KISS?!?!?

Stuck in the Friendzone

“Ah… that was a good movie.” Myungsoo stood up and stretched, lifting his arms way above his head. His shirt went up, revealing a bit of his sculpted abs.

Chaeyeon gulped. When did he get so fit? She was discovering a lot of new things about him today.

“Um yeah, I liked it too.” Chaeyeon nervously turned around to pick up their popcorn and soda trash. She couldn’t help feeling just a tiny bit self-conscious now that they were technically “together”.

“Alright, let’s see. Are you hungry? I know we just ate all that popcorn but Woohyun suggested this really nice crepe restaurant in the mall. Want to go?” He gave a small smile. Since he had worked out that morning before school he was still really hungry after two meals and popcorn.

Chaeyeon was feeling a bit empty in the stomach as well. “Sure.”

The couple walked out of the theater and made their way to the crepe shop following Woohyun’s directions on Myungsoo’s phone.

Of course, the one who sent him the directions and five others were coming along as well.

The stalkers had patiently kneeled down to hide while waiting for the two to exit the theater.

“I’m so surprised we lasted without them spotting us.” Sunggyu blinked. He was sure they would catch them even before they got to the mall.

Woohyun scoffed. “Oh please. My plan always works.”

The six set a distance between them and the couple before continuing forward.

“Okay, let’s choose a table that’s gives us a view of them but would be hard for them to spot us.” Woohyun looked throughout the massive food court for the perfect seat and finally chose one that was facing the crepe shop.

He picked up some abandoned newspapers on the table and handed them out to the members.

“You know what to do.” The members still watched on curiously as Woohyun poked two small holes through the newspaper.

Dongwoo cracked up when he realized what Woohyun was doing.

“Aigoo this is too much like a cheesy drama.” However he sat down and made holes in his newspaper.

 

 

 

“Hmm…” The two struggled to choose just one crepe from the many the restaurant had to offer. There were at least twenty just on the sweet side. The other half of the menu had the savory dishes which contained meatballs or sandwich-like qualities.

The cashier drummed her long, painted nails against the touch screen on the register. She kept glancing behind Myungsoo and Chaeyeon at the now forming line. It was clear she had a low patience.

Myungsoo quickly ordered an Americano inspired crepe and Chaeyeon bit her finger as she asked for a chicken Caesar crepe. The woman quickly tapped out their order and told them to wait at the side.

They received their order and sat at a table at the outside of the restaurant that mimicked one that could be seen in a picturesque Parisian scene.

“Oooh, ooooh they’re done ordering!” Sungjong squinted his eyes to try to see the couple through the small holes in his newspaper.

“Whoa… yours looks really good, Myungsoo!” Chaeyeon stared with a drooling mouth at his plate. The Americano and chocolate added to the batter made the crepe a dark brown. Various fruits and coffee-infused whip cream were put inside. A mocha chocolate syrup was drizzled and powdered sugar was sprinkled at the top.

Myungsoo smiled at her cuteness and cut a mouthful out and balanced it on his fork. “Here, I’ll feed you. Say ‘ah’!”

Chaeyeon gulped. *I’m totally going to ruin this moment.* She leaned forward and took the fork in . The crepe easily fell into and she chewed with relief on the bittersweet dessert.

The Infinite members gasped in shock. Myungsoo? Doing such a cheesy move?

“Thanks. Wow it really is good!” Chaeyeon savored the last bits of the crepe in before cutting a bit of her salad-like crepe for Myungsoo to try. She thought the bit of food was going to slip off her fork from her nervous, shaking fingers but THANK GOD they didn’t.

”I have to get the savory ones next time.” Myungsoo spoke through the mouthful of chicken and crepe.

Chaeyeon grinned like kid. “There’s going to be a next time?!”

Myungsoo blinked. “Of course. I won’t do a one date thing and be over with you.”

The happiness that surged through Chaeyeon was almost too much to manage.

They quickly finished their meal and decided to hang out around the mall.

“My stomach…” Woohyun spoke quietly as he heard his stomach growl. They stared at the couple for thirty minutes as they ate the delicious looking crepes without any for themselves to eat.

“Seriously.” Sungjong clutched his stomach and willed it to stop being so loud.

“Oh my gosh, those shoes just looking so cute!” Chaeyeon raced into a boutique with Myungsoo in tow.

“Here we go again.” Sunggyu led the group to the side of the shop where they could look through the glass to see what was going on inside.

Chaeyeon went around the rows and rows of shoes continuously saying “oooh!” and “oh my gosh!” and “those are just too perfect!”. By the time she finished her rounds, there were at least twelve boxes of shoes brought by the poor salesman lying on the floor.

“Thank you very much.” Chaeyeon bowed to him and sat on the chairs to begin testing the array of shoes.

Myungsoo sat patiently and helped her with the laces and complimented her when she strutted about.

In the end, there were three pairs out of the twelve that were “to die for”. Myungsoo offered to purchase all three for her to Chaeyeon’s surprise.

“But… but it’s so expensive!” She stammered as the numbers added up in her head. It was at least 200,000 won.

“Don’t worry.” Myungsoo smiled cheerfully as he whipped out his credit card and held it out to the cashier with no regrets at all.

The cashier stared with utter envy at how nicely the boyfriend treated his girlfriend.

“Waaaaah did Myungsoo just buy all those shoes for her?” Dongwoo pressed his hands against the glass to see what was happening at the back of the store where the registers were.

“I’ve never seen him be this nice, especially to a girl!” Sungyeol gazed with a tiny bit of jealousy at the couple. Myungsoo hardly ever purchased an Americano for him at the coffee shop. Hmph!

Chaeyeon rushed out of the store and almost jumped up and down of giddiness. She had really underestimated Myungsoo when it came to dating.

He stuffed the receipt in his pocket and decided to worry about the money later and grabbed Chaeyeon’s hand so suddenly that she almost gasped.

“Am I the best boyfriend ever or what?” He swung their arms playfully and took the bag of shoes from her so she didn’t have to carry the weight around.

“Yes.” Chaeyeon embraced him in a sweet, long hug and placed her lips on his cheek for a short millisecond before pulling away, blushing. She lied and said she had to use the bathroom before getting redder than a tomato.

Myungsoo’s mouth was stuck in a gasp and he gingerly touched the spot where she kissed him. Even though it was only a tiny peck it still meant a lot.

“Oh my gosh, did Chaeyeon just kiss Myungsoo?!” Sunggyu suddenly stopped and stared with the biggest eyes he could muster in the direction of the couple.

The other members instantly halted their stalkerish walking and glanced at the now frozen Myungsoo and the running away Chaeyeon.

“Where?! What?! How?! WHY DID I MISS IT?!!!” The frantic chorus of the member’s voices reverberated through the closed in mall.

Oh, and the sound waves happened to hit Myungsoo too. 


I hope you guys are liking this story!