16 - She doesn't know...

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

~Seunghyun’s POV~

She made my heart skip beats. She made me have butterflies in my stomach. She does strange things to me and makes me have strange reactions. It was so hard to see her with someone else, and none other than the leader of FT Island.

However, it wasn’t for me to say. They already had a history together. They already knew each other, and were already close to each other. I can’t just bust out of nowhere.

It’s been a couple of weeks since the strange encounter at the river between Jonghun and Eunsuh.

That night was one of the most painful night of my life, knowing that she would go with him, knowing that he was the person she was waiting for. Sending her off to him, encouraging her to stay strong, was like putting a stake through my own heart. But what can I do?

~

Jonghun came into the dorms late that night and as soon as he came in, he sat on the couch beside me.

“Seunghyun, do you like her?” He asked, catching me offguard.

“ME? NO! She’s so annoying and tries to be the boss of me!” I answered. It was true that she was annoying at times, but I don't know what I'm feeling right now...

I heard Jonghun chuckle before he replied, “Okay, stupid. Keep thinking like that…there’s more guys that would love her. She’s one of a kind.” He got up afterwards and stretched before he started heading out the door to his apartment across.

“Hyung…do YOU still like her?” I asked. It was a stupid question but I wanted to know. It was a question that would hurt me, for whatever reason, but I needed to know.

He looked back at me, and smirked. He put on his shoes and waved bye before the door shut behind him, leaving me with my unanswered question.

~

Since then, she’s been coming over a lot, to help cook and watch over us, and she comes to the recording studio and our practice rooms. Now it’s known to everyone in the band that she was once Jonghun’s really good friend back in childhood. However, for me, it just felt like there was something more.

She’s always invited over because of Jonghun. There has to be something more, right? Am I just tripping?

With all that said, I guess it leads to today. Jonghun and Hongki had a separate schedule from us and left us with her. She watched us play and practice. Minhwan would sometimes go to her and joke around, teaching her how to play the basics of the drum, while Jaejin would come to the rescue when they seemed too close.

Not that they would do anything. She was real close friends with all of us. I don’t know how she managed to do that, but I guess one reason is because she doesn’t fawn over us or  try to get anything out of us. Plus she has her own schedules. She seems to be busy during the day doing…I don’t know what she’s doing.

While I was deep in my thoughts, I did not notice that she was standing right in front of me holding my guitar. When I did notice, I jolted slightly, which made her jump as well.

“Am I that scary?? ” She exclaimed, which made me smile and snap out of my thoughts.

“Can you teach me how to play the guitar?” She asked as she sat next to me.

 

Dumbfounded, I found myself looking blankly at her, blinking a couple times.

She stared back at me, but eventually made her pouty face.

“You could just say no, it’s very rude to stare” She said with sarcasm. “Well, I guess I’ll just go ask Jaejin oppa.” She was about to get up, but I replied, “Give the guy some time to decide. It’s not easy to say yes when you just stood there lifelessly just a while ago and scared poor, little Seunghyun oppa.”

“Oh god, please.” She laughed and dismissed. “YOU are really something. Wow. Poor? Little? You’re like a bajillion times taller than me!” She pouted. She relaxed soon after and came to ask, “ANYWAYS, so can you? I always wanted to learn…”

Who could say no to her? Eventually I gave in and agreed to teach her.

While she sat there with my guitar, I asked if she knew how to play other instruments. She mentioned that she played a little bit of piano but she wasn’t great at it.

Either way, that made my job easier as I taught her how to play a few chords, adjusting her small fingers for each different note. When she strummed, and the sound came out fine, she would lighten up and ask to play more. It was like giving a kid candy. It wasn’t hard teaching her as she caught on pretty fast. Meanwhile, I was able to get closer to her, for the past few weeks I hadn’t really approached her as much as I would.

 

She put the guitar down after an hour of playing with me, and said cheerfully, “Let’s go eat lunch together!”

We ate out at a small sit-down place. And as soon as the food came out, she said the standard Korean greeting before eating meals and started to eat…and eat…and eat…and I could only stare with my mouth wide open. For someone who is small and petite like her, she ate a lot.

“Whaaattt?? Why are you staring at me…EAT!” She would whine when she finally looked up and caught me staring blankly.

