Awkward Table.

Banana Caramel

 

 

It’s been three weeks already and today is the day when Eyoung will play piano for Taeyeon’s first stage appearance after she posted her covers in YouTube.

 

 

Eyoung is preparing her things when she noticed her girlfriend’s behavior.

 

 

“I noticed that everytime we’re practicing until now you’re always staring at Taeyeon unnie.” Eyoung whispered to Kaeun, who’s been staring at Taeyeon every time Kaeun sees the singer, before continuing. “Should I be jealous?” Eyoung added as she raised her left eyebrow.

 

 

Kaeun shook her head and hugged the left arm of Eyoung. “Don’t be ridiculous. It’s just, I’m sure I already saw Taeyeon unnie before. I just forgot where.” She said while eyeing Taeyeon preparing the mic on stage.

 

 

The couple is now at the bar since today is the first live performance for Taeyeon.

 

 

Eyoung looked at Kaeun and pouted. “Really?”

 

 

Kaeun stared at Eyoung for a while before giving a quick peck on Eyoung’s pouted lips. “Of course, I only have eyes for you.” she said with a smile.

 

 

Eyoung felt her face heated up when she heard Taeyeon’s voice.

 

 

“Eyoung, come here and help me to tune everything!”

 

 

“Okay unnie!” Eyoung said before turning her head to Kaeun. “I’ll see you after. You should call Seohyun unnie again.” She said before turning her back on Kaeun to go to Taeyeon when a hand stopped her from going anywhere.

 

 

Eyoung looked back and saw Kaeun holding her wrist. “What?”

 

 

Kaeun smiled and pulled her closer to give a tight hug.

 

 

“Good luck baby. I love you.” Kaeun whispered.

 

 

Eyoung’s lips curved upward and as she hugged back the latter; right at that moment, she can’t help but to think how lucky she is to have Kaeun as her girlfriend.

 

 

“You’re so, cheesy.” Eyoung whispered back. “I love you more.”

 

 

**

 

 

Lizzy was sitting at the café while texting on her phone when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

 

 

“I’m done, let’s go!” a girl said.

 

 

Lizzy looked up and smiled at the girl. “I’m glad you have time today Uie unnie.” She stood up and lead Uie on their way outside.

 

 

Uie smiled while heading at the door of the café with Lizzy . “I also missed going to that bar, so I made myself free today. I researched about your friend as well and I love her voice. I want to meet her before she becomes international singer.” She said.

 

 

Lizzy nodded. “I agree, I’ll be the luckiest fan since I’m a friend of Taeyeon unnie if she becomes famous.”

 

 

“Welcome to Park’s café!” Sunny greeted the new customer.

 

 

Lizzy turned to Sunny before they leave the café.

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to come with us Sunny unnie?” she asked since Sunny already met Taeyeon and Taeyeon will be glad to see her friends at the audience.

 

 

Sunny smiled and shook her head a bit. “I’d love to but I have work. Just wish her good luck for me.”

 

 

“You know that I can always excuse you with mom.” Lizzy said hoping she could convince Sunny.

 

 

Sunny laughed and messed Lizzy’s hair. “You’re such a kid, that’s so unprofessional of me if I used you. Now, you should go now and don’t let Uie wait for you. You might be late as well. Eyoungie baby will hate you.”

 

 

Lizzy just nodded and gave Sunny a quick hug. She treated Sunny as her older sister than a worker of their café. “I’ll take a fan cam for you unnie.” she said before running back to Uie and got in her car.

 

 

**

 

 

Nana placed her phone back to her hand-bag before turning to Yuri; who’s driving. “Turn to the right and when you see the sign –“

 

 

“I knew the location already.” Yuri said while driving and giving a reassuring smile through the rear-view mirror.

 

 

“Oh.” Nana just said as she leaned her back and looked at Jooyeon. “Jupal unnie said that both of you never had been in that bar.”

 

 

Jooyeon looked at Yuri and nodded. “Yes, as I remember we’ve never been there before.”

 

 

“Remember Sooyoung’s girlfriend who suddenly disappeared that made her bitter with sweet couple around her?” Yuri asked Jooyeon which made Nana out of place.

 

 

Jooyeon nodded and waited for Yuri to finish her story.

 

 

“Well, she’s back and Tiffany is the owner of that bar.”

 

 

Jooyeon was amazed then laughed. “Wow, that’s maybe the reason why Sooyoung stopped doing something whenever you’re being cheesy.”

 

 

Yuri nodded. “Seriously, I kept on telling her to find another since I never thought Tiffany has a plan of coming back to her.”

