o10.

Hey, Ms. Reporter!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Please, mom, don’t leave me.” Hani cried. She was on the ground hugging her mother’s foot so she couldn’t leave. “Please don’t go, mom. Please…” She begged. Her little cries were no help against the thunder across the night. The rain poured really hard, just like her tears rolling down her cheeks. “Dad, don’t let mom go…please make her stay.” She cried while looking at her father who was just sitting on the couch. He didn’t seem to care.

“Let go of me, Hani.” Her mother spoke. She remembered everything she had said to her. “I don’t love you anymore so let go.”

“Let go of her, Hani.” Her father spoke at last. “She has another man waiting for her outside.” When she didn’t let go, her father came to her and pulled her away from her mother.

“No! Mama! Mama!” She cried, her vision blurred but she can still remember how her mother opened the door and left, without looking back.

Hani’s eyes shot opened as the thunder stilled through the night. She sat up but darkness filled her eyes. Realizing that the emergency lamp Hoya had given her was no longer shading its light, fear engulfed her soul. Barefooted, she d to the door and headed toward Hoya’s door just across her room.

She knocked. “H-Hoya? Hoya-shi?” She knocked again when the door didn’t open. She was waiting for ages, she realize Hoya must be snoring to death at this moment. She reached for the doorknob and twisted it open. From the lightning flickered through the window, she caught a glimpse of Hoya’s sleeping form on his bed.

Slowly, she reached for his bed and sat on the edge. The bed wavered as she did that made Hoya moaned and stretched.  He probably saw her when the lightning flickered outside because he jumped and cursed at the same time. “What the hell are you doing here?” There was a glint of irritation in his voice, and she understood why.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you…” She started. “The emergency lamp is dead…and I don’t want to be alone in the room.”

Hoya sighed as he sat up. “You’re not allowed to stay here, either.”

She ignored what he said. “I-I’m having a bad dream,” Her voice wavered. She blinked when she felt her eyes starting to get warm. “I-I dre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter