6 - Stranger to Good Friend

Like Scattered Pieces of a Puzzle

 

Seunghyun’s POV

On the way back to our dorm, I just sat silently in the van looking at my phone. I felt my heart skip a beat as I remember how she just snatched my phone out of my hands.

I kept staring at the number on my phone, putting my thumb over the digits on my phone one by one repeatedly.

Just from meeting her today, she was a strange character. Carefree, funny, clueless as hell. How could she not know we were FT island. She has a great personality overall. Her smile always gets to me and she’s really cute. Kim. Eun. Suh.

 

Wait, what am I saying?

 

I shake my head when I remember she called me an idiot. That brat. And she thought she could pass without calling me oppa?

“Psch, in her dreams” Heads turned towards my direction. I realized that I said that out loud. 

I had been so lost in my thoughts and kept repeating the same action of putting my thumb over the digits as I stared into my phone.

Jaejin took notice as he remarked, “You know…if you keep doing that, you’re gonna trip and press something to delete her number altogher”. He winked as he joked around.

Minhwan let out a laugh while Hongki smirked as he looked out the window in the front seat. However, Jonghun looked deep in thought as his eyes remained on the road. I could feel him eyeing my phone through the rear-view mirror time to time.

 

Something about this, made him uncomfortable…

Could he just be worried about us? Worried that us hanging out with a fan basically?

 

I shook it off. I took Jaejin’s words into consideration, and finally saved her number into my phone.

 

Eunsuh’s POV

The whole room was a mess. I literally flipped the room upside down, searching for my puzzle piece strap. I ran outside, retracing every bit of my step, even asked the lost and found, and didn’t find anything. It was gone…

I sulked in the couch, about to cry. How could I lose it? It was always on my phone? How did it slip out?

I heard my phone vibrating. I walked over to it and looked at Caller ID. It was my grandfather.

Neh, halabuhji,” I answered, hiding my restless state in my voice.

Eun Suh! I heard you arrived in Korea! We missed you! Your uncle already told us about dinner tomorrow. Your grandma and I can’t wait to see you!” He exclaimed

I chuckled, “I miss you and grandma too. Where are we eating? Could we eat at DaeRyoDo?” I pleaded. Suddenly, talking about food made me a bit more calm and a little more excited.

Yes, we knew you would want to eat there, so we made a reservation. The chauffeur will pick you up at 7pm so be ready by then tomorrow!” He stated.

Ne. I will see you tomorrow.” I answered. He said bye and hung up soon after. I set my phone to its actual volume. I could barely hear vibrations

 

I lied myself back in bed, my mind was still restless. Where could it be? Where did I drop it?

It was there when Jonghun-ie oppa was holding onto my phone…after that, I can’t remember…

I put a pillow over my head and screamed into it.

 

“FT Island is bad luck…” I grumbled to myself.

 

annyeongiran mal hello, hello ijen goodbye, goodbye
ijeuryeogo jakku aereul sseodo geuge andwae
nan hello, hello, oh neon goodbye, goodbye
ajikkkaji neoreul saranghandan mariya

 

My phone rang. I just let it ring. I was tired. The phonecall went to voicemail.

My phone made a tick tock sound, indicating that a text came in.

I got up to get my phone, and saw a random number.

 

ADD ME!

 

The text stated. This made me smile, knowing that it was Seunghyun. 

I know, I'm a hypocrite. i say FT island is bad luck...well they ARE. I lost it after seeing them.

 

-What do you want?

-Have you eaten yet?

 

That was a random question. Come to think of it, I haven’t eaten anything since the morning. My stomach started to growl.

 

-Yes. I lied.

-Stop lying. Go eat something.

 

I would have to go out to get food if I was to eat.

Too lazy…I thought

 

-I’d rather starve. Too lazy.

-Wow…

 

I got tired of texting so I ended up calling his number.

 

Yobusaeyo?” he picked up.

Ne, could I get a supreme pizza to this address please?” I joked

“You know, if you’re really hungry, I can get you food.” He seemed semi-serious.

“Haha, it’s fine. I can get my own food…I just don’t feel like eating right now.” I answered

“What kind of food do you like? Or what’s your favorite Korean food?” He asked.

“I normally am not picky with food. I eat anything that’s edible. However, I really miss the street vendor ddukbbokii.” I stated as my mind started thinking about the ddukbbokii. My stomach growled.

He chuckled on the other line.

We ended up talking about everything and anything for about an hour or two. I don’t know, I lost track of time…

We started talking about family. I found out he has a younger brother. I just revealed that my mother passed away when I was five and my dad was always away on military duty, so I rarely see him.

To be honest, I was raised by my grandparents. And my grandparents…were not normal grandparents. I never revealed my family to anyone.

 

Except him…

 

I guess I calmed down after talking to him. Seunghyun made me feel a lot better…

 

“Eunsuh! Kim Eun Suh! Maureen!” I woke up to someone yelling my name in my ear. I realized that I must have spaced out.

“Sorry, I guess I fell asleep. You could have just hung up on me…” I stated, feeling sorry that he actually stayed on the line.

“No worries. It’s totally fine. I got to hear your snore” He joked

“Oh, stop it. No way. Shut up.” I stated, feeling embarrassed.

“I’m joking. You should get some sleep” He said.

“Alright, I’ll talk to you later.” I hung up and closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

 

---

Ah, here you go. It's a double update. Please feel free to leave me comments and suggestions! Go read the next chapter :D