25 - Unexpected

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

 

EunSuh’s POV

 

“OPPA! –” My voice escaped the lump in my throat that prevented me from saying anything. Even then, the outburst was very feeble and weak but it managed to catch everyone’s attention.

Jonghun’s smirk disappeared when he saw my frightened appearance.

 

How could you even have that smile on your face when you’re in such state? Why do you always act like you’re so tough?

 

Thoughts ran wild in my mind as I slowly dragged my feet over towards them. The feelings in my legs came back as I had first taken small steps, which later became longer strides.

Seunghyun froze for the moment, as he seemed shocked, too. He snapped out of it as I was approaching closer before he dropped Jonghun’s collar, letting Jonghun limp to the ground.

Emotion, rather than logic, took control of my mind, as I stood right in front of the man who beat the crap out of someone I sincerely cared about without any given reason. There was a long period of silence aside from Jonghun’s tired breathing and weak callings for me. I felt bad for him. After everything I had done to him, he never deserved this…

I glared at Seunghyun, who had an apologetic expression.

 

“Eun…suh…” I heard Jonghun utter but I ignored him for the moment. He kept calling out my name weakly, and tears were fighting to escape my eyes. Hearing him in such a weak state, it hurt…

“It’s...n-not…what it—“ before Jonghun could finish his weak statement, there was a swift movement before the clear cut sound echoed in the hallway and Seunghyun’s face and part of his body sharply turned from the impact. 

 

I wasn’t able to hold my tears anymore as a drop sneaked its way out of my eyes and down my cheeks. Everything fell silent…It hurt. The silence. It really hurt. I saw him look into my eyes with remorse. His eyes were slightly red before he quickly wiped them, and looked ashamed as his eyes turned to face Jonghun. I saw this movement and immediately got down on my knees and shielded Jonghun.

 

“Just go…” I faintly whispered before I glared at Seunghyun. He seemed taken back, and I just couldn’t say anything else…

 

His footsteps were heard against the hard floor. It started off slow in the opposite direction.

 

“Seunghyun…” I heard Minhwan’s voice behind me before there was a shove and the footsteps receded.

“Eun Suh…it’s not—“ I held Jonghun before he could finish his statement.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry…” I softly let out before I felt his hand on my cheek. I held this hand with mine as I tried to smile and assure him that things will be okay..

“EunSuh…y-you need…to go…” He responded.

 

Go where? No. Where in the world would I go?

 

“No, I’m staying here, oppa. You’ll be okay…you’ll be fine. It’s just a couple bruises and we could get it fixed at Shinhae and…” I knew that I was rambling but my mind was not completely clear yet. All I could think about was tending his wounds and making sure he was okay..

 

“Seunghyun…go to him..” Jonghun uttered weakly before letting out a weak smile.

“What are you talking about? Shut up, oppa, you just got beat up by him…” I tried to make sense of what he was saying.

“No. You don’t understand…” He spoke up a little, which hurt him and made him flinch a little.

“Geez, oppa, stop. You’re hurting yourself.” I said with his head on my lap as I tried to reposition him so that he’s more comfortable.

“I told him, that I played you and got bored of you…so he got pissed and beat me to the pulp.” He let out after trying to get me to go after Seunghyun without letting that much out.

 

It took a moment for me to register what he had just said.

 

He said…what??

 

“YOU SAID WHAT???” I exclaimed in disbelief. All this time, I had been siding him since he was being victimized and what in the world just happened.

 

Oppa, you are so freaking dead..

 

I dropped him, not so that he’ll hit his head on the floor but enough so that his body would ache. He silently yelped in pain as he cringed a little but I just got up from my knees.

 

“Jeez, you could be a LITTLE more gentle with me!” He whined as he was rolling on the floor.

I just rolled my eyes before my attention focused on the rest of the members who all sheepishly smiled at me. “And you guys bothered not to tell me what was going on…BEFORE I went all crazy and slapped Seunghyun in the face…why???”

Minhwan and Jaejin hid behind Hongki before Hongki smirked and responded, “I think you should go find him instead of blaming us for it.” With that, he stuck his tongue out and I pulled off the same action.

I sighed as I knew Hongki’s statement wasn’t false. “Oppa, you guys got Jonghun oppa, right?” I made sure before I was about to run out and find Seunghyun.

“Yeah yeah yeah, we’ll take care of hyung, right?” Jaejin laughed before he lightly kicked Jonghun who was still on the floor, causing him to cringe before he glared up at him.

“YAH! You guys are sooo dead!” Jonghun replied to his pain as he limply picked himself off the floor.

