31 - Distress and Grief

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

Seunghyun's POV

 

Everywhere I walked, there was something about the announcement of Shinhae's heiress. From our dorm's TV, to the studio TV, to the radios, to just about everywhere I go, there were reports about the huge event in the center of Seoul. 

 

Isn't she really something...?

 

I thought as I picked up a magazine from a CD/bookstore that I tend to go to often. Even on magazines, there was gossip about the Heiress of Shinhae. I put the magazine down for it just seemed too repetitive. I know that she is supposedly the biggest contribution to Seoul and I know that Shinhae has done so much for Seoul but what was so great about her? What has she done for us? We didn't even know what she looked like, yet we welcome her like she's some kind of heiress.

 

She is an heiress, you idiot.

 

My mind snapped back at me. See, even my mind was going against me. Well, if she was the Heiress of Shinhae at that young of an age, she must be one of those workaholics that just don't get to do as much as she would like to. I actually kind of felt sorry for her. 

 

You do know that your own girlfriend is interested in her, right?

 

Again, my conscience just talked back to me. I let out a sigh. There was no use fighting it. The heiress of Shinhae was an awesome being that everyone respects and could only respect. The thought that Eunsuh put her as her role model calmed me down a little bit. If Eunsuh respects her, I guess I really can't do anything about it. However, it was kind of sad that Eunsuh couldn't watch the news with me. I wanted to see the look on her face and tell her about the bet that FT Island made about the heiress being cute or not. 

 

A smirk came upon my face as I remembered yesterday night. It was quite funny if you think about it now. Since Eunsuh was busy with her double shift and my day was free, I thought about doing her a favor.

 

Why not go to the actual event and see the heiress in person?

 

I looked at the time and overheard from a nearby radio. They were announcing it soon so I went about my way. My heart started racing as I approached closer to the event. You could see the balloons and the vast crowd of people from about a mile away, which was intimidating. 

 

Manager hyung would have killed me for wondering into a place with so many people but today, it just seemed like everyone's attention is on her. No one even bothered to take a second look at me as they were engrossed at the stage. There, I saw Prosecuter Kim and Dr. Kim. It felt like an honor all of a sudden to be there. I actually wanted to see who the heiress was now that I was there. Not just for Eunsuh, but it was a mystery I wanted to resolve for myself.

 

"Please everyone, let's welcome not only just the Heiress of Shinhae but our most-loving family member, Kim EunSuh." Dr. Kim announced.

 

My eyes widened at the calling of EunSuh.

 

It's not the EunSuh I think it is...right?

 

Soon enough, my question was answered. EunSuh hesitantly walked upon the stage and took a bow. The cheers and applause grew louder as she looked up and scanned the entire audience. She waved here and there to acknowledge everyone's presence, especially the little kids that would wave at her.

However, while everyone was cheering for her, I could only belittle myself. How could I have not known? And yet, all this time, I have been with the heiress, herself. It was actually humiliating for me not to know. Being a celebrity, I thought I was a burden to her because she had to worry about my fans and antifans. However, I realized now that I really was a burden to her because she had the entire city of Seoul to worry about. And all this time, she was just that much higher than me. I scoffed as I thought about my stupidity. How could I have been so naive? And yet, all this time, I have been teasing and making fun of the great heiress.

 

Wow, I'm such an idiot...

 

I could only look at her as she continued to wave to the audience with a timid smile on her face. As she looked towards my way, I believe our eyes met. Suddenly, her smile slowly faded from her face and her waving grew faint. I let out another soft laugh of ridicule. It was still unbelievable that I just was stupid enough to do all this. Not to even realize that she was the heiress. It wasn't long before she jumped off the stage, only to be hindered by a crowd of news reporters and paparazzi. Our eyes still staring into one another, she was pushed back onto the stage by the body guards and it was then that I turned to walk away.

I didn't even know where I was walking to. I was still in disbelief. It was just so irritating and stupid. She just seemed like a normal person. Someone who worked hard for what she was committed to and someone admirable. But, instead she just had to be the heiress. She was basically royalty. Compared to her, I was nothing. 

After what seemed like an eternity of walking, I sat down by a nearby bench. I guess, old habits die hard as I was at the basketball court. There was a group of five playing an uneven game. The thought of Eunsuh, heiress of Shinhae, just boggled my mind. I could never look at her the same. It was then my right hand grasped into a fist and I slammed it onto the corner wall, hard. What I would have originally cringed in pain for, felt like nothing. With my knuckles bleeding, I ruffled through my hair in frustration.

It wasn't long before I heard footsteps approaching cautiously and then a pair of shoes stood a distance away in front of me. I didn't bother looking up as I already knew who it was.

 

EunSuh's POV 

I honestly cannot say how I got here but my instincts told me that if there was one place other than Han River, it would be the basketball courts where I officially met Seunghyun. And he sat there, with his head buried in his hands, one of them with bleeding knuckles. I cautiously approached him, in which he did not move until I was right in front of him.

"S-Seunghyun-ah" I called out, as my voice shook. Even then, he didn't bother to move. I reached my hand out towards his shoulder, only to have his hand grab my wrist. His eyes were very different. The way he looked at me wasn't the same for he looked at me as if I had the Scarlet Letter. 

"Don't touch me..." He uttered under his breath as he harshly let go of my wrist. 

"Seunghyun...it's me..." I whispered, but he wouldn't look at me.

He merely turned his head before he let out a soft laugh, "It must have been a game to you..." His laugh continued as he spoke, "A sick, freaking game to you."

This took me by shock. In no such way did I ever take anything as a game. It actually angered me as I held my right hand into a fist, trying to prevent myself from yelling at him.

"Seung--" 

"Why didn't you tell me?" He interrupted me and looked sharply at me. "Before we came this far, why didn't you tell me?

I couldn't help but feel just a little bit intimidated. "Seunghyun...I didn't want to see you like this..."

He scoffed in ridicule as he looked away before turning his head and looking straight at me, "Well, what's the difference? Whether you see it back then or now, you're still seeing it.."

I didn't know what to say. This was what I wanted to avoid, and yet it's happening right in front of me, in the worst possible way. It wasn't long before he said the finishing blow and left, "Sorry for not recognizing you. I sincerely apologize, Eunsuh-sshi.."

 


Wow, this was so sad to write x_x My heart hurts now :(

Anyways, I really hope you guys enjoyed. Seunghyun is sad so that made me sad T.T

 

But but but...this story got upvoted so I was super happy :D But writing this chapter broke my heart x__x WAHHH! T.T