24 - Misunderstood

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

A/N: I forgot to mention that there is foul language in this chapter. It was necessary to express such emotions in this chapter. Forgive me x_x


 

Eunsuh's POV

 

Walking around the hospital with a clipboard propped in my left arm while twirling the pen with my right arm, I just finished the last of my rounds. It was definitely a long day and my body ached from shadowing an emergency C-section surgery. It was a critical condition. It was definitely stressful with the fact that it's never guaranteed that either the baby nor the mother would survive, but due to the amazing staff and doctors, we were able to keep both the mother and baby safe. I was able to witness the baby's first breath, and it was such an uplifting relief. A new life on Earth.

A smile curled my lips as I thought about the successful endeavor. This was what I worked for and this was definitely what I was proud of. When I checked for the time, it was already 10 pm. I looked out the window to see that it was pouring outside. Knowing that the concert should be over soon, I signed the remaining documents and clocked out to end my shift.

The distance between the concert and the hospital was not too bad. I took the subway and after two stops, arrived in the Hongdae area. I could hear all the fans screaming different names, particularly Hongki's and Jaejin's names. Those two always had the most number of fans. I had received the VIP backstage pass from Jonghun, thus I entered from the back. 

While walking to their dressing rooms, a lot of insecure thoughts fogged my mind. I was unsure of what to even say. I felt like I had some one-sided crush with a celebrity. Like it's like those dreams that you wish could come true but it's obviously not going to happen. 

 

How do I even bring this up to them? Would Seunghyun really avoid me if he had found out? Gah, why am I even asking myself? Should I just keep quiet, hoping that they won't find out until way later...? That's stupid. There's a thing called TV and--

 

*THUD*

 

I was interrupted in the midst of my thoughts by a loud thud. It almost sounded like something slammed into the wall down the hall around the corner. I took a step back, when I heard another blow. The sound was muffled but there was some dialogue going on before I heard another loud thud. It sounded like a fight occuring down the hall. I thought about turning back and having them meet me somewhere, since I didn’t want to get involved with whoever was fighting. However, my instincts told me otherwise.

Taking slow, baby steps, I managed to peek around the corner, down the hall, to observe the fight scene from a good distance.

However, I really wished that I hadn’t seen this.

 

Jonghun was restrained against the wall and he was bleeding. Seunghyun held Jonghun by the collar of his shirt. 

Fear drove into me as I saw Jonghun spitting blood out. He was already beaten up badly with his bruised jaw and blood dripping from his lips. There was some conversation between them that I could not decipher for they were too far for me to actually hear. However, I was able to hear three words spew out from Seunghyun’s mouth, “I’ll kill you.” With that, he landed a punch into Jonghun’s stomach. Jonghun fell to the floor, clenching his stomach.

 

I froze for a few moments, trying to register what was going on.

What the hell happened? Why is he doing this? What is he doing?

 

Jonghun let out a weak laugh as he slowly pulled himself back up, using the wall as support. Seunghyun glared at the barely-standing Jonghun, and the intensity in his eyes was frightening. I had never seen Seunghyun’s eyes filled with so much anger. He grabbed Jonghun and pinned him against the wall, again.

 

As confused as I was, my body wouldn't move and I was not able to utter a word. However, looking at the limping Jonghun in a reckless state, I had to do something, but my heart beat faster when I saw Seunghyun's fist held up to make another blow...

 

No One’s POV

 

The concert came to another good finish. FT Island thanked their fans and took a good finishing bow before waving endlessly with smiles on their faces. Regardless of what goes on in their lives, when they go on stage, it was always an uplifting feeling to play music in front of an audience. The exhilarating thrill was enough to engulf whatever negative situations they have in reality for the period of time.

Minhwan went to go get refreshments for everyone while Jaejin and Hongki were in the other room thanking the staff for their efforts.

That left Seunghyun and Jonghun packing the rest of the things. The atmosphere itself was tense but Seunghyun sighed and asked, “Hyung…I heard you went on a date with her. How was it?” It hurt asking about her but he thought he shouldn’t be this way, for it would not only be uncomfortable for him but for the rest of the band.

“Where did you hear that from?” Jonghun asked, in a semi-low voice.

“Hongki hyung told me” Seunghyun replied.

As of right now, Jonghun hadn’t told Seunghyun of his subtle rejection. He didn’t believe that Hongki would rat him out either. However, he wanted to see just how much the maknae really liked her. “That bastard…” he smirked, referring to Hongki. His eyes peered over to Seunghyun before he continued, “Yeah, I went on a date with her but in the end, I wasn’t interested.” At that moment, Seunghyun’s eyes widened. It was not an answer he was expecting.

