3 - Lost and Found

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

 

Yay! Thank you for subscribing! It was an exciting feeling (: Here is the 3rd chapter...like I said, I am able to upload a bit quicker but please don't expect me to upload at this rate...Thank you for reading!

Nevertheless, here you go! Hope you enjoy~

- - - - - -

 

“So would you consider yourself a fan of this group? Primadonna?” He asked in a sheepish tone, disturbing me from my thoughts.

“Mmm…not exactly. I mean, like I said, the members are good looking but I’m more interested in their music. I have to admit that Jonghun oppa has amazing talent.” I said as my thoughts digressed for a second before snapping back to reality.

“Jonghun oppa? Hm, what about Seunghyun oppa? Do you know him?” He asked as he smiled

“Yah! Seunghyun is NOT my oppa. Psch oppa my !” I pouted and lightly slapped his arm.

“What? No way. How old are you?” He asked, apparently not believing me.

“I’m 19 as of right now! I turn 20 in December!” I tried to reason with him

“Well, I- he’s already 20! He IS your oppa then! What are you talking about?” He exclaimed.

I swear I heard him say I.. I’m probably hearing things. I quickly dismissed the thought.

“Psh, if I remember correctly, Seunghyun is 1992. I’m 1992! We are the same year so I don’t have to call him oppa!.” I said as I stuck my tongue out at this guy.

“Who taught you that??? Okay, what grade are you in then?” He asked, ready to prove me wrong.

“I graduated college” I smiled innocently because I knew he wasn’t expecting that. Especially in Korea, people do not normally graduate college early.

“What the? You’re 19 and you already graduated college!? What kind of college did you go to? Community?” He looked surprised at first, but he mocked me towards the end.

“You’re stupid. Hmph. For your information, four-year university graduate. Thank you very much.” I pouted and crossed my arms.

I glanced over at him and he had a huge smile plastered onto his face. “Alright, alright. BUT, Seunghyun is still your oppa. He’s like 4 months older than you…how could he NOT be your oppa? Even Minhwan would be considered your oppa!” He argued in the most playful, mocking tone ever.

Again, I pouted in defeat. There’s no point in arguing further. “Whatever” I mumbled before I stuck my tongue out to him.

“Alright, so what would you do if you saw an FT island member, or a couple of members?” He asked…a little more cautiously.

Why is he so cautious all of a sudden?

“Like I said, I appreciate their music more than the band, itself. If I met them, it would be pretty great but I just really like their songs.” I answered as I looked through my tracklist and chose Love Letter as my next song to listen to. I actually lied about it being pretty great to meet them. They were the last people I wanted to meet...

 

We talked about KPOP for a couple minutes longer. He asked me who I liked the most in FT Island. I found out that his favorite group was SISTAR. We just exchanged a few words. I just couldn’t believe I’ve talked about KPOP with another person whom I met after he bumped into me. I was never fanatic about K-pop. Yeah, I do my research but that’s just to keep myself in the loop and not know crap about what I’m listening to.

I let out a soft sigh relieved to see that the day might not be too bad. I should start looking for more apartments soon though.

I slightly tapped his shoulder. “Hey, I gotta go through the rest of this list. It was nice to meet you-..umm..” I started to mumble off.

“I don’t think I’ve gotten your name.” He smiled as he interrupted.

“Oh, it’s Maureen. Well, I go by Maureen in America. But, I guess you can call me Eun Suh if you want.  Kim Eun Suh eebnida!” I laughed at the end.

“Maureen Eunsuh Kim. I guess I could call you Eunsuh. It’s easier for me to pronounce, haha” the boy said sheepishly.

“Anyways, I gotta run. Sorry. Thanks for the bruise by the way. My shoulder is still throbbing.” I joked at the end but it really did hurt! I started walking into the crowd, leaving him behind

“Hey, by the way, check out the last apartment on your list.” He yelled as I was being engulfed in the crowd.

I took out the list from my bag to see that it was not that far from here. I decided to check the place out.

I waved good bye to the stranger. He still never told me his name…

 

 

--At the apartment—

“Thank you so much. I actually really like this place and it was a pleasure.” I came out with a smile. Someone who understood decent English and did not mind speaking her broken English to me. The land lady was really nice and she told me how she, herself, was someone who had a language barrier when she tried to study in America. I guess she understood where I was coming from.

My phone suddenly rang. It was my uncle.

 

Yobusaeyo?” I answered.

How are you? How was your search for apartments? Do you need another week for the hotel? I could get you another week if needed…” He asked on the other line, a little bit concerned.

Haha, it’s totally fine. I think I found the apartment. It’s still in Seoul but I really like it. The landlady is really nice too. I’ll be moving in this weekend. Thank you so much!” I said excitedly

That’s really good! Alright, do you want to do dinner with the family, tomorrow night?” He asked on the other line.

Dinner sounds great. Thank you once again! See you tomorrow!” I hung up as I walked back.

 

It was getting dark, or rather, it was already dark. The lights of Seoul gleamed in my eyes. It was a beautiful city. Reminded me of LA. Always busy with traffic, whether it’s day or night.

As I passed building by building, I suddenly could not pin point where I was. I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere. I tried back-tracing my steps but that failed miserably. I was lost. I tried not to lose it but I could not find out where I was. I tried to ask directions in Korean but people sometimes used some complicated words that I did not understand. It was frustrating but I just smiled as if I understood and thanked each person that tried to help me.

I let out a sigh of concern, fear, and frustration. I was lost but I did not want to call my uncle and worry him. Even if I was to call him, I wouldn’t even be able to tell where I am, so that would fail.

Feeling more and more helpless, I managed to walk myself over to a basketball court. There were two courts that were brightly lit. One was deserted while the other one had five people in it.

I managed to spot an empty bench and sat down with my leasing letter. I was still frustrated at the fact that I couldn’t find my way back to the hotel. I held onto my puzzle piece as I held my knees close to my chest.

“God, doesn’t anyone understand English?” I called out loud, but it was more towards myself out of frustration.

It was quiet.

 

Of course. You’re in Korea. Who else would speak English?

 

“I do-“ A voice came from behind. That voice, I know that voice...

 

- - -

Could it be...? lol

 

thanks for reading! um...I will upload the next chapter as soon as I'm done. The story is starting to pick up now :) Feel free to comment please? It gets lonely lol