 

 

They finally arrived at the bar and found a place to park Yuri’s car.

 

 

“So, why did Tiffany disappear all of a sudden by the way?”

 

 

“Family problem.” Yuri just said and turned off the engine of the car.

 

 

“Okay, enough nosy couple. Kaeun might be mad now for waiting because she’s more nervous than her girlfriend.” Nana said that made the couple stop from talking.

 

 

Nana got out of the car first and headed towards the entrance when she saw a couple going inside the bar.

 

 

“Seohyun unnie!” Nana shouted after recognizing her childhood friend.

 

 

Seohyun stopped walking and turned to face the girl who called her. “Oh, Nana.” She said after they hugged each other.

 

 

“It’s been a while since I see you.” Nana said while waving at the girl beside Seohyun. “and I never expect you to see here.”

 

 

Seohyun nodded and smile. “Eyoung invited me to watch her and Yoona happen to be a fan of Taeyeon.”

 

 

“Everyone is a fan of her since she has amazing voice.” Yoona said.

 

 

Jooyeon and Yuri finally got out of the car and approached the trio hand in hand.

 

 

“Hi Seohyun.” Jooyeon greeted their childhood friend. “Who’s that chick beside you?” she asked which earn a slightly nudge on the girl beside her. When she looked at her side, she saw a sulking Yuri which made her giggle.

 

 

Seohyun on the other hand intertwined her hand on Yoona’s hand and lift it up. “She’s my girlfriend unnie, Yoona.” She said while Yoona is nodding with a smug smile.

 

 

Jooyeon was shocked for a bit before she did the same gesture with Yuri. “She’s my girlfriend as well, Yuri is her name.”

 

 

Nana was just staring at the four girls and rolled her eyes. ”Let’s just get inside.” She said before heading at the entrance when Seohyun asked her.

 

 

“Where’s Jessica unnie?”

 

 

“Oh there she is!” Yoona suddenly blurted when she spotted Jessica with young girl, who looked like her, talking outside Jessica’s car.

 

 

Nana was frozen on her spot after she heard Yoona’s words. Jooyeon on the other hand looked at Nana immediately, worried.

 

 

“I need to pee, Nana come with me.” Jooyeon said and dragged Nana inside leaving Yuri with Seohyun and Yoona.

 

 

“My girlfriend left me.” Yuri just said. “I guess I’ll just need to look for a table inside. I’ll see you in a bit girls.”

 

 

Yoona and  Seohyun just nodded before the latter turn to Jessica.

 

 

“Jessica unnie!” she said when Jessica and the young girl walked towards the entrance.

 

 

Jessica looked at the direction of the voice that called her and smiled. “Oh, hi Seohyun and Yoona.”

 

 

The three girls exchange a quick hug.

 

 

“It’s been a while.” Jessica said while the four of them are heading inside the bar.

 

 

“I know unnie, the last time we see each other was when you had a date with Nana before you go to US.”

 

 

Jessica only smiled at Seohyun after the latter made her remember her most stupid decision.

 

 

There’s more people in the bar than the usual so it’ll be hard for them to get an empty table, but since Kaeun reserved spaces for Seohyun, she doesn’t have to worry about that.

 

 

“Unnie, who’s that girl with you?” Yoona asked Jessica while Seohyun is looking for Kaeun.

 

 

Jessica turned to Krystal then to Yoona. “She’s Krystal, my sister. I’m here just because of her. She’s a fan of Taengoo.”

 

 

“Taengoo?” Krystal and Yoona asked at the same time.
 

 

Jessica mentally slapped herself for calling Taeyeon on her nick name. Now she has to explain herself because of the two pairs of eyes staring intensely at her.

 

 

“I already saw Kaeun now. Jessica unnie, you and your sister can join us.” Seohyun broke the intense conversation which make Jessica thanked her.

 

 

“Thank you.” Jessica whispered to Seohyun while they’re walking toward Kaeun’s table. “but what Kaeun is doing here?” she asked.

 

 

Seohyun looked at Jessica weirdly. “Kaeun’s girlfriend is Eyoung, and I was about to ask. Why aren’t you with Nana? I saw her before you”

 

 

“Nana is here?” Jessica asked completely shock.

 

 

“Seohyun unnie!” Kaeun cried which made them stop talking.

 

 

“Don’t you think we’re sisters?” Yoona asked Krystal while the latter is looking at Kaeun who’s talking to Seohyun.

 

 

**

 

 

Lizzy just got out of her car followed by Uie. The two girls are now heading to the entrance when Lizzy suddenly feels the call of nature.

