Caught!

Stuck in the Friendzone

Myungsoo stopped thinking of Chaeyeon for a second. The voices of the hooded people he saw before just sounded… familiar to him.

He slowly turned around going through a list of people whose voices sound like that in his mind.

The names that came up were the Infinite members. Myungsoo looked up with burning eyes and clenched teeth.

He stalked over to his friends and grasped Sunggyu’s shirt before they could even say or do anything.

“DID YOU FOLLOW US?! THIS WHOLE TIME?!” He vigorously shook Sunggyu.

Sunggyu looked up pouting. “It was Woohyun’s idea! The rest of us just went along with it. I swear!”

Myungsoo pushed his hyung to the side and made his way over to Woohyun who was desperately trying to hide behind Hoya and Dongwoo.

The two covering the criminal quickly moved out of the way when the flame eyed Myungsoo approached them. Woohyun sent quick glares towards the two before whimpering at the sight of his angry friend.

“I’m going to make this quick before Chaeyeon comes back from the bathroom. You guys are to get out of this mall and out of our DATE right when I am done talking to you, understand?” His demands caused all six members to nod right away.

“And, you are not to let Chaeyeon know that you guys followed us. I promised her you doofs won’t be here.” The members nodded again.

”Now go.” As soon as Myungsoo dispatched them, they quickly spotted the nearest exit and got the hell out of there.

He shook his head in disbelief, all anger gone, as he watched his friends stumble towards the exit.

“Whatcha staring at?” Chaeyeon bounced up next to him.

“Oh just the fountain at the entrance. I can’t believe I’m saying this but shall we go shopping?” He held out his hand and Chaeyeon smiled and intertwined their fingers.

“Oooh look at those shoes!” Chaeyeon said after walking ten steps. She let go of Myungsoo’s hand and dashed in to the store.

Myungsoo groaned slightly and rolled his eyes. This was going to be worse than shopping with his mom but since it was Chaeyeon, he HAD to be patient and go with her to every store.

By the time he walked into the store, she already had five pairs of shoes in her arms and was asking a salesman for more sizes. He slumped down in the seat opposite of Chaeyeon as she stuck her foot into one of the heels.

“What do you think?” She stuck out her foot for him to see. He shook his hand in the air to signal it was so-so.

She pouted a little before taking it off and trying on another pair. These ones were wedges and that looked soooo tall, Myungsoo was sure she was going to trip and break something once she put them on.

“Umm is that safe?” Myungsoo stood up and readied himself to catch her if she falled.

Chaeyeon wobbled a little on one foot and tried to balance herself. “I think?”

“Okay that’s enough of that.” Myungsoo made her sit down again to prevent the injury that was sure to come.

After trying on at least like 10 more pairs, Chaeyeon fell in love with a pair of leather lace up boots that had a bit of a heel. That love instantly faltered when she checked the price tag. “100,000 won?!” She closed her eyes and looked at the tag again to see if she was just hallucinating but nope, they were really that expensive.

“Come on. What are you waiting for?” He gestured to the registers. “The line is getting longer, hurry up.”

“I’m not buying these though. They’re too expensive.” She sadly placed the shoes back into the box and was about to put it back on the shelf before Myungsoo suddenly stopped her.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“What are YOU doing? I never said you were the one that was paying now come on and give me the shoes.” He grinned and took the box from the surprised Chaeyeon.

“But…but…but its too expensive!!” Chaeyeon was still gaping at the fact someone would actually do that for her.

“Don’t worry about it, I should buy things for you since I’m your boyfriend, right?”

Chaeyeon watched guiltily as Myungsoo swiped his debit card.

“Here you go.” Myungsoo handed the precious shoes to Chaeyeon and before she took the bag, she gave him the tightest hug ever and said “thank you so much!” a least fifty times.

Myungsoo hugged her back just as tightly and sighed with relief. He seemed to be doing this dating thing quite well.


I seriously wince at how short this chapter is. I'M SORRRRRRY. The next chapter is going to be longer. I promise.