37 - LIke Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

The sound of two motor vehicles from the distance grew louder as they whizzed past me, to stop not too far ahead of me. Minho and Minjae, both on their respective motorcycles, took off their helmets before Minjae spoke, "Noona! Come on! We can still make it!"

A tear escaped my eye as I cancelled out of the message that I was going to send and approached them. "Oh my god, I owe you guys so much..." I praised as I secured myself behind Minjae. "How'd you guys know?"

"Well, you were the one that made your appearance. Really demonstrated just how there really is a fine distinction between work and personal life. But from the looks of it, we figured you needed a ride," Minho called out before he smirked and put his helmet on.

Minjae handed me an extra helmet, in which I positioned on,

The engines roared once, then twice, and we were off.

The ride was rather smooth. Knowing I was in Minjae's hands, I ironically felt safe despite Minjae's swift movements down the road, dodging the number of cars ahead of us. 

The two brothers occasionally zig zagged with each other, making me question whether their goal is to do tricks on the road or to get me there safe. Regardless, I held onto Minjae's waist for my dear life as we sped our way. 

When we got to the airport, I took off my helmet and placed it on the seat of the motorcycle. Minjae demanded that I go run, run to the gate, and dodge all and everything that comes my way. With that, I nodded and I was off.

As I set foot into the airport, I was already the center of attention. Of course, someone who steps into the airport in blood-stained clothes is not going to look suspiscious. I took out the card Jaejin handed me, and ran to the dashboard, looking for the flight number that was on the card. 

KE384.....................Gate 13.........................Boarding

I checked for the time, and it was 6:52. I quickly surveyed my surroundings, to see airport security call the rest of the squad as they all ran towards me. My eyes widened before I ran towards the gate. I just didn't have time to explain to them, although I knew there would be HUGE consequences coming into an airport like such and avoiding security like a culprit.

With agility and swiftness, I jumped through the terminal gates, with the gang of cops following behind, one in the center, who was literally a couple feet behind me was holding a taser. It was scary. One moment I was a hero, now I'm a runaway culprit, supposedly running from the authorities. Pushing and shoving my way through the line of people, I scurried through to Gate 13. 

Ahead of me, very faint in my vision, I could see him. He who made my heart flutter. He who knew just how my heart works. He who I dearly cared for and deeply love. He gave his passport to the flight attendant. And soon enough, the flight attendant approved and he went through. My body wanted to give out from exhaustion, however, knowing that I came this far, I pushed a little further, until I was within view of the gate security. Immediately, I was hounded and pulled back by the vast number of guards. 

I could only see the receding figure ahead of me, unaware of my presence far behind him.

One of the guards came in front of me before announcing, "Mamn, you are in severe trouble."

"Please, let me go. You...you don't understand!" I pleaded, tears fighting to escape my eyes.

"Please comply and come down with us." The same guard announced.

I let my head down in defeat, only to watch the distance between Seunghyun and me grow further apart. Tears were now flowing down my cheeks.

 

There's no way...no...way I'm letting you go like this...

 

With one last breath of attempt, I yelled, "YAH! SONG SEUNGHYUN!!"


He tried. Even when he tried to have a moment alone in the restroom, trying to come up with a plan, there was just no way. He had tried calling, but she refused to pick up. Reaching for his phone, Seunghyun leaned against the wall of the bathroom, only to find that he did not have his phone.

 

What the...where did I-

 

He must have dropped it in his seat, meaning his manager had it. He clenched his fist, biting his lips in frustration. 

 

Why...why didn't I act sooner? Is it really over like this..?

 

Without a choice, he walked out of the bathroom, and back to his manager. He sternly requested for his phone, once more, in which Yunho handed it over to him.

There was nothing. No missed calls. No returned calls. 

 

Now, with music blasting through his ears, he handed his passport to the flight attendant. The petite woman scrutinized the picture, looking up at him before she closed it up and handed the green booklet back to him. 

 

I just can't believe it's really going to go like this...

 

"SONG SEUNGHYUN!" He heard her call.

 

Great, now I'm hearing things...

 

"YAH! YOU FREAKING, STUBBORN, ANNOYING, IDIOT! SEUNGHYUN!" The yelling continued to pierce through his ears.

 

Gah, okay I know I'm an idiot, you don't have to -- 

 

He bumped into Jonghun, who only looked back at him questioningly, before looking straight behind him. Jaejin and Minhwan were already running back, which made him turn to see...her...

 

His eyes widened at the sight. She was actually there with her tear-streaked face. She was pulled back by an entire squad, her clothes drenched in....is that BLOOD??

 

Taking off his headphones, he ran towards her, his steps quickening as he once again reached the entrance of the gate. However, the flight attendant stopped him, Minhwan, and Jaejin. "Sir, you need to board."

 

"Mamn, you need to come with us," the guard stated impatiently. 

 

Her face, dejected, as if all her efforts were wasted. Though, she did catch his eye, as they locked with one another for the longest time. Before she turned her back at him, her lips curled into a smile, but her overall figure was sullen.

"Let her go," a voice called out from a distance.  

 


Everyone turned to where the voice came from. That voice, that oh-so-familiar voice. There just was no way...

The voice belonged to no one other than my grandpa. The guards remained speechless, irresolute in the current situation. They may not have recognized me due to my current appearance in bloody clothes, but he definitely had that sense of familiarity. No one forgets that face.

"Let her go," he repeated, "I'll take full responsibility of the damage done."

The guards hesitantly but surely loosened their grip on me, in which I took this chance to straighten myself. All the guards bent forward to show their respects. I, along with four members of FT Island, also did the same. The only person who seemed to stuned to do anything, standing there was Seunghyun. It wasn't long before Jonghun pulled him down, making him snap out of it as he bowed as well.

