Last Day at Gangnam High

Stuck in the Friendzone

 

“Aish..” Chaeyeon muttered under her breath as she saw her best guy friend get bullied once again. This time, Myungsoo was shoved into the nearby lockers with a loud BANG. A cacophony of laughter could be heard around her.

Sohyun noticed her best friend was no longer listening to the stories she had to tell of her date with her boyfriend, Sunggyu.

“YAH! What are you looking at?” Sohyun looked over at the poor little nerd slouched against the lockers with his glasses lopsided across his face. He couldn’t be the thing her best friend was staring at, right?

Chaeyeon shook her head to clear her thoughts. “I’m sorry, what?”

Sohyun rolled her eyes. “Never mind. I’ll just tell you about my date later at lunch, the bell’s going to ring in like thirty seconds! I can’t be late to class on the last day of school!”

Unaware of the annoyance on her friend’s face, Chaeyeon headed to her first class.

“Wait!” She turned around to have Myungsoo almost run into her. “Annyeong!”

“AH! You scared me to death!” Chaeyeon complained. She fumbled with several hairs that came loose during the brief shock. “Yah, I told you to not talk to me during school. You might make my reputation even lower than it is now.”

“Well, I’m sorry,” scoffed Myungsoo. “I take that you don’t love me and adore me as the best friend you’ve ever had?”

Blinking innocently and pouting slightly, Chaeyeon said, “Nooo… You know me. I take popularity and other crap like that very seriously. Having Sohyun as a friend these two years was a miracle since she used to hang out with that popular Eunmi. Anyways, after today, I’m done with this school.”

“Oh yeah, we’re transferring to Seoul Performing Arts High School next year… I completely forgot! It’s not like I have anybody to say ‘bye’ to here anyways.” muttered Myungsoo.

The two friends walked silently down the nearly empty hallways before reaching Room 2-1. Sadness washed over them like a wave to think this was their last time going to this class.

Without a word, the pair walked in.

The day passed by and Chaeyeon and Myungsoo avoided each other as they usually did so the other students wouldn’t notice them together.

After bidding farewell to the group of friends Chaeyeon has made during the two years at Gangnam High, she strode over to the beat up Hyundai car and turned up the volume to Big Bang’s song, “Tonight”, as she waited for Myungsoo.

He finally made his war to the car after the halls cleared and dumped his textbooks, band instruments, and teacher parting gifts in the trunk. He was always the more popular one with the teachers.

“How was your day?” Myungsoo asked as he lowered his body into the car.

Chaeyeon put the car into reverse and backed out into the line of cars. “Fine. Actually it was more boring than I expected the day would go. How about you?”

Myungsoo leaned his head against the window with his hood up over his eyes. “I had a fairly good day today seeing as I only got tortured twice by that bastard Daejung. I bet I didn’t even get a bruise today!” He finished his remark with a smirk.

Chaeyeon huffed a sigh. She hated seeing her best friend getting beat up like this every day at school. A guilty feeling pulled at her heart, knowing that she should do something to help her friend. *Anything*, she thought, as a wonderful idea struck her mind.

 


 

Kind of a short first chapter and it's a bit boring.... SORRY >.<" 

I hope you'll still stay tuned for the later chapters! And I'll repeat, this is my very FIRST time writing a fanfiction so it's not going to be as awesome as some of the others. 

PS. I made an edit on this first chapter since I realized I put Sunggyu as Sohyun's boyfriend. How dumb of me lol. My Sunggyu feels are acting up. And the song that she was listening to in the car I changed from "Sherlock" to Big Bang's "Tonight" since I hadn't really planned to add Shinee to the story. i'm making so many mistakes ;__;