Halloween Party Pt. 1

Stuck in the Friendzone

 

“This makes me look fat doesn’t it?” Chaeyeon pulled and tugged at the top of her halter-top, flowing dress in front of the mirror. The halter was a spiky looking collar that resembled what a vampire queen would look like. Her hair was up in a tight bun with two strands framing either sides of her face.

Myungsoo walked up besides her. “No, you look fine. Here’s your cloak.” He draped the fabric over her bare shoulders. His reflection in the mirror was a handsome, ageless vampire. Chaeyeon had used white costume paint to decorate both of their faces and dotted a bit of fake blood on the corners of their mouths. Myungsoo finished his look by mussing his hair up into a just-woke-up-but-I’m-still-y and putting on a black tux that matched her dress.

“Hmm… okay, let’s go.” She started moving out the door before she paused. “Oh, wait! I forgot the most important part!”

Chaeyeon ran as quickly as she could with all the clothes on and retrieved two boxes of red contacts.

“Here put these on.” She gave one box to Myungsoo and poked the two red lenses into her eyes.

Myungsoo jumped at the startling change in her eyes and put his in too.

“Nooow, we can go.” She grabbed her clutch and opened the door to a cacophony of loud honking.

“FINALLY! I thought we were going to sit out here the rest of the night.” Hoya shouted from the passenger seat and buckled his seatbelt.

“Oh my god their eyes almost scared the crap out of me…” Dongwoo shuddered at the sight of the two in their vampire costumes.

“Hey, where are your dates to the party?” Chaeyeon ducked her head as she got into the car and fastened herself in.

“We are each other’s dates.” Dongwoo grinned widely at her through the rearview mirror.

Myungsoo’s eyes bulged. “Wait, WHAT?! You mean I didn’t have to come with Chaeyeon?!”

Sungyeol sniffed from the back. “Yeah, you should have come with me. Now I’m stuck with this doofus now.” He poked Sungjong on the shoulder.

“Hey!” Sungjong crossed his arms. “I am an awesome date.” He pretended to flip his hair.

Sunggyu quickly intervened. “Myungsoo, even though we all paired up with each other, you still probably would have been with Chaeyeon anyways. We have seven people and she’s the closest with you.”

“That’s exactly what I was going to say. We fit each other so well.” Woohyun cooed towards his partner while Sunggyu made a face back at him.

Chaeyeon pretended to choke back sobs. “Y-you didn’t want to go with me? Myungsoo OPPA?”

“Wha- no, no. I would have gone with you anyways bestie!” He gave the most awkward hug ever to her to the “awhh”s of everyone in the car. He clearly did not know how to respond when there was a crying girl.

Dongwoo stopped the car in a parking space in front of the school opened the door for his date. “Let’s go Hoya!”

The rest of the occupants followed suit and walked into the dark, creepy school.

“I didn’t know it was going to be this scary…” Chaeyeon hung back and walked closer to Myungsoo.

“Relax… the best the students in Leadership can do is put on a mask and scream in our faces.”

Sungjong gasped and pointed wildly to what he had spotted. “Look! It’s a haunted maze! We neeeeeeed to go in there. I haven’t had a good scare in ages!”

He took the hand of Sungyeol, his date, and rushed towards the entrance. “YAH LEE SUNGJONG! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!! YOU KNOW I HATE SCARY PLACES!”

The Woogyu couple shrugged and followed the noisy duo.

Dongwoo turned his head to Hoya who had an evil smile plastered on his face. “N-no. We can’t go in t-there!!”

“Come on! We have to look manly in front of our fans!” Hoya thudded his chest and started pulling Dongwoo who had his legs dragging on the floor.

“NO!! I’M GOING TO LOSE THE ONLY MANLINESS I HAVE BY GOING IN THERE! PLEASE!!” Dongwoo looked back and gave Myungsoo and Chaeyeon the best save-me face he could muster up and whimpered as his body gave to Hoya’s strength.

“Let’s go to the haunted house too. I have to keep a manly image for myself too.” Myungsoo began walking towards the transformed school building but stopped when he didn’t hear footsteps behind him. “What’s wrong?”

Chaeyeon gulped. She wasn’t ready to go into a haunted house. She will NEVER be ready to go into a haunted house. “I seriously don’t want to go in there.”

“You have me remember? I am your date for the night and I will protect you.” He gave a cheesy little salute.

Chaeyeon giggled quietly. “If I have a heart attack in there, it’s your responsibility.”

 

 

 

“I told you not to drag me in here!!” Chaeyeon’s heart thudded quickly against her ribs as she forced herself to take steps. The overwhelming creaking and booming music plus the professionally made up Leadership people paralyzed her from head to toe. Even the decorated classrooms added to the scare factor. There were spider webs stuffed in every corner and blood was sprayed on countless windows and desks.

“Why did I even come in here?!” Sungyeol screamed from the front and was echoed by Dongwoo’s scared cries.

Hoya and Sungjong on the other hand laughed and walked calmly through the maze as if they were enjoying a tour of a museum.

Sunggyu and Woohyun were in between. They screamed shrilly at times but were laughing it off a few seconds later.

Myungsoo tried to mask his shaking hand by pulling his sleeve down and held the mini flashlight given by the staff so it shined up towards his face. “I can totally scare these people away. N-no problem.”

A girl dressed in a long, white dress ran in front of the group and flashed her pale bloody face.

Myungsoo shrieked and dropped the flashlight, thus breaking it.

“AH MYUNGSOO! WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?! That was our only source of light too!” Sungyeol complained loudly.

“Let’s just get out of here!!” Dongwoo pulled Hoya’s hand and raced past the Sungjong Sungyeol couple.

The other six ran after them to avoid being the last ones.

“AHHHHH WHAT ARE WE DOING?!!!” Chaeyeon sprinted while lifting her dress up and tried not to trip and be stuck in the hell hole alone.

“Run!!” Myungsoo pumped his arms and swiftly made it past the back door with her in tow.

“Never…phew… put me through that… huff… again.” Dongwoo lie on the grass outside of the haunted house and spread his arms and legs out as he caught his breath.

On the other hand, Sungjong was breathing normally. “What are you talking about? That was so fun!” He high-fived Hoya.

“Good thing no one went to the haunted house at the start of the party or all of our images would have been ruined.” Sunggyu delicately fixed his bangs which had been blown backwards in their run to save their lives.

The other members nodded in total agreement.

Hoya pointed towards the crowded area in the center of the school. “There’s people dancing over there! That’s what we came here for right! We HAVE to get over there.”


Sorry for the awkward end to this chapter DX

Tell me if I should keep the April Fool's chapter up in the comments below!

Please subscribe~