2- Strange Encounter

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

 

Seoul, Korea is the epicenter of commerce, wealth and constant rush hours. With a lot of people and cars moving in and out of buildings and streets, it was impossible to even ask for directions. Every person I ask, I cannot communicate clearly due to my language barrier. This made me have second thoughts on staying in Korea. How am I even suppose to stay here for a year when I can’t even communicate clearly.

Nonetheless, my search for an apartment continued. At least I was able to know the apartment names to show to people. Some people were kind enough to point or tell me some directions. Others looked at me as though I was an alien from another planet.

Circling and crossing names out, the apartment list became smaller and smaller as I was able to talk to the landlords and figure out prices. Of course, even some of the landlords are rude to Koreans who can’t speak their own language. One even told me, “You are a shame to your family. You can’t even speak the language properly”. It still rung in my head. It gave my shivers. I shook it off, put on my earphones and my iPod touch.

In the midst of my thoughts, someone bumped past my shoulders hard. My shoulder rung with pain. That really hurt as I was taken back to a short pause.

“Ouch, freaking bastard needs to watch where he’s going” I muttered under my breath in English.

“I heard that.” He replied in English.

Did I just hear English? No way. Someone like me?  But, two of me would not make a difference.

I looked over my shoulders back at the guy.

“Oh, you understood that? You can speak English?” I asked shyly at first. I noticed the crosswalk turn to walk. I needed to cross the street.

“Yeah-“

“Sorry, I have to go. That really hurt by the way. Gave my shoulder a bruise for the week. THANKS!” I interrupted him and ran to cross the street.

As I reached the end of the crosswalk, I saw the guy run for his life as he ran towards me. He handed me the list of apartments that I must have dropped as I bumped into him.

“Here, I think you dropped this.” He handed me the list. I quickly took it from him and bowed slightly

“Ah. Thank you! Life saver!” I was elated as I gave this stranger a hug. I quickly pulled back when I realized that I was giving a stranger a hug. He seemed taken back as well. It was one of those stupid habits that I was never able to get rid of where if someone does something that would have prevented me from freaking out later, I always respond with a hug. I put the list in my hand bag. "um, sorry. It's a habit." I laughed as I started to play around with my hair. 

He just looked up and smiled at me. His smile was really cute as it emphasized his dimples. He was wearing a hoodie with jeans. He stood with long legs, lean body. His dark-brown hair was styled towards the left. Eyes looked intense at first but when he smiled, it really showed cute features. Maybe it’s just me being 5’2”, but he was really tall.

“Are you looking for an apartment?” he asked as he kept eying, seeming to see if people were looking at him or not.

“um yeah, no luck yet. Well I mean, there’s some where it’s okay and I’m considering but I’m still looking for more options.” I stated as I was looking through my track list: I hope – FT Island was playing on my iPOD.

“That song is so old. Do you like that band?” He suddenly said in a mocking tone.

It caught me by surprise that I almost dropped my iPod touch. He must have taken a glimpse of it.

“Yeah. I mean, they have good songs. All of their members are pretty good looking,  too” I chuckled at the end, thinking I was retarded to admit that to someone I just met.

 

Come to think of it, this guy in front of her had very familiar feature to someone I knew...or I've seen. His eyes, his hair...lean body? Where have I seen this guy..?

 

--------

Who could this guy be? ^^

I know I'm uploading really fast. I just want to be able to show you guys FT island as soon as possible so that I don't lose your guys' interest...but after this Thanksgiving break, I won't have as much time with finals coming up. 

 

Happy Thanksgiving!