Snip Snip

Stuck in the Friendzone

Myungsoo gulped loudly at the sight of the sharp scissors being waved around.

“Well? Don’t just sit there like a kicked puppy; noona isn’t going to bite!” Soobin grinned.

He nervously flattened the hair at the nape of his neck. “A-anything will do, Soobin n-noona.”

“Alright then! Don’t tell me you hate it afterwards though!” Soobin yanked Myungsoo after her to get his hair shampooed and conditioned to perfection while Chaeyeon strode behind with an amused expression.

The hairstylist’s powerful hands massaged the hair products into Myungsoo’s hair to smooth out the tangles and to give it a healthy shine.

She then led the two back to the chair where she began to work her magic.

Soobin parted the damp hair off to the side like how most K-pop male idols wore it. His long hair hung over his eyes and almost reached past his nose.

The scissors snipped away at the bangs to make them just at eyebrow level.

Soobin whipped out an electronic razor to finish off the back of his head.

After a quick blow dry and some added mousse to make his hair look naturally ruffled, Myungsoo became a totally different person.

 

 

*Woah.* Chaeyeon could think nothing else when she saw her transformed best friend without his glasses or the everlasting bird nest hair.

Soobin held up a small mirror so Myungsoo could see the back of his head as well. “Not bad, huh?”

*Who is that man?* He stared quizzically at the now good-looking man in the reflection.

Chaeyeon blinked a few times to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. She was still staring in disbelief as they were escorted over to the cashier.

She wasn’t even paying attention when the lady told her several times that she had to pay another five thousand won. (A/N: five thousand won is $4.62 US dollar)

Chaeyeon suddenly felt shy and self-conscious to this guy she has known for years as they drove home.

“So… what do you think?” She spoke up in an attempt to stop the awkwardness that came over the two.

“She did a seriously fantastic job.” He studied himself in the passenger seat mirror, turning his head in one way, then another. “I didn’t even think I would look like this under all that hair and the glasses.”

*No kidding.* Chaeyeon tried not to look at Myungsoo and focused with all her might on the road ahead.

“Chayeon wh- YAH WATCH OUT!!!” He screamed as their car narrowly missed a jaywalker crossing the street.

“If you drive like this, I’ll give you my glasses to wear!” Myungsoo angrily shook his fists.

“Eh? Don’t you need them to see?”

“Nah, I only needed them back when I was in middle school but now my vision is perfectly fine. I guess I just wear it out of habit.” He shrugged.

“Babo… you shouldn’t wear them. You look much better without those big frames around your eyes.” Chaeyeon said as they pulled into her driveway.

“Really? You think that?” Myungsoo stared her way and fluttered his eyes with puffed out cheeks. This had much more of an effect with his new look.

She had to blink twice before she processed that he was waiting for an answer.

“Of course! Your hair is all right now but your fashion sense still needs to change. Can you sleep over tonight? We can study magazines to find out what the K-pop idols dress like casually.” Chaeyeon stared pointedly at the unmatched tattered sweats.

“Um, arraso.” Myungsoo stepped out of the car and walked across the small patch of grass that separated their two houses. “See you in a bit!”

Chaeyeon smiled contently as she too pulled herself out of the car and hurried into the coolness of her house.