11 - Hope

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

 

Eunsuh’s POV

I felt the ice cold water brush against my skin as I felt myself fully submerged inside the lake. I let go of what I was holding onto, and immediately tried to reach for air. Not only was it freezing cold, I had gone through too many shocks in one day.

As I reached surface and gasped for air, a force pushed me back into the water. I realized that Seunghyun had pushed me back in. I managed to push him away from me and swam towards the surface again.

Both of our heads poked out of the water. When I met with Seunghyun’s eyes, which was gleaming with amusement, I splashed water right into his face, when he was least expecting it.

 

Serves you right!

 

This started war. We played in the water, splashing large amounts of water at each other. It was just us getting soaked in the lake in the middle of the night, the night filled with our laughters.

Suddenly, I sneezed. Not too long after, I sneezed again. Seunghyun rushed towards my direction, with a look of concern. We both had too much fun to realize that I was still only in my spaghetti strap dress and it was freezing outside.  

He held onto me, attempting to keep me warm, but him being wet and cold himself did not help me at all. He rushed me into the car and blasted the heater, and all kinds of things to make me warm, including the warmer.

He turned towards the back seat to grab a thick jacket and placed it on top of me.

“Are you okay?” He asked as he started the car.

“No. It’s cold” I pouted as I tried to retain my shivering. “What are you going to do if I catch hypothermia and DIE???” I whined as I held the jacket closer.

He only smiled as his right hand grabbed for my cheeks. “Aigooo, alright I’ll pay for your medical bills. Gosh…” he cooed. “But you have to admit that it was fun.” He laughed slightly.

This made me smile. Despite it being really cold and that I almost honestly caught hypothermia, it was a lot of fun.

When we finally got to the hotel, he offered to walk me up to my room. I fiddled with the boat that he had given me earlier. It was wet, but it stood strong in its paper form.

“You still didn’t let that go? I made a wish on that and now it’s not going to come true because I left it in your hands.” He mentioned, in a joking disappointed voice.

I just rolled my eyes playfully and started looking for the card key to open the door.

Before I opened the door,  I was about to take off his jacket to hand it to him, but he put his hand on my shoulder before I could take it off. “Keep it. It fits you better” he smiled.

“You sure? You’re cold and ickey and wet too.” I mentioned. I looked at his features as it was highlighted through his wet clothes. He was thin but he did have some lean muscle. I found myself staring at his body and looked away, blushing.

He smirked as he must have taken notice. “You know you like it” he joked and winked at me. I choked on nothing but that was totally unexpected and I started coughing. He chuckled at my reaction and pulled me into a hug.

“Anyways, get some rest. Big day tomorrow. I guess we’ll all see you tomorrow, or later today.” He remarked. He watched me go into my room before walking down the hallway.

 

Third person POV~

Seunghyun walked down the hallway, heading his way toward the elevator. He looked up at the clock plated with sterling silver. It read 12:03 AM. “I guess I won’t be the first one to say Happy Birthday” He whispered, angry that he was not able to tell her in person at that time.

He knew she was different. His fellings were not exactly clear, but she made his heart flutter when she’s in his arms. She gave him butterflies when she smiled or pouted at him. But, there’s no way. He was a celebrity. She was just another person, right?

The elevator dinged to notify him that he had reached ground floor. He soon snapped out of his thoughts and walked into the lobby and soon to his car. He looked up at the room Maureen was staying in and took a moment to regulate his thoughts.

He put his head back in frustration, as he tried to shake off the thought. He knew that they had just met not too long ago, but he couldn’t help but feel attached to her…

 

Eun Suh’s POV

I layed down in bed after a nice, long, warm shower. I looked at my bags one last time, assuring myself that I had not forgotten anything. I was definitely ready for tomorrow. Ready to move in and live in Korea.

The thought made me lazy as I dragged myself to one side. I groaned at the thought of shopping.

I hate shopping…

I reach for my phone, for the puzzle piece, only to be reminded that I don’t have it. I looked up at the ceiling, lying flat on my back, and let out a deep sigh.

I turn my head to the bedside table, to see the boat that Seunghyun had made. The boat had more creases than before, as it was once completely soaked in the water. I was actually surprised that it still stands.

 

“Make a wish, EunSuh! Make a wish and let it go. Then one day it’ll come true!” He said to me as he handed me an origami boat.

 

I smiled as the memory played in my head. He introduced me to the concept of wishing upon a boat. However, my smile wiped off as I remembered my very last wish upon a boat…

 

Let me hear him call my name…seven years from this day.

 

 

 


 

I'm starting to get used to AFF lol. Anyways, sorry for the delay...but...look! double update!