The Big Idea

Stuck in the Friendzone

 

Chaeyeon suddenly gasped and slammed on the brakes.

Myungsoo peeled himself away from the windshield and screamed, “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!” *Good thing the road is empty or we really would’ve been screwed..*

Chaeyeon made no effort to apologize but instead held a goofy smile on her face.

He stared at her quizzically as he watched the gears turn in her brain.

“I’ve got an idea to make you from a nerd,” she gestured to his oversized glasses and tucked in shirt. “Into one of the top kingkas of Seoul Performing Arts High School!”

“And how do you think you’re going to do that? Hmm? And don’t even think I’m going to agree with whatever plan you have in mind.” Myungsoo pushed his glasses up.

“I am sure my idea will work Myungsoo Oppa,” Chaeyeon turned up the aegyo with her pouting face. “Trust me.”

A powerless man against the aegyo, Myungsoo squeezed his eyes shut and muttered, “Fine. Tell me what you have in mind.” *YAH. KIM MYUNGSOO. HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?!*

Chaeyeon smirked, knowing her little act would work. “You’ve seen on TV shows how they turn those normal people into K-pop group looking members right? I’ve decided to make you over! All those episodes I’ve watched shouldn’t go to waste.”

“Mwo?! Aren’t makeovers only for girls though?” Myungsoo was flabbergasted at the idea. He had seen the before and after photos of the countless people turned to stars. It seemed too good to be true.

Chaeyeon shook her head excitedly. “Of course not. You better promise to do it.”

He stared at the pleading look in her eyes and the clasped hands. “I promise.” *It’s for my best friend! And the new look she decides to give me can’t be worse than what I already look like.*

“KYAAH! I knew you would Myungsoo Oppa!” Chaeyeon reached over and hugged him tightly. For the rest of the ride home, she chattered on and on about the different things she could do to his hair and styles of clothes they just had to buy.

*Aish.. what have I gotten myself into?!*