13 - Wish Come True...

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

 

Eunsuh's POV~

It was late. I slipped out of my flip flops and let the cold rush of the water run through my toes. I started to think about what went on that day.

It was my birthday. One of the best birthdays ever. FT Island. It’s still unbelievable how I ran into them. They stayed at my place for a while. We all had fun. Playing video games, the cake, the band’s present, family’s presents…everything was perfect. I had the best birthday in the history of birthdays.

I looked up at the night sky and smiled as I looked back down onto my palm that held the small paper boat that Seunghyun folded the other night. It still stood strong.

I took one last glance at it before I bent down to let the little boat go, letting the current carry it off into the distance, into the darkness. 

 

It was a dark night. The night of my birthday. With a paper boat in my hand, I closed my eyes.

Just one wish. I don’t care if this is all made up but I just want one wish…

Please, I just want to hear him call my name, seven years from this day…

 

I chuckled to myself. It had been seven years ago since I had made that wish. We were both young. However, what we had back then was magical. At least, to me it was.

However, that wish never could come true. It’s already eleven. The day is over in an hour. People still believe in wishes, or they want to believe that their wishes come true.

To me, I guess I’ll have to find out the hard way.

 

It was my birthday. I was turning thirteen. It was suppose to be one of the best days of my life. I still had my dad coming in on my birthdays, to spend time with me and to make the best out of my birthday. I had my grandparents, my aunts and uncles, all of my amazing cousins. Who I was missing was him.

He started getting caught up with his music. He had just been recruited as a trainee in FNC. I was happy for him. If there was anything more that I could have wished, was for his happiness, for him to pursue his dream.. But, he was one of my only friends. He was the only one that genuinely was my friend. 

And…he was never there anymore. After getting recruited, his calls became less and less and I was not able to see him. His texts were decreasing dramatically…

A package arrived. It was from him. I hesitated before I reached to open the box. Inside was a ceramic puzzle piece. It was meant for a necklace.

There was a note that read:

 

Kim Eun Suh,

I’m sorry I couldn’t make it for your birthday. I’ve been caught up with trainee routines and it’s been rough. However, nonetheless I wish you a very Happy Birthday!

Please, always know that I’m thinking about you. Hold onto that piece, I promise we’ll be able to put the puzzle pieces together. Please, don’t ever let go…I promise to take care of you and I promise to make you happy. Please just wait a little longer…

Love,

JongHun

 

Tears started overwhelming my eyes as I held onto the puzzle piece pendant in front of me.

I was leaving in Spring of next year for America. I couldn’t wait any longer. It was hard to leave but it was even harder waiting for something that wasn’t meant to happen. It wasn’t long before I really would be gone for seven years.

 

The sudden drops of water snapped me out of my flashback series. I realized that it was starting to rain.

Sighing, thinking to myself, I guess it was never meant to be, my lips curl into a smile of acceptance. I stay in the rain a little bit longer, feeling the water on my feet from the river.

It wasn’t long before I heard footsteps behind me.

 

There shouldn’t really be anyone here…who--?

 

I turned swiftly, partly in fear and partly due to curiousity.

“What are you doing here, in the rain, looking like that?” the voice questioned as I looked down at what I was wearing.

It wasn’t TOO bad. I mean, it’s better than wearing a dress in the middle of winter. With black warm leggings and his jacket hanging over me, I looked at Seunghyun with a questioning look as well,

“Whaaaatttt?? What’s wrong with how I look now?? At least I’m warm this time!” I said as I pulled my hands into the jacket pocket.

He held the umbrella over me, to keep me from getting wet further as it started to pour. “Is that my jacket?” He asked as he down to where I was. I nodded silently.

I peeked a glance over to see his lips curl into a small smile.

“What are you doing here anyways? Isn’t it late? Did you forget to make your wish upon the candles that you had to come all the way down here to make your wish?” He teased.

I let out a small laugh at his remark but my mind was elsewhere. “It wasn’t my wish that I had to come down here for...you’re the one that whined to me about not letting your boat go…” I whispered

“YAH! So you came down here just to let that go??? ARE YOU STUPID?? You could have caught a cold! I'm not paying for your medical bills if you get sick this time!!” He ruffled my hair.

"AHHH SEUNGHYUN-AHHH, YOU CAN'T DO THAT! HMPH!" I pouted at first but I ended up  smiling at my own stupidity. Without further ado, I looked towards his direction and stared into his eyes…this time he was uncomfortable but he did not avert his gaze and I could have sworn I saw him blush slightly. I smirked at this and broke the gaze.

“You know, seven years ago, I made a wish here…” I started in a very serious tone. After a long pause, I continued “And…it didn’t came true.” I pouted to lighten the mood.

Seunghyun was a bit speechless as he was expecting some life-changing thing to happen only to see that I changed it to a joking manner. He stifled a laugh and patted on my back.

“Shouldn’t you head back? It’s only going to get colder and I don’t think this rain is going to die down anytime soon…” He said with a small hint of concern.

“I guess…” I glanced at my phone to check for time 11:55 PM. “Just a little longer…I’m suppose to be meeting someone…but I might get stood up.” I laughed to hide any hint of fear.

“You? Even you have the fear of getting stood up?” He joked, which made me laugh more genuinely. I looked down at my feet, fiddling with my toes. I took out my phone once more, checking that it was 11:58 PM. I let out a sigh.

 

I guess it was merely a wish or longing…who am I kidding to actually believe that that after seven years, he would still hold onto the same feelings and come here…to our spot…

 

My heart stopped. I looked up to see a looming figure behind Seunghyun. I saw Seunghyun smile but I could only focus on what was behind him. The figure stepped into the view. The smile on my face was slowly wiped off my face. Seunghyun turned to face what I was looking at.

Everything fell silent.

 

“Kim Eun Suh…” he said…it striked 12AM right afterwards…

 

Choi Jong Hun

 


YAY! Okie, I hope everyone's Christmas went well (:

Here is a late Christmas present :D Hope you enjoyed!

 

Please don't forget to comment and let me know what you think :D

And new readers! Please subscribe and support me if you like my stories! It really encourages me (:

 

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and it's almost New Year! Yay!!! :D