Trainees at Woollim!

Stuck in the Friendzone

 

“UMMA! APPA!” Myungsoo screamed once he reached his house.

His parents rushed to the living room. “What happened?! Is someone hurt?!”

Myungsoo shook his head excitedly. “What? No! While we were at the noraebang, the president of some entertainment company called Woollim noticed our singing and asked us to be trainees!”

“You, Chaeyeon, and those six guys you always talk about?” His mom asked, still inspecting Myungsoo to see if he really was bleeding or bruised anywhere.

“Umma, I’m fine.” He brushed away her prying fingers. “But come to think of it, I don’t think the president, Mr. Lee, handed her a business card…” *Awh, crap! I must have looked like such a messed up friend back there. I shouldn’t have left.*

“She wasn’t? I thought she went singing with you too.”

He shrugged. “Maybe he was only looking for guys.”

“Hm… alright. Be a good friend to Chaeyeon though. Go email this Mr. Lee guy and tell him you’re in.” Mr. Kim patted his son on the head and went back to watching the news.

He smiled brightly and rushed to his room.

 

To: Kim Sunggyu, Jang Dongwoo, Nam Woohyun, Lee Hoya, Lee Sungyeol, Lee Sungjong

From: Kim Myungsoo

HEY GUYS. I’m in. Message me back when you ask your parents.

 

Myungsoo logged onto his email and typed a short message to the president of Woollim. He responded almost immediately as if he knew they were going to join for sure.

 

To: Kim Myungsoo

From: WOOLLIMENT

That’s great to know! Practice is this Friday at 4 PM. See you there!

 

A beep from his Facebook messenger told him the others had replied.

 

From: Kim Sunggyu

Me too… I’m so excited for practice! Going to sleep now…

 

From: Jang Dongwoo

My parents gave me permission too kekekeke~

 

From: Nam Woohyun

Yeeaaah!!!!! We should go somewhere to celebrate! Maybe pick up some babes. Unless Sunggyu hyung is too tired and wants ginseng =_=

 

From: Lee Hoya

Yes! This is going to be loaaaads of fun, I hope the week can be done. Please don’t shoot me with a gun. Even though I’m guessing you don’t even have one. Hehehehehe… like my little rhyme?

 

From: Lee Sungyeol

ASSA! WE ARE GONNA BE TOGETHER FOREVER HUBBIE~ <3

Just kidding. I’m gay? I don’t know what you’re talking about.

 

From: Lee Sungjong

Yay, hyung! Maybe I’ll show off some girl group dances to the boss! I learned Sistar19’s rubbing dance not too long ago!

 

“YES!” Myungsoo smile brightened the whole city of Seoul as he typed replies back to his friends.

 

 

 

 

 

“A-and then, and then h-he just LEFT ME!” Chaeyeon rambled on and on about what happened at the noraebang as she cried onto Key’s shoulder. He gave her a tight squeeze to let her know he was listening.

The students and even the teacher were all used to her random outbursts and little arguments with Key that they didn’t even bother shushing them anymore.

“How can this guy even be considered your friend? He’s a jerk for all I know.” Key nudged her lightly until she looked up. “Look, hang out with me and my friends today. We’ll have a “healing day” I guess.”

Chaeyeon nodded silently. After the incident from the weekend, she had barely talked to Myungsoo all day. She had heard that all seven had confirmed trainee status with the guy who praised them.

The bell rang for the end of school and the two quickly packed their sketchbooks, colored pencils, and pens away.

“Come on! I’m walking with my friends to the park. They always hate it when I’m late.” Key took Chaeyeon’s arm and pulled her from the classroom before she could even protest.

They arrived to the entrance of the school and Key was relieved to see four pairs of eyes trained towards their direction.

Chaeyeon however was shocked to see seven different pairs of eyes. Six of them happy and cheerful, as if they were glad the only girl had found someone else to tag along with, and one pair with a sad and deserted look.

She turned away and started toward Key who was already yammering on about a design that he made in class.

“Oh, this is Chaeyeon, my friend from class.” Key gestured to his friends while speaking to Chaeyeon. “And these babos over here are Taemin, Minho, Jonghyun, and Onew.”

Minho clenched his fists a little. “Who are you calling a babo?”

“N-no one. I meant awesomeest, most fantastic people in the world! Eh heheh… he…”

“That’s what I thought.” Minho crossed his arms and looked genuinely pleased with himself.

“Is this Key’s girlfriend?” Taemin whispered, quite loudly, to Onew.

“Hmm… I don’t know. Possibly. He talks lots about her. In fact, I would have known this was her even if he didn’t intro-“

“OKAY, LET’S GO NOW!” Key walked forward, never taking his hand off of his hyung’s mouth.

Chaeyeon heard the conversation though and looked down as she followed the five towards the park. *I’m sure Onew ssi didn’t mean it.*