Still.

Banana Caramel

 

 

Nana was panting when she finally reached Lizzy. Wiping some sweats which starting to form on her forehead, she smiled awkwardly to the brunette in front of her who seemed forgot how to breathe.

 

“H-hi.” The blonde said after taking a deep breath.

 

Bekah nudged Lizzy who suddenly turned into stone while watching the blonde running. Raina on the other hand is staring at Nana.

 

After receiving a nudge on her side, Lizzy startled and bow at the blonde. “H-hi.”

 

Nana was taken aback on Lizzy’s action but she shrugged it off. “Eugh. Do you have time today? Just want to say something.”

 

“You can say it here now.” Raina said which made her girlfriend surprise and Nana looked at her.

 

Bekah pulled Raina’s arm closer to her then whisper. “What are you doing? Let them talk.”

 

“I’m hoping we could talk more privately.” Nana said while smiling but deep inside she’s nervous and scared that Lizzy will reject her request plus Raina’s attitude towards her is not helping.

 

“Uhm.” Lizzy looked at her best friends; Bekah is just smiling at her while slightly nodding while Raina is showing a “No” signal on her face

 

She sighed and turned to Nana.

 

**

 

Kaeun and Eyoung were walking hand in hand silently heading to the super market, their last subject just finished and they decided to test Eyoung’s cooking skills for the rest of the day since they don’t have homework.

 

“How’s Lizzy unnie?” Kaeun started.

 

Eyoung pursed her lips upon hearing the question. “She changed a lot. She only plays with Rui whenever she goes outside her room; she’ll only talk to me whenever we’re eating.” She sighed before continuing. “She just locks herself to her room most of the time whenever Raina unnie is not around.”

 

Kaeun sighed; she wanted to do something but she can’t do anything since she cannot control Nana’s feelings. “I hate Jessica.”

 

Eyoung looked at her girlfriend and tighten her grip on the girl’s hand. “Yah, stop cursing people. Even though they did something bad to you, you shouldn’t hate them.”

 

“It’ll be okay if she did something to bad to me, but she did something bad to Nana unnie.” Kaeun said as she clenched her fist when she remembered how Nana suffers before.

 

Eyoung stopped walking when she noticed Kaeun’s other hand so she held it and opened it gently, slowly lifting it up then kissed it. Kaeun blushed on the sudden action of her girlfriend and the anger that she felt a while ago suddenly disappears.

 

“No matter what happened on their past, there’s always a reason why Nana unnie still love Jessica.” She said.

 

Kaeun didn’t know what to say since Eyoung has a point.

 

“They have been together for 3years or so, right?” Eyoung asked.

 

Kaeun sighed; whenever Eyoung is being rational, she can’t help but to admire her girlfriend more.

 

“Almost 4 years.” She answered then looked at Eyoung.

 

The older girl nodded. “See, almost 4years is not a joke. Aside from that painful part of their relationship Nana unnie still appreciate her happy moments with Jessica. That’s why Nana unnie still chose to forgive Jessica after waiting for 5 months.” She said as she looked back at Kaeun.

 

“I love you.” Kaeun suddenly said when Eyoung looked at her. Kaeun can’t help but to blurted out the feelings that she feels inside.

 

Eyoung got surprise on Kaeun’s words because that’s so far from the topic that they’re talking about. As a result, Kaeun received a light push from her girlfriend.

 

“You’re so random.” Eyoung just said as she started walking again trying not to smile.

 

Kaeun just giggled and followed Eyoung.

 

“I love you more.” said Eyoung, almost whispering when Kaeun linked her arm on Eyoung’s.

 

**

 

Krystal is sitting on her bed, surfing on the internet while looking for new videos on YouTube when she heard her door cracked open. She looked up and saw her sister wearing an oversized shirt and short short revealing her slender legs while holding a glass of milk.

 

“Drinking milk in the afternoon? Weird.” The younger said while looking on her laptop again and clicked the update of her favorite singer.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and sat on the edge of Krystal’s bed. “You’re supposed to be at school.”

 

“It’s the first day unnie, I hate introductions.”

 

“Well, you will do that as well when you attend tomorrow.” The brunette said as she took a sip of her milk.

 

Krystal ignored her sister and listen to the new song that has been updated an hour ago.

 

“The only thing I can do without you is cry in the dark.


.. Even though they say that the days we spent together will be forgotten with the passing seasons, I still can’t let you go.”

 

 

Jessica felt a goosebump on her body as she heard the voice of the singer. “What is that song?”

 

“Shhh!!”

 


“You’re the one that said you’d stay, that all you needed was the love we had for each other.
 

.. I know that I can’t see you anymore, but out of habit, I look for you and regret it.


.. I crumble to pieces again because I know I can’t let you go I know that I can’t see you anymore.”

 

 

The Jung sisters are listening attentively at the song; one is teary because of the emotional voice of the singer while the older felt guilty.


“You’re the one that asked me if I was okay even on the day you left.


.. You’re the one that said you’d stay, that all you needed was the love we had for each other.


.. It was all you, so why’d you leave…”

 

 

The song ended and Krystal’s eyes were teary, she wiped it and turned to her sister. “The song title is Still.”