 

 

“Eh, Uie unnie. I need to use the restroom. You can go inside if you want.” Lizzy said while rubbing her thighs together.

 

 

Uie growled at the sight and pushed Lizzy inside. “I’ll just go with you.”

 

 

Lizzy pushed the door and stopped which made Uie bumped on her back.

 

 

“Hey what’s wrong? I thought you –“ Uie was not able to finish her words when her eyes landed on a brunette with a blonde inside.

 

 

Nana and Jooyeon turned their heads at the door and were equally surprised to see Lizzy and Uie.

 

 

“Lizzy.”

“Uie.”

 

 

Nana and Jooyeon whispered at the same time.

 

 

Lizzy smiled at Nana a bit and ran to the vacant cubicle while Jooyeon and Uie’s eyes are still having staring competition.

 

 

 

 

Nana nudged Jooyeon’s side and the latter pulled an awkward smile.

 

 

“Hey.” She said to Uie.

 

 

Uie slowly smiled at Jooyeon. “Hi. I never expect you to see here.”

 

 

“Oh yeah, my sister’s girlfriend will perform along with Taeyeon tonight so it’s a must watch for me. What about you?” Jooyeon said.

 

 

“I’m a regular customer here before I got busy and Lizzy invited me to watch her cousin. I’m guessing that your sister’s girlfriend is Lizzy’s cousin.”

 

 

Jooyeon nodded without taking her eyes to Uie. “Yeah, you guess it right.” She said. “I never thought that you’re close with that hyper girl.”

 

 

Uie laughed at the name that Jooyeon gave to Lizzy. “It’s a long story how we met.” She said then took a glance to Nana before looking back at Jooyeon. “I don’t think one night is enough.”

 

 

Nana just watched the two talking when she saw on the corner of her eye Lizzy got out of one of the cubicle.

 

 

Lizzy turned the tap on to wash her hands while watching Jooyeon and Uie in the corner of her eyes. She’s drying then wiped her hands with tissue before turning to Uie.

 

 

“Let’s go unnie, Eyoung must be anxious if she doesn’t see me before she goes on stage.” She said while walking pass through Nana and Jooyeon.

 

 

“Alright.” Uie said before turning to Jooyeon. “I guess I’ll see you around the bar.” She said then winked before following Lizzy.

 

 

“Are you okay?” Nana asked Jooyeon when Lizzy and Uie left.

 

 

**

 

 

On one table of the bar, there are ten girls sitting. All of the audience is anticipated for the start of tonight’s main performance, except for the six girls who’s having a tension because of their situation.

 

 

This is awkward. Nana said to herself.

 

 

Nana was sitting on a big round table; Kaeun on her right side while Jooyeon is on the left. She can feel the tension between Jessica and Lizzy by just looking on their faces. She held Kaeun’s hand to calm; her sister still hating on Jessica even after she told her about their break up.

 

 

On the same table of Nana, you will only see four girls enjoying the show; completely oblivious of the situation.

 

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado here’s Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany announced followed by a loud applause from the audience. Everything went black except for the spot light on the middle of the stage showing a girl wearing a black dress with her blonde hair was tied in a ponytail.

 

Kaeun noticed Jessica’s expressions after Taeyeon was revealed.

 

 

Kaeun was walking with Nana outside the mall when Nana stopped from walking which made her bumped on her siter’s back. “Aish why did you stop unnie?!”

 

 

Nana didn’t answer Kaeun’s whine and kept staring at the two girls across the street. Wondering what’s with the view Kaeun looked at the other side of ther road, there are two girls kissing. As she observed the two girls, she can tell that the two girls are crying.

 

 

“Unnie, don’t get jealous of those two. You always have Jessica unnie to do that scene with her.” She teased Nana but to her surprise, a tear flowed on Nana’s cheek followed by another one.

 

 

Kaeun got startled and wiped Nana’s face. Nana was still standing while staring at the couple across the street, not bothering to wipe her own tears. Just when Kaeun turned to check the two girls again, she was equally shocked to see Jessica with other girl.

 

 

Jessica was kissing a girl, and that girl is not Nana.

 

 

It hits her. Taeyeon was the girl that Jessica kissing that afternoon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**

Round table's arrangement. Nana-Jooyeon-Yuri-Krystal-Jessica-Seohyun-Yoona-Uie-Lizzy-Kaeun.

 

**

Confused of YoonHyun and SooFany couple?

I already mentioned them on the previous chapters so yea. :))

Anyway, welcome new subscribers.

Thanks for the comments readers.

I love you all but I love Jessica and Nana more. XD

 

 

-B