I let out a soft laugh before I was going to head outside. However, I heard Hongki mention, “Oh, by the way…Seunghyun normally doesn’t go far…”

 

That was a relief…hopefully I can find him within the vicinity…

 

“He goes up..” Minhwan smiled before he went along to tend to Jonghun.

 

What’s that suppose to mean?

 

With those words, I ran out of the building, trying to think of possibilities of where he could be. Han Gang was WAY too far from Hongdae and I tried looking everywhere within the 2 mile radius to no avail. Now that I have lived in Korea, I knew my way around pretty well but I still could not pinpoint where Seunghyun could be…

After a good half and hour of running in the rain, trying to find him in every nook and corner of the district, I started walking back to the studio. It definitely was not easy looking for him and not being able to call out his name, due to the massive crowd of fans still outside hanging out, was a huge disadvantage.

 

Aish…what did Hongki oppa mean by he doesn’t go far??

 

I kicked a small pebble that was in my way as I reached for the studio door before Minhwan’s voice entered my head.

 

“He goes up”

 

What does he mean…goes up…?

 

It wasn’t long before I looked up and might have gotten what he meant. I looked up at the building, before my eyes were splashed with the many raindrops falling from the sky. 

 

The roof…???

 

With that, I dashed into the building, passing FT Island who were trying to get Jonghun out of the building.

“Wow, you finally got it. We were wondering where you were going…” Hongki remarked before I stuck my tongue out while passing them. I heard him smirk before Minhwan and Jaejin held their fists and gestured the Fighting motion.

 

I got to the elevator and pressed for the button. After waiting a good two minutes, I realized that the elevator was out of service.

 

Wow, just my day. Are you kidding me??

 

I let out a sigh of frustration before I turned and found the stairs. 

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

“OPPA!”

 

Her voice rang in my head as I looked out into the broad Hongdae area, hearing the rain fall more vigorously than earlier. I froze in my spot earlier but I couldn’t even explain myself. How would I even explain myself? I was basically cornered into making Jonghun look bad or me look back. However, it was my fault that I lost temper…

Her eyes…it was filled with so much fear and pain. It actually really hurt seeing her cry. I beat up Jonghun because I didn’t want him to make her cry, but instead, I was the one person to make her cry.

I let out a laugh to make myself feel better but could not help but scold myself. The way she looked at me after she slapped me, the way she shielded Jonghun to protect him…it was amazing. Not that I was happy to see her helping Jonghun but to see that much care and sincerity in one person, I just didn’t think they really existed as I had been jaded with celebrities and their fake appearances and feelings.

I stood at the edge of the roof, grabbing the handrails to hold myself up. I was still trying to figure out what to say and how to explain myself.

 

What am I even suppose to tell her…?

 

I finally admitted to myself that I love her. And now that everyone in FT Island knows and supports it, there’s only one person who now might have other ideas.

 

How do I even get through to her? Especially after all that…Would she even return the—

 

Suddenly, the door to the roof swung open, which made me jump a bit to reveal Eunsuh with her hands on her knees panting really hard and trying to catch her breath.

Dumbfounded, I just stood there while she yelled over the rain, “YAH!”

Out of breath, she panted hard as she managed to drag herself over to where I was standing, while I still just stood like an idiot, startled from her sudden appearance. Her knees seemed like they were going to give out any second, in which I made it in time to catch her before she fell to the ground.

The pouring rain soaked both of us. Her hair was completely wet and her clothes stuck to her skin, revealing the outline of her body.

She pulled out of my arms before pointing at my face, still trying to catch her breath.

 

“You……” She started in a low voice.

 

My heart started racing as I still had not figured what to say or yet alone approach her.

 

“……are….” She paused in between words. I don’t blame her for she just ran up about fifty flights of stairs.

 

What more do I have to say...after all, I was the one who ultimately made her cry...

 

 

All the negative thoughts rushed into my mind.

 

What if I can’t ever tell her my feelings afterwards?

What if she’s already moved on?

What if she just won’t ever accept me after what’s happened?

Etc etc.

 

 

“…a freaking i—“

 

Her sentence was cut short after a swift movement. My mind had no time to react to my body and it wasn’t long before my mind processed the reaction of my body had made...

 

Her soft lips were pressed against mine and all together, time had just stopped… 

 


I'm so sorry it took so long to update...I had a brutal first round of midterms, thus it was a bit nerve-racking.

Thank you to ALL those who subscribed and commented! and to all the silent readers!

You guys are all the best :)

 

Please continue with the comments and subscritions for a little motivation doesn't hurt :) 

Thank you for being incredibly patient!

I tried to make this long...so I really hoped you enjoyed >.<