 

What is hyung saying...? Don't tell me--

 

“I got bored. She wasn’t interesting. She gave in way too easily…I mean, how boring is that?” Jonghun continued.

Seunghyun clenched a fist and remained stoic, his blood boiling by the second and at every word Jonghun was expressing.

“Little more time and I might even be able to sway her into my bed. She’s just like the others, who would fawn over ‘Jonghunie oppa’” Jonghun showed a little aegyo at the end to indicate how any girl would call his name.

Within the second, there was a swift movement of Seunghyun’s hand before Jonghun was taken back with blood dripping from his lips. Seunghyun landed a punch on his face. “Don’t. Ever. Talk about her like that.” He emphasized every syllable in an extremely low voice. 

 

Hongki and Jaejin had come back from the other room and their smiles wiped off when they saw Jonghun wiping the blood off his lips, smirking “Why? It shouldn’t even concern you? She never even looked at you the same way.”

 

Jaejin was about to intervene but Hongki had stopped him, returning their attention to the scene.

 

Jonghun was pushed to the wall by the impact of another punch. “It doesn’t ing matter. I don’t care if you are my hyung or not, or whether or not you are the leader of FT Island.” Seunghyun uttered every syllable while his eyes were filled with rage and anger.

 

How could he think of her like that? All this time…what the ?

 

“Hyung, I got the—“ Minhwan came soon after but stopped mid-sentence when he saw Jonghun beat up against the wall. Hongki and Jaejin held him back before he could interrupt further.

 

The scene went on regardless of the band members’ presence.

 

“I don’t care if she hasn’t even returned the feeling once to me, but if you EVER hurt her or make her cry, “ He continued, holding Jonghun by the collar against  the wall. “I will kill you,” with that said, he struck Jonghun in the stomach, which caused Jonghun to clench his stomach and fall to the floor.

 

While on the floor, Jonghun let out a panting laugh, while trying to catch his breath. The maknae was really irritated at the leader’s reaction after all that. He turned to see Jonghun picking himself up off the floor, standing limply.

Seunghyun had so much anger built inside him. All this time, he had respected Jonghun and thought it be best not to intervene with his relationship no matter how much it hurt his own self. However, it felt as though a stake was put his chest to find out that Jonghun was playing with her. To hurt the one he loved. Seunghyun thought she was different to him and he thought that Jonghun had actually genuinely liked her. or loved her.

 

But, what the ? It was all a joke to him?

 

Unknowingly, he slammed Jonghun, back against the wall. He held out his fist once more. It was really a shock to him but if this was the way Jonghun really thought of Eunsuh, he would not let her get hurt this way.

 

Jonghun saw the anger in the maknae's eyes. He had finally confirmed that Seunghyun really liked her. Enough to beat up his hyung up to the pulp. Reality had finally caught up to the point these two had recognized their own feelings. Soon enough, she'll tell him, or let him know. There might be some drama in that but he figured that they could go through it. 

 

Better take good care of her, Song Seunghyun, or I'll beat you to the pulp the way you are doing to me now. 

 

Jonghun closed his eyes for a brief moment as those final thoughts ran through his mind. Before the last blow ever came, Jonghun looked up at Seunghyun, who still had him pinned against the wall and remarked, “Why couldn’t you just say so from the beginning?” His lips curled into a half smile before he let out a soft, tired laugh.

 

It was silent as everyone was trying to take in what Jonghun had said.

 

Jonghun watched the makenae’s expression change as he registered what Jonghun had just said and where he was actually going with this. Once he saw this, he smirked before making another smart alleck remark, “Idiot, that ing hurt.”

 

Seunghyun was in disbelief as he froze in his current position for a couple seconds, still holding Jonghun by the collar…

 

“OPPA! –”

 

A sudden outburst. That voice, filled with fear and worry. Everyone knew whose voice that was and all heads turned to see Eunsuh standing limply using the wall for support with a look of confusion and fear.

 


 

Aha, another update! I am on fire! XD I really hope you enjoyed it. Thank you for keeping up with the comments and please do continue. I do check them and try to reply back to them ^^ They keep me going :) 

 

Please continue to show me support by subscribing if you have not, and commenting ^^

COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE. UPVOTE (?)

hehe, THANK YOU! ^^