Sleepover

Stuck in the Friendzone

 

Even after the drive back home, Chaeyeon couldn’t believe the change in Myungsoo’s look now that his hair was cut.

His hair style went in perfect harmony with the handsome looks his best friend never knew he possessed.

She was utterly shocked. With a capital S. Heck, with capitals S, H, O, C, K, E, D.

With a short “hello” to her parents and notifying them of her sleepover, she trudged up the stairs knowing they wouldn’t bother the two friends as they always spent 24 hours of every day in the summer with each other.

Chaeyeon rinsed off the sweat brought from the humid sunny day in a trance, still unable to pull her mind off the recent event.

With her hair dried and back into its usual messy bun, she pulled on her tank top and pajama shorts and skipped down the stairs to ready the TV for the sleepover.

In her hurry to set up the movie she rented, Chaeyeon missed a step on the stairs and tumbled down, hitting her face on the last stair.

“Ooooooww…” She grumbled as she gingerly touched her bruised forehead.

“Aigoo. I saw your little stunt right when I walked through the door.” Myungsoo smiled down at her.

He was dressed in plaid pajama pants and a plain white v-neck t-shirt with his hair still perfectly ruffled.

Chaeyeon glared up at him. “Are you going to pull me up or what?”

Myungsoo reached down, offering a hand. “Let’s get moving or else the night’s going to end before we even crack those magazines open.”

He poked her forehead, at the point where it hurt the most,

She tapped a few buttons on the remote to bring up Titanic, their all time favorite movie.

As the movie played, Chaeyeon brought her heavy stack of magazines and her laptop.

The magazines were filled with countless boy bands, all sporting the latest fashions.

“How can I expect to pull outfits like that off?” Myungsoo pointed towards various pictures of SHINee’s Key and Big Bang’s G-Dragon with their usual fashionable clothing.

Chaeyeon’s eyes widened at a particularly bright neon ensemble and quickly shook her head. “That would totally not attract girls at our new school.”

“Totally..” Myungsoo thoughtfully flipped through another magazine. *Which one of these clothes WOULD look good on me? They’re all too showy, not my style at all.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I seriously don’t think the clothes these famous people wear are going to look good on me. Their whole LOOK is completely different from mine and I’m not just talking about the clothes.” Exclaimed Myungsoo.

“You have to try at least…” Said Chaeyeon.

“Look at them Chaeyeon. I don’t have blonde hair or the palest skin known to man. I also don’t have rock hard abs or perfect teeth. Forget trying to look like them.”

After around three hours of glancing from picture to picture of photo shoot pictures and fancam ones, Chaeyeon could tell he was right, none of the people in magazines really fit him.

She shrugged, knowing they’ll find something right for him in clothing stores, and reached for the bowl of popcorn teetering between their shifting weights on the couch.

“What’s your idea for new clothes then?” she asked.

“I noticed the boys at our school were wearing skinny jeans and snapbacks but I don’t think that would be my style either. What about fedoras and plaid shirts? I can stick with the skinny jeans but no snapbacks.”

“No pastel skinnies? I’m sure I’ve seen many guys wear that around school.” Chaeyeon glanced at him curiously.

“Nope. Making my own trend now.” Myungsoo laughed at his words considering the fact that all he wore these days were unmatched running wear and random shirts won from science fairs or what not.

His eyes shifted to the clock which read 1 AM. “We should sleep now. It’s getting kind of late and we aren’t getting much from these magazines besides Minho’s favorite colors and the weird hobbies B1A4 has.”

When Myungsoo noticed there was no response from the usually talkative girl, he looked over to her side of the couch immediately in case she had fainted over L. Joe or something.

Instead, she was sleeping peacefully with a popcorn kernel stuck to the side of , as if she had fallen asleep right when she was going to eat it. With her hair out of her bun and splayed across the magazine her head was on top, he had to admit she looked kind of adorable.

“Babo…” Myungsoo whispered as he gently removed the kernel from and went to trash the rest of the popcorn.

He lay on the opposite end of the couch and muttered “goodnight” to the unconscious body next to him as they both fell into a deep slumber.

 


When I started writing this fic I thought "HAH, these chapters that other authors are writing are one page, two page max on Word. Piece of cake."

Oh my lord, was I horribly wrong >< dang my calculating skills

That's why my chapters are so incredibly short. I'm trying to lengthen the chapters one by one as I continue the fic but due to schoolwork and what not, they have yet to grow a page or two longer.