Chapter 32

Stuck in the Friendzone

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo. I want to have a talk with you.” Key made his way to the couple.

The whole room fell silent at his sudden exclamation.

He looked around the room with narrowed eyes at the staring Infinite members.

He gripped Myungsoo’s forearm and yanked him out of the room.

Key pushed him fiercely against the wall. “What kind of a boyfriend are you?!”

Myungsoo rubbed his aching shoulder. “What do you mean?”

Key threw his hands up in exasperation. “I mean you abandon Chaeyeon every day after school and even on the weekends you have no time for her. As one of her closest friends, it pains me to have to see her smile disappear each day!”

Myungsoo smacked the wall angrily. “It’s not like I have a choice! Our debut is in June so our CEO is having us work our butts off in order to perfect every aspect of our song. I do realize I’m leaving Chaeyeon behind but again IT’S NOT LIKE I HAVE A CHOICE.”

Key crossed his arms. “Then I guess you don’t deserve to have her as a girlfriend.”

“Now what kind of nonsense are you spewing.” Myungsoo narrowed his eyes.

Key ignored him and headed back into the room where all the guys had stopped chewing and looking for food to try to eavesdrop on the heated conversation going on outside. When they noticed Key coming back inside, they automatically lunged for the sushi once again and pretended like nothing happened.

Chaeyeon stood off in the corner, still confused about what just happened.

Key gently took her hand and led her back to the entrance of the building. “Let’s go.”

Chaeyeon put her head down and obediently followed. *This will be the test if Myungsoo still wants to be with me. If he follows me and tells me to go back in, he does and if he doesn’t then I guess he doesn’t like me after all.*

They passed by Myungsoo who was still outside the room and her heart leaped to see him stretch out a hand as if to stop them.

But, his hand faltered and stopped completely before slowly going back to his side.

Chaeyeon’s heart fell instantly. She bit her lip so she wouldn’t break out in tears in front of everybody.

Myungsoo shut his eyes tightly. He couldn’t believe this was happening. He would have chased after her but the clock told him their break was almost over. Mr. Lee would be furious if he left now and too much was riding on this debut.

 

 

 

Once they left the building, Chaeyeon couldn’t hold it in any longer. The tears rushed down her face.

Key noticed immediately and pulled her in for a tight hug. “It’s going to be fine… don’t worry about that jerk.”

She sobbed even more when she heard the word “jerk”. It was unreal. This whole situation was unreal.

Key gazed up at the snowing sky and tried to cover Chaeyeon as much as possible with his body during their hug so the little flakes won’t fall on her.

“N-now what d-do I do?!” Chaeyeon’s voice shook as she spoke.

Key shushed her and told her not to think about it.  He moved him to the sidewalk and called a taxi.

 

 

 

Myungsoo watched this whole scene from the window of their practice building. It pained him to see Chaeyeon cry and pained him even more to see Key comforting her in that intimate hug.

He had to look away before he started crying too.

The CEO walked in clapping his hands with authority.

“Hey guys! I haven’t heard music yet. According to the clock, you guys are five minutes late! Hop to it.”

The seven guys grumbled as they finished their last bit of sushi and washed it down with gulps of Vitamin Water.

Myungsoo shot death glares to the CEO’s back as he got into position for the next dance routine.

Sungyeol patted his back knowingly and the other guys sent sympathetic looks towards him.

 But he didn’t want those looks of pity. He wanted Chaeyeon.


A bit on the short side... and I think I'm just going to put "Chapter 1" as the titles now cause I lack the creativity to make a new title each time I write a chapter lol.