 

“Who's the singer?”

 

“Her name is Kim Taeyeon, she covered a lot of songs and I swear she even sang those songs better than the original.” Krystal answered

 

“K-kim Taeyeon?” Jessica muttered.

 

Krystal nodded. “Yes, but this song is the one that she wrote. She even said that she dedicated this song to her ex-girlfriend.” The younger said while playing the song again. “She’s still waiting for the stupid girl who left her, if I were her I won’t leave her.”

 

Jessica felt a lump on after hearing all the information from her sister.

 

Taengoo~

 

 

**

 

Jooyeon go straight at Yuri’s apartment after her class finished; she has an extra subject since she dropped one last semester that’s why she spent her time at school more than Nana.

 

While typing the password of the door, she suddenly felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. As the door unlocked, she get her phone and answered the call without looking on the caller ID while entering the apartment.

 

“Hello?” Jooyeon answered while removing her sandals and placed it on the shoe rack.

 

Scanning the living room, she can tell that her girlfriend is not there at the moment so she sat on the leather couch. “Hello?” asked again, when she didn’t hear any answer she looked at her phone screen to check if her caller is still on the line.

 

U-ie.

00:04:42

 

After seeing the name, she suddenly felt her heartbeat is beating abnormally. “U-Uie?”

 

“Hi.” She heard the girl on the other line said.

 

Jooyeon rested her back on the arm rest of the couch and bring her knees up to her chest level to hug them. “H-hello.”

 

She pursed her lips as she heard the other girl on the other line giggling. “Did you call just to make fun of me?” she asked.

 

“Haha! No.” the girl on the other line paused and cleared before she continued. “It’s just, you always stutter whenever we’re talking, and I find it cute”

 

Jooyeon unconsciously smiled after hearing U-ie’s word. “I’ll take that as a compliment.”

 

She heard U-ie took a deep breath on the other line. “It’s been a while, how are you?”

 

Jooyeon rested her chin on the knees while playing with her hair. “Same old, same old. How about you?”

 

“Nothing changed, still the same.”

 

There was a long pause after the last sentence; both of them don’t know what to say to each other. But none of them want to end the call that fast.

 

Jooyeon heard U-ie sighed before the latter broke the silence.

 

“I missed you.”

 

Jooyeon bit her lower lip. She wanted to say how she missed the other girl as well but she knew it’s not right, she already have a girlfriend that she love and she doesn’t want to lead U-ie on if she said something about on what she feels.

 

**

 

Nana is waiting for Lizzy on the bench of the park where they usually go whenever the latter doesn’t feel like going to the café. Rubbing on the metal part of her pink bracelet, she’s mentally preparing herself on Lizzy’s reaction about the things that she’ll going to say to the brunette.

 

When Nana felt a stare from someone familiar, she looked over her shoulder and saw Lizzy slowly walking on her direction. The brunette just finished talking to Raina.

 

“No she can’t. If you have something to say to her you can say it here, since Lizzy is open with us.” Raina said before Lizzy answered the girl.

 

Bekah was taken aback on her girlfriend’s attitude. “Yah. Let Lizzy decide.” She said as she dragged Raina farther from Lizzy and Nana.

 

Lizzy looked on her best friends before she turned to Nana. “Unnie, is it important? Can we talk next time?”

 

Nana took Lizzy’s hand and held it with both of her hands. “It won’t take long Lizzy, please?”

 

Lizzy can’t ignore the electricity that she felt when Nana held her hand; she even felt that she’ll need nebulizer so she could breathe normally.

 

Lizzy sighed and looked at Nana’s eyes. “Wait for me at the park. I’ll just talk to Raina unnie.”

 

Nana’s face lit up after hearing the positive answer from the girl. “Thank you.” She smiled before letting go of Lizzy’s hand and walked off to the park.

 

Lizzy watched Nana while walking away from her. She felt alone again once Nana let go of her hand. She sighed for the nth time and walked to her best friends. She can hear Bekah’s words; the girl seemed scolding Raina’s attitude earlier.

 

“We’re just Lizzy’s friends, you can give her advice but you cannot decide for her. If she wants to talk to Nana let her. Lizzy is old enough to take care of everything.”

 

“I just don’t like seeing Lizzy in pain.” Raina said with her head hang low.

 

Bekah was about to answer Raina but Lizzy stop the two. “It’s okay Bekah unnie.” She said as she placed her hand on Raina’s shoulder. “I’m sorry, but don’t worry about me Raina unnie. I’m old enough and even taller than you to handle it.” She added trying to light the mood up.

 

Lizzy sat beside Nana, she’s looking everywhere except to the blonde beside her and Nana felt something painful on her chest as she noticed the brunette’s action.

 

“Lizzy~”

**

FYI: Still is Originally Raina's solo.

Raina also wrote that song :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zRq6mX5bX8

I love KaYoung. Lol <33

Thank you for the readers that consistently commenting here.

I won't tell names but you know who you are. :*

Follow me on twitter lol

@BeeNanaa

Have a nice day <33

 

-B