22 - Broadcast

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

Jonghun’s POV

 

 

 

I sat at the bar, pouring a drink into the small shot glass, before I gulped it down.

 

What am I doing…?

 

I poured another into the glass, and when I was going to gulp it down, a forceful hand pushed my arm down. I looked up to see Hongki, who smirked when my eyes met his from the side, before taking a seat next to me.

I wasn’t drunk. I only had half a bottle. I was aware that I would have the biggest hangover tomorrow before the concert if I finished the whole bottle. But, my heart ached.

When I tried to pull the glass up for another drink, Hongki stopped me again before speaking, “Hey, that’s enough. Get your head together.” I shook his hand off my arm and attempted again, only to spill it across the table. Hongki had snatched the glass away from me, “Jonghun, come on. I know you’re hurting, but you have to snap out of it. We have a concert tomorrow. You can’t be drinking like this.”

Reality check, once again. We had a concert tomorrow.

A tear escaped my eye as I sat there lifelessly.

“She finally figured it out…” I whispered with my head dug into my palms. I was waiting for Hongki to say something like “I told you so” but it never came. I just laughed, in an attempt to get rid of this aching pain.

“I lost her…” I kept repeating. “She was and still is someone special to me…and I lost her.” I slammed the table with my fist to release my anger before I grabbed the bottle and took a huge gulp. This time, Hongki didn’t stop me. He just sat there, before he looked away biting his bottom lips. I clenched my fist, trying so hard not to break anything. Tears continued to stream down my cheeks.

I started to ramble on about how we even got together. Like I said, I wasn’t drunk, so I didn’t let him in on everything, but I needed to let go of some of these emotions. “After I was recruited by FNC…” I started. I rambled on about how she was there supporting me. She would call me every other day to cheer me on. As much as I loved to hear her voice, I became too engulfed into perfecting my skills in musical instruments, particularly the guitar, and showing the staff my best. I ignored her calls. At first I felt bad ignoring her calls, but soon it became a habit, thus I did not feel as guilty as my first few times ignoring them. When I finally came to call her back, I had told her that I missed her. She believed me, as she was so happy to know that I was still alive and she forgot that I had even ignored her calls in the past. However, I had told her that I would call her when I had time, that she didn’t need to worry when I don’t pick up, instead I would call and take that responsibility. She was hesitant at first, but she agreed. After that, our calls became less and less. During that time, I had just gotten to know the rest of what will be FT Island. They had finished training and selecting for the next set of people to debut. I had been working so hard on this selection process, that I had totally left Eunsuh in the dark. Before I knew it, her birthday was coming up. And when I finally decided to reach out to her again, she was gone. Now, she’s still gone. Too many things changed. She tried to warn me but I attempted to go against the current to end up where I was now.

Hongki sighed and put a hand on my shoulder. “Come on, you tried. Plus you’re not at fault. Neither is she. So stop beating yourself up.” He noticed that it was getting late. “Let’s get home. It’s getting late.”

I pulled myself up only to stagger a bit. Hongki got under my arm to support me up.

He tried to joke with me, lightening up the mood, “Jeez, look at you. You didn’t even finish the bottle and you can barely hold yourself up.”

“Shut up, it’s been a while.” I replied before I sighed and let out a soft laugh.

As we were heading towards the exit, the headline on the television caught my attention, and I froze in my steps.

 

Shinhae’s Heiress is said to be back in Korea

 

“Wait,” I got out of Hongki’s supporting arm and went to the bar tender to ask to raise the volume. Hongki stood there, confused as to why I was suddenly so interested at the news.

~On TV~

“Although nothing has been confirmed, there has been word that the heiress of Shinhae is back in Korea. Reporters have continuously attempted to find more information as they stood outside Shinhae Medical Center and Shinhae Law Firm, but to no avail.” The reporter announced.

While the broadcast was going on, Dr. Kim came out of the hospital with a couple people keeping the paparazzi away from his as he dragged himself out of the swarming crowd of reporters into his car.

The scene changed to show Prosecutor Kim basically doing the same thing as he entered his car and drove off.

End

 

It took me a moment to get everything sunk in. 

 

So it’s finally catching on…

 

 


Ah! I'm sorry it's so short and it's not as great >.< Maybe I might update this weekend to make up for it :)

Hope you enjoyed! Thank you for reading!