laugh, which made me smile on the other line as well.

Then it came to me. “Wait, you made a wish on the boat I left behind?? What did YOU wish for?”

“Me? Why so curious?” He questioned.

“Hey, you were the one that was curious of my wish.” I refuted but he was able to get me.

“Oh? And who was the one that brought off this topic in the first place?” He teased and I pouted on the other line, silent. After a couple moments, he chuckled before replying, “I’m joking, kind of. Let all of Eunsuh’s wishes come true.”

“Huh?” I asked, confused.

“That was my wish.” He said so calmly.

It got quiet again. I was actually really surprised that wishing on a boat, would be so… coincidental. I mean, we make wishes all the time there, it’s a tourist attraction…but who knew that it would all happen so accurately.

I thought about all the past memories. I did miss Jonghun for the longest time. It was hard going through America without him, and only supporting him from behind the scenes. Maybe, just maybe,  I’m just afraid to admit that I still might have feelings for him…

 

But there’s also him…

 

Yes, there was him. Song Seunghyun. The guy who makes me have butterflies every time I talk to him, and makes me feel nervous when I think about him…I don’t knowwww! This is like one of those stupid dramas where I’ll be that girl that has two guys going after her and—

 

You don’t even know if he likes you back, idiot.

 

Oh yeah…AHA I’m thinking ahead of myself. He probably doesn’t like me and he’s probably just being nice to me. I mean, I have been pretty mean to him and picked on him. Why would he like me, right?

 

“Eunsuh-yah, I have a question” I suddenly heard, snapping me out of my thoughts and making me realize that I’m still on the phone with Jonghun.

“Huh? What is it?” I asked, still kind of dazed and feeling bad.

“Would you ever consider me again?” He asked in reply.

 

This had me thinking, again. Even though I deny it, there is a spark every time we talk or spend time together. And he’s always concerned about me and for me. He’s always tried to take care of me since I came back.

 

“If I don’t, will you stop waiting for me?” I responded and laughed. “What happened to waiting longer than the time I waited, oppa? You still have about 7 years and…..10 months?”

We both laughed. It was great to be able to laugh and make jokes, and tease each other.

“How about a date, then?” He asked, which made me freeze for a moment.

“Wait, what?” I stuttered.

“Let’s go on a date.”