FLASHBACK Pt. 2

Stuck in the Friendzone

 

STILL THREE YEARS AGO

“The answer is… no. I’m sorry Myungsoo, but I think we’ll be better off as friends.” Chaeyeon finished off with a heartwarming smile.

For once, it didn’t make him all happy and fuzzy on the inside.

“But, but... WHY?!” He spluttered and angrily smacked his hand against the bench. After all these years of seeing her kiss up to her crushes and her crushes kissing up to her while he just stood off to the side pretending to be happy for her, this happens. Just great.

Chaeyeon was extremely bothered by his reaction. She didn’t think he was in that deep. Hell, she didn’t even know he was into her until a couple minutes ago. “I’m really sorry Myungsoo but I don’t feel that way towards you.”

“You like people like Daehyun, huh? The guys that act all cool and skip classes and drive the most expensive cars.” He smiled bitterly at the ground. Why did the bad guys get all the girls?

She blushed, thinking Myungsoo must have heard her earlier conversation with Sohyun.

“I’m right aren’t I.” He turned his head towards her and gave a forced chuckle.

“Well…no…not exactly…kinda…yes?” She sheepishly answered him.

Myungsoo sighed heavily and stood up. “I’ll see you tomorrow. Let’s just forget what happened, okay?” He feigned a small smile and began to walk away.

“Wait! Aren’t you getting a ride from my mom? How are you going to get all the way home?” They didn’t live in the safest place ever and with his lack of self defense skills and the three miles back to their houses, something terrible could happen.

Myungsoo faced the long road ahead and shrugged. “I feel like some fresh air.” He began jogging quickly down the slope of the hill before she could say another word to stop him.

 

 

Myungsoo continued mentally battering himself. *Why am I not like Daehyun? Why am I not cool? Why does this happen to me? Why why why?!*

He ran and ran until his lungs felt like collapsing and his legs were screaming for a break. The three mile trip only took him around thirty minutes so he was back home before Chaeyeon got picked up by her mom.

“Oh thank goodness she’s not home yet!” He tiredly pushed his front door open and flopped onto his couch, still breathing with exhaustion.

“Umma!” He breathed. “Can I have some water?”

Mrs. Kim came hurrying with a cup of water. “What’s wrong? Why are you home so early? I didn’t hear Mrs. Choi’s car go up the driveway yet?”

Myungsoo grabbed the cup of water and gulped it down quickly. “Oh…uh… I decided not to get a ride from Chaeyeon today.”

His mom tilted her head to the side questionably. “Why? Did you get into a fight?”

“It’s quite the opposite actually, I confessed to her and she rejected me.” He tried not to sound too hurt but his mom caught every tremble in his voice.

Mrs. Kim gasped and pulled her son in for a long embrace. “Oh, sweetie, I didn’t even know you liked Chaeyeon since you’ve been close friends with her all these years!”

Myungsoo didn’t let himself cry. He had to be stronger, to be one of those people that Chaeyeon thought was “boyfriend worthy”.

“I’m fine, mom, really. This little thing won’t spoil our friendship. I really am okay.” He leaned away to show her the tearless eyes as proof before telling her he was going to start on homework upstairs.

“I hope things will be fine.” He mumbled as he ascended the steps.


This chapter is super short as well since there wasn't much else to say about what had happened three years before with Myungsoo liking Chaeyeon... sorry >.<

Is anyone else sad that Jonghyun's not going to be in the music video for "Why so serious?"? I'm going to miss him! I hope he gets better and joins SHINee again soon~!