Chaeyeon and Key

Stuck in the Friendzone

“H-Hyuna?!!” All seven boys shrieked. OF COURSE they knew Hyuna, currently the of the school two grades below them. Hell, even the seniors wanted to get with her.

They all had to admit when they first lay eyes on her, her strikingly hot appearance did catch them off guard. But that was it. All the rumors of her cheating on her countless boyfriends and backstabbing her friends were a total turn off.

“Hey!” She waved around the room to the handsome eleventh graders and received no wave back.

Mr. Lee sensed that that they already had some sort of connection. He hoped it was a good one.

“Well now that we all kind of know each other, let’s go through some of the details. We are going to be starting this Sunday night. You have to act surprised like you’ve never seen Hyuna before in your life.” He turned towards Hyuna. “You, my dear, put up a strong-willed character so the ratings will be higher, okay?”

Hyuna crossed her arms. “I’m like that all day, every day. There won’t need to be pretending.”

He nodded. “Okay I think you said your parents want you home at six in order to have dinner right? It’s almost at that time so you should get going. My assistant will have extra papers and contracts for you to take home and sign.”

Hyuna stood up and said “bye” to everyone before exiting the room.

The seven boys started complaining the second she left the room.

“But CEO-nim! This girl is like the tiest girl at our school!” Woohyun whined. Even the fan-lover him grimaced at the sight of Hyuna.

“Yeah! She hits on all the guys and she’s a jerk to everyone!” Sungjong added.

Mr. Lee rubbed his temples. “Guys, this girl wanted very much to take the role as your younger sister in this show. She actually PAID for it. Just go along with it and you guys can stay away from her during the breaks in filming. Besides, the whole series is going to be eight episodes long. Don’t worry!”

“Well… if it’s only going to be eight episodes, I guess we can deal with that.” Sunggyu said with murmurs of agreement from the other members.

Mr. Lee mentally sighed. Thank God they didn’t know that the filming would be for a couple months.

 

 

 

As the waitress led the two to their seats, Chaeyeon couldn’t help but feel indebted to Key.

He was always there when she was down in the dumps and was honestly a really good friend. But, did he still have feelings for her?

She thought back to the time when she went with Key and his friends to the park. They made so many jokes that pointed towards him possibly having a crush on her.

Chaeyeon shook her head. *Naw… why would anyone like me? No guy ever did in my old school so nothing should change now. Besides, I have Myungsoo.*

Still, that feeling bugged her. What if it was true?

Key passed her a menu, bringing her out of her thoughts. “Let’s order and eat quickly. It’s around five o’clock right now and I know you want to buy dinner for Infinite and bring it to them during practice…” He studied his watch and mentally created a schedule for them.

“Okay we should be out of here in one hour.” He looked up smiled.

She flashed a genuine smile back at him. *Wow…he knows what I want without me even saying anything.*

Chaeyeon studied the menu for a minute before announcing what she’ll have. “I’ll have the chicken salad and an orange juice.”

The server nodded and turned to Key. “Uhh… I’ll have the cream pasta and a regular coffee.”

The server nodded once again. “Okay, I’ll have your food out in just a moment.

True to her words, the food came out extremely fast.

“This place really is the best!” Chaeyeon scooped up bite after bite of her chicken salad.

Key rolled up a huge ball of the pasta before emptying it all in his mouth. “Mmm… I totally agree with that!”

Before long they were both done with the meal and patting their full stomachs. Key quickly checked his watch again. “Oh, we’re right on time.”

Chaeyeon started digging in her backpack for her wallet but Key grabbed her hand to stop her.

“Nuh uh. No way are you paying for this meal. I’m the guy and I dragged you here so I have to.” Key told the server to give them the check and plopped a hefty 40,000 won on the plastic dish. (A/N: The thing used to collect the money that the server gives you. I seriously have noooo clue what that thing is called.)

“Are you sure?” Chaeyeon stared worriedly at the amount of money he gave to the woman.

Key shrugged his shoulders. “Don’t worry about it.”

Chaeyeon quickly hugged Key. “You’re the best. Thank you so much.”

He looked stunned for a second before squeezing her back.

“I’m paying for Infinite’s meal though, okay?” Chaeyeon whipped out her wallet so he wouldn’t even have a chance to try to pay.

Key finally agreed to her paying after five minutes of arguing.

“Let’s just get some sushi from that store over there for six of them and I’ll find some other place that sells kimchi jjigae for Myungsoo.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon and Key tried to sneak into the practice room undetected but that was impossible due to the countless mirrors around the room.

“CHAEYEONNNNNN!” All seven of them stopped in the middle of their dance routine.

She stood their sheepishly with Key standing behind her just as embarrassed. “I bought dinner for the guys if you don’t mind.”

The choreographer responded. “It’s fine. I have to go out and eat dinner anyways.”

Myungsoo grabbed Chaeyeon away for a hug and a quick kiss as the guys crowded over the table of food.

He noticed Key leaning against the wall awkwardly and sent a small but noticeable stink-eye over. “What’s he doing here?”

“Oh.” Chaeyeon hoped he didn’t take it the wrong way. “Well, he took me to that café I like after school and we ended up buying food together and bringing it over.”

Key saw Myungsoo staring at him and glared back.

“Hm… I guess it’s okay if it makes you happy if he takes you to the café but please don’t bring him up here again. Our CEO sorta hates it when people come up here. It kinda ruins the debut surprise, you know?” Myungsoo lied.

“Oh… okay. I’ll remember that next time.” Chaeyeon nibbled her lip. That sure didn’t seem right. When they walked into the Woollim building together, Mr. Lee welcomed them with open arms.

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo. I want to have a talk with you.” Key started walking over.


Sorry the chapter is a day late ;_;