Sohyun is BACK

Stuck in the Friendzone

 

Myungsoo grumbled, heaving himself up to a sitting position.

He rubbed his eyes, looking around at the room around him that didn’t seem to be his bedroom.

*Oh yeah! I’m sleeping over at Chaeyeon’s.* He looked around for a clock.

“WHAT, IT’S TEN IN THE MORNING?! I HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL!” Myungsoo bellowed.

Chaeyeon was jolted awake by the sudden exclamation. “What in the heck are you talking about? IT’S SUMMER YOU BABO.” She groggily yelled.

“Oh yeah…” Myungsoo rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

“As payment for waking me up, you’re making me breakfast while I get to sleep more. Arraso?” huffed Chaeyeon who was obviously still pissed.

“Fine. How would you like your eggs? Spoiled or rotten?” Myungsoo smirked.

Chaeyeon who was always cranky in the morning snapped, “Shut up and go make them!”

Myungsoo got up and noticed a sticky note on the refrigerator: Chaeyeon-ah, we noticed you two were still asleep when we got breakfast at 9 so your appa and I decided to leave you alone while we go to work. Be sure to make breakfast yourself! We have eggs, milk, kimchi, and spam in the fridge, if you need more, take the cash on the table and go buy something from the market. Saranghae, Umma.

Myungsoo smiled as he pulled the fridge door open. He grabbed two eggs, spam, and a loaf of bread from the cabinet.

He cracked the two eggs and mixed the whites and yolks until it was a frothy yellow liquid. He then dumped the contents of the bowl into the frying pan.

Mixing the eggs every so often while it cooked, he added some salt and pepper and finally scooped the eggs out onto a plate.

The spam was the next to be cooked.

He cut out four pieces from the can and set them onto the pan.

Myungsoo grabbed four slices of bread which he quickly buttered and placed equal amounts of eggs on the two soon-to-be sandwiches.

After the five minutes of hardcore cooking, he took the fully cooked sizzling spam from the pan and set them on to the sandwich which he finished with the final slices of bread.

He decided to put a bit more effort into the meal by making his signature strawberry banana smoothie.

After checking the refrigerator and the pantry from top to bottom and not finding a single ingredient needed for the drink, in the end, he had to go buy the fruits himself.

It was for the best since Chaeyeon could sleep a little longer and be able to wake up to a yummy fruity surprise.

Myungsoo ignored the pocket money Mrs. Choi had left on the table and grabbed his own wallet instead.

He took a glance back to the couch where Chaeyeon was still snoring blissfully and walked out the door.

 

 

 

 

 

Inside the market, he searched the fruits section for a box of strawberries and some bananas.

He swung his basket over his shoulder and whistled as he looked quickly between the aisles for the rest of the many ingredients.

“OHMAHGAWD IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS. KIM MYUNG SOO?!” Myungsoo’s eyes widened as he spotted Chaeyeon’s old friend, Sohyun, gasping at him with equally big eyes. The nonfat yogurts she held a moment before dropped to the ground loudly.

*Oh no… She’s going to be spreading rumors now.* He scurried behind crates piled high with watermelons and prayed, hoping she wouldn’t come searching for him.

Unluckily, within seconds, Sohyun’s head popped out from the other side of the crates and examined Myungsoo’s head with scrutinizing eyes.

“You’ve chaaaanged. You’re actually a little good looking now.” She said while noisily chewing on her gum.

“Yes, um, thanks, I guess.” He said while trying to scooch out of the corner and off to the peacefulness of the market.

“You even deserve my number now!” Sohyun said brightly, pulling out a pen and a gum wrapper.

While she was scribbling the digits, Myungsoo finally managed to squeeze out of the small space and dash off to the opposite side of the market.

“Gasp…gasp..” He grabbed the nearest plum juice sample from the table and gulped it down in a flash. *I should hurry up and buy the honey and milk before that weirdo finds me.*

He sprinted from aisle to aisle and finally picked up a jar of honey and a gallon of milk.

With one last look before stepping out the door, Myungsoo strode quickly down the road back to Chaeyeon’s house.