First Impression.

Banana Caramel

 

Lizzy’s POV:

“Come in!”

 

Slowly opening the door, I peeked and saw Ms. Kim typing on her iPhone while blushing. She seems not to notice that I’m already in front of her desk since she’s still giggling on her iPhone. I fake a cough and almost laugh at her reaction knowing that her student just saw the teacher doing.

 

“Why you didn’t told me you’re already in.” Ms. Kim asked trying to kill the awkwardness of being caught blushing.

 

“I did ma’am! But you’re too busy with your iPhone to notice.” If you don’t know, one of my characters is being straightforward which gets me into trouble sometimes.

 

Ms. Kim tucked her bangs behind her ear and look at me with stern face. “I’m going to tell something to you Lizzy but first, why did you bunked my class? I saw you after my class going to your next subject” I took a seat in front of the desk before answering.

 

“I saw someone who passed out while I’m on my way this morning ma’am, I just can’t leave the freshman unconscious.”

 

Ms. Kim nodded while listening to my reason. “Okay since your reason is acceptable I will let you today, but as I said earlier I’m assigning you to be the tutor/guide of one of the new transferee here since she’s at the same age as you, and seeing your academic performance I guess you’re the best choice.” 

 

Biting my inner cheeks, I just can’t do anything but nod since I can’t say no to my favorite teacher. “When am I going to meet her ma’am?”

 

 “I called her already so I guess in few minutes she’ll be here.”

 

After that we heard the door opened so we look at the third person in the room. “Oh you’re here! Take a seat Kaeun.”

 

My eyes grew wider since the freshman that I’m going to tutor is the one who seems to be the coldest person I’ve ever met. Without blinking I watch her taking the seat in front of me and take a notice of her cute smile to Ms. Kim. So she knows how to smile after all.

 

 “I’m sorry I’m late Ms. Kim. I had to search for the faculty room since I lost my map this morning.”

 

 “It’s okay Kaeun, like I said after lunch I’ll introduce you your tutor/guide for this month until you’re familiarize about our school and facilities. Park Sooyoung, she’s one of my students from section A. She’s an accelerated student so she has the same age as you. Sooyoung, this is Kaeun, the freshman that you’ll be guiding for whole month.”

 

 I just keep on nodding since this will be the second time I’m going to guide a freshman so it’s not difficult tasks at all. The hardest part is how to guide someone as cold as her.

 

**

 

“Jung ah, you didn’t reply my messages!” I heard Ms. Park whined to Ms. Kim while entering the room, after me and Kaeun got outside after the meeting.

 

Oh! That’s why she’s blushing madly while typing on her iPhone earlier. I smirked when I remember Ms. Kim’s face being caught then I heard someone fakes a cough.

 

“Is it your hobby to smile like an idiot?”  I’ve heard the girl beside me said.

 

This girl is really getting on my nerves!! I was about to answer her question when her phone rings and turned her back on me to pick it up. Aish! I shouldn’t be helpful with strangers next time!!

 

 While complaining of being heroine inside of me I heard some words from her since she’s just standing on my side.

 

“I’ll be home later, don’t worry about me.”

 

I know it’s wrong to eardrops but duuuh like I said she’s just standing beside me.

 

“I’m okay, I need to hang up now. See you later, I love you.”

 

Sweet. When she turns her attention back to me, she glanced at her wrist watch before asking “Uhm, how should I call you btw? Ms. Kim said we’re both 20 so I don’t need to call you unnie I guess.“ I nodded since she’s right. I just wish my first impression towards her will change before this day end.

 

“Just call me Lizzy.”

 

 “I thought your name is Sooyoung?”

 

“Yes but only teachers are calling me that way.”

 

“Okay then, I’m Lee Kaeun.” She reach out her hand with small smile on her face, I guess she’s not that bad. I shook her hand gently while smiling back at her.

 

“Thank you for bringing me to clinic this morning and I’m sorry for my rude behavior.” As I thought she forgot already that she’s the reason why I missed my first class, I guess my thoughts about her were all wrong. I smile wider when she said that.

 

 “It’s nothing really, so I guess we should start your tour in the campus first and continue on monday.”

 

She nodded and we started at the music room.

 

**

 

Before it strikes 5pm we already finished at our department, I learned that both of us are taking music and majoring at singing. She has sister that majoring at dancing, also at the same level as mine.

 

“I guess that’s for today Kaeun, it’s so nice to be your guide and tutor. I’ll see you again next week.” She smiles and kissed my cheek that shocked me.

 

 “Thank you so much, I had so much fun with you. See you again next week Lizzy.” She bowed before leaving.

 

 I just rub my cheek since it’s not usual for me to be kissed by other. Heck, I don’t even let my cousin or Raina and Bekah kissed me.