My grandfather walked over to where Seunghyun was and scrutinized him before he spoke, "So...you're the one who gave my granddaughter such stress and grievance..."

Seunghyun bowed even deeper, and it was rather interesting to see. I stepped over to where they stood and responded, "Let's not scare him, please? He's a nice guy."

My mouth opened to form a grin before I let out a soft chuckle. My grandpa gave me a light hug before he walked away. "Come on guys. Let's take care of the damage done." The police and security all began following him down the escalators, until it was literally just me and FT Island. 

I took one long breath, looking down at my feet before I looked up at him. "I guess you really didn't want to see me, huh? Even when we won't see each other for three months, possibly more..." My voice trailed off as I lightly choked on my own saliva, my eyes glistening with fighting tears. "Am I forcing you? Is it really over? Why...how could you....be so stupid...? You didn't even answer me when I called back! You never even got to hear me say I--"

Two hands cupped my cheek, lifting my face up before a pair of lips planted firmly against mine. Shocked at first, I stood there, unable to respond as he kissed me. I let my eyes close before I started kissing back. The kiss held so much passion, so much love, so much emotion. The fluttering feeling triggered in me before he finally pulled away.

"Saranghae. I love you. I'm an idiot, I know. But, you fell for an idiot like me.." he remarked with a sneaky smile, which turned into a chuckle as he pulled me into his embrace, holding me tightly in his arms. 

"I-I love you..." I whispered softly into his ears, tears streaking down my cheeks, slightly damping his shirt. He didn't fail to comfort me as he wiped away my tears and carressed my cheek.

"Seunghyun, we have to go," Yunho called out, breaking the love scene happening in front of everyone.

I let out a sigh, filled with so much: anxiety, relief, happiness, and now sullen. Seunghyun noticed it as he cheekly smiled and pointed out, "I'll be back. Please, please wait for me. I'm really sorry for all the troubles and pain I caused you but really, I promise--"

This time, he was the one stunned as I cut him off with another peck on the lips. I pulled back and presented a soft smile, "I know. I'll see you later. Go. You have fans to please. I'll defnitely see you when you get back. Fighting to you and fighting to FT Island." 

Hongki, Jaejin, Minhwan, and Jonghun stood along the side, waiting for Seunghyun to follow in. "By the way," Hongki started.

Oh god..here goes...

"Did you kill someone on the way here?? Why in the world was security after you? Is that REALLY blood??" He retorted, grabbing everyone else' attentions.

"Oh this...?" I giggled mischievously before I responded, "It's yours. You didn't know?" I responded.

Hongki's eyes widened while everyone else laughed at my smart-alleck response. I patted his shoulder before I jokingly warned, "Better watch out~ I can do things in your sleeepp~"

He pulled back and let out, "Okay guys, let's gooo! I'm getting freaked out now...Seunghyun, your girlfriend is dangerous." He walked forward onto the plane. Everyone else soon followed, leaving me standing, waving good bye. They all waved back, and headed inside. Seunghyun looked over his shoulder once more, meeting eyes with mine before we both  smiled, knowing that this is not the end...


As I walked down each step of the stairs, memories flashed back. The time we met, I utterly at Korean. Now, being as fluent as a native, here I am, with Seunghyun (well techinically he's on the plane...but you know what I mean) and we'll be okay. We will be just fine.

When I finaly reached the bottom of the stairs, I met eyes with everyone, who were waiting for me. Minho, Minjae, my two uncles, and last but not least, my loving grandparents. All sheepishly smiling at me, making it seem like I did something troublesome.

"I...I can explain, " I started, stuttering to find the right words to say.

"No need, you already caused enough damage" Minho smirked, making everyone else snicker jokingly.

I glared at him before refuting, "You guys are SO mean!"

"Okay, well you're the one who looks like you killed someone," Minjae pointed out, making me stick out my tongue in return.

"Geez, I saved a life for your information. Let's not forget about that!" I argued back, before I crossed my arms and leaned against the stair rails. "So mean!" I grumbled before everyone gathered around me to poke fun at me and eventually walk me out.

 

Like scattered pieces of a puzzle, we will be pieced together. I will promise you that. I love you.

-Seunghyun

 

The plane took off, gaining altitude before soaring into the beautiful, evening sky.

 

It really was a long journey. And like such, in a way, we really were ants in the plainfield. But overall, we're like scattered pieces of a puzzle. We go our separate ways, achieve different goals, make a difference in our own respects. But, we fit together with one another, and eventually these pieces are put together to create one picture, a picture like none other, and only those certain pieces will ever create such picture. 

 


And that is the end.

 

Thank you EVERYONE who subscribed, commented, stayed tuned, and/or upvoted until the very end. It was a real ten-month journey writing this story, with it being my first ever fanfic. You guys are SO awesome and I don't think I would have ever finished this story without the support. FT Island is rather underrated, which makes me sad because they are amazing. 

 

Regardless, I'd truly like to thank each and every one of you. Thank you!

  • dmjddt
  • PriMira
  • nanadwp
  • FTIpriVS A3
  • NinaNoDevilNa
  • ftislandfanatic
  • primadonna63
  • dreamer_kid08
  • sillyhappyperson
  • jaedin
  • Nanakawa
  • leekayu_noona
  • minari_j72
  • iamamonkey124
  • babo_cy
  • damnitsfiction
  • curubb86
  • JaeNaekkoya
  • Litoxcutie
  • christalla431
  • yummyz
  • AnahHana
  • 143mimoky

Seriously guys, thank you so much. I would have been utterly psyched with even ten subscribers, but I didn't really expect the numbers to double like that :D Thank you SO much. You guys are freaking A awesome! I love youuuu! ^^ Thank you for taking your time to read this story and I really hope it was worth your time >.<