Failing Relationship?

Stuck in the Friendzone

ONE MONTH LATER

“Are you serious?” Chaeyeon tried for the third time this week to see if Myungsoo was free to just go out and watch a movie or do Christmas shopping but again it was a “no”.

“Yeah, I’m so sorry Chaeyeon but our CEO is having us practice ten hours each day from right after school to two in the morning. I really wish I could take you out on a date but I just can’t right now.”

This rigorous practicing started just a week after their first date when Infinite’s CEO finished preparations for their debut track “Come Back Again” and had hired stylists, managers, choreographers, and all the other people that assist in the making of a new group.

The seven guys were all pumped up to start their first practice sessions but they soon dreaded the long hours of continuous singing and dancing. They each lost a bunch of weight and their grades were slowly slipping as well.

Even the great, smart nerd Myungsoo was getting Bs on a regular basis.

Now, when Chaeyeon stood before them, she didn’t see the bright, joking group of guys. They were completely different.

They all shared zombie-like features. Dark circles under their eyes with pale skin. Their cheeks were caving inwards and you could start to feel their ribs when you hugged them.

Even their fangirls had quieted down and given the boys some time to rest during school by not crowding around them or trying to sneak an autograph or a picture.

Infinite only had around six months left before they debut on June 11th.

 

 

 

“I’m really sorry.” Myungsoo repeated himself before turning quickly away to catch up with the rest of the guys who were taking the bus to the company building.

Chaeyeon frowned slightly and gave a half-hearted “Bye.”

“How’s it going?” Key appeared quietly next to her as she sat down on a bench with a sigh. He knew that Chaeyeon was incredibly sad over the fact she and her boyfriend didn’t even go out on dates anymore, but he was happy since it meant he could spend time with her.

“Not that good. Myungsoo’s too busy for me now.” She managed a small smile before looking down at the ground again.  

Key thought for a minute before speaking. “Hey, let me take you to that café you like down the street. Let’s cheer you up a bit.”

Chaeyeon nodded, this time with the first genuine smile in ages.

 

 

 

“You’re late AGAIN?!” Their CEO yelled.

The seven guys grimaced and bowed their heads. The man they thought was nice turned into the strictest, scariest person once they started practice.

They just had to be two minutes late for practice in order to set him off.

Mr. Lee rubbed his temples to calm down. “Fine, fine. Just hurry up and change into more comfortable clothes and be ready to practice in ten minutes.”

They stumbled over each other to get out of the office.

“Jeez… I never thought our CEO would be like this when we first agreed to become trainees.” Sunggyu whispered as they walked to the bathrooms.

They all nodded solemnly.

Within thirty minutes of powerful dance moves and strong vocals, the seven were dripping sweat. Woohyun and Hoya, the two most confident of their body had even stripped their wife beaters.

Their choreographer called for a break. Before the guys could even begin to wet towels and wipe their sweat, Mr. Lee ordered them in for a meeting.

“Good practice guys?” Mr. Lee gave them a smile.

Infinite nodded warily. This cheery tone was a bit suspicious.

“I have good news! Since you guys are going to be debuting in six short months, we’re going to have to somehow promote you. That way, you’ll have a solid fan base by the time you debut. I have found the perfect opportunity for you to star in a reality show.”

The guys shared the same wide-eyed, gasping mouth expressions. “Wow really?!”

“Yes.  I’ve read on your profiles that none of you have younger sisters right? Well, we’re going to have you experience the life with a little sister!”

“Uhh…how does that work?” Woohyun asked.

“Well a younger girl is going to be living with you in your dorm and cameramen will be filming your interactions. To make it a little less awkward, we actually found someone from your school to be the younger sister.”

Once again, the members shared shocked faces. They all began sorting through the popular, younger girls at their school and hoped that it would be them.

“Oh here she comes, say hi guys!” Mr. Lee welcomed the girl.

Hyuna Kim stepped in the room with a devilish smile pointed straight at Myungsoo.


FINALLY BACK. DAMN YOU SUMMER SCHOOL. Well here comes Hyuna XD