I cringed and replied, “I lost my appetite..watching you eat makes me want to throw up.”

She glared at me before replying, “Fine! Don’t eat. More for me!”

We started to talk about the guitar lesson, just to fill up the silence. “You know,” I started, “you and musical instruments have a very strange connection.” At first, I had no idea where I was even going with this, but an idea popped into my head as I had grabbed her attention. “You’re both VERY attracted to me. Very needy, the both of you.” I emphasized on the VERY just to see her reaction.

She started coughing and choked on her food. It was pretty funny but I’m kind of glad she didn’t spit her food out in front of my face. She gulped some water before refuting, “Excuse me..I honestly think it’s the other way around. Aren’t YOU the one that bumped into me in the beginning?”

That was actually pretty smart. I had nothing to say to that, “Hey, that doesn’t count” I said…defeatedly

She smiled as she knew that she had the upper hand, “OKAY, uh huh. Sure.” She said as she quickly dismissed it with sarcasm but continued to smile. It was cute

Nonetheless, there was the meal that needed to be paid. Even though I was going to pay for it no matter what, I thought it would be fun to bring it up.

“On the side note, you pay for the meal.” I remarked.

 “Wait what? YOU are the gentleman, I presume?” She kidded. Knowing her, she would pay for the meal, and it would later turn into a fuss about who would pay the actual meal.

“Aren’t you the one that offered to buy me lunch?” I refuted.

She stared at me blankly. I thought I had won so I was going to speak up again, but she spoke, “No, I just said let’s go eat lunch together” and looked at me with a blunt expression.

This made me scoff. What in the world…happened? AHA, I’m getting owned. But no doubt, she replies, “Fine, let’s say I pay for the meal, you owe me a day.”

 

The last part echoed in my head. It might actually make my day.

“Are you…asking me out on a date?” I questioned her playfully.

 

 

It got quiet as she just stared into my eyes without any real expression. She seemed lost and confused.

...

...

“No. Don’t even. Freaking A. BLEHHHHH. FORGET IT THEN I’M GOING HOME!” She got up to pay for the bill but I stopped her. It was so funny how she reacts when it comes to spending the day with me. It was really cute.

The rest of the day, we looked around Seoul, her being a little more cautious, keeping in mind that I am a celebrity and that I shouldn’t go around too crowded places. It was nice to have someone look out for me like that as well.

Later on, I took her back to our practice room. Everyone had left for the night and we were the only ones there. She sat down at the Keyboard and played a couple notes.

I took the seat beside her, and she started playing a tune. I thought she only knew how to play a little. She lied to me! Nonetheless, it was a familiar song, I hope. One of our songs.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9rqccDMxx0]

Like I said, I was amazed at how well she can play the piano. Could she have been lying about not being able to play the guitar?

“Hey, did you actually lie about not being able to play the guitar? I asked.

“No, guitar was actually one thing that I never really got to learn.” She replied.

 

She continued playing the song and started to join in with her voice at the chorus. Her voice was amazing. It was a bit soft but nonetheless it was strong.

When it came to the rap, I joined her. She was caught by surprise but she continued playing the keyboard, matching it so that it fit with my voice. We continued singing together as a duet. While we were singing, there was a part of me that just wished that the song was meant for me…but why would it be?

 

After letting her play the song, I took over and started to play our most recent title song, I wish.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFiK8sLnuGM]

She immediately caught on and when we got to the chorus, she sang it with me, smiling with so much energy while pointing at herself to match with the lyrics.

It was a really fun day. We got everything done as a band and on my free time, I got to eat lunch with her and spend this much time.

 

However, she just doesn’t know how much I honestly wish she was really looking at me the way she sang to the songs. I could only hope and I could only wish… 

 


OKIE, I would like to say, 

I DO NOT OWN THE VIDEOS/PIANO stuff. THE CREDITS GO TO ITS RIGHTFUL OWNER!

 

Nonetheless, I have updated :D Yay! I realized that it's been more than a month since I first started this fanfic :D

Thank you to everyone who supported me, giving me lots of views, comments and subscribing!

Please continue to support me and I will be very very happy :D

 

Hope you guys enjoyed! Yay!

Thank you!