Finding Lizzy.

Banana Caramel

 

 

The first days of the week were hard for Lizzy after she saw the two hugging. Maybe she have a bad luck, the first and second time she saw Jessica, the girl always have Nana on her arms.

 

Now she's sitting, while hugging her knees with her chin is resting on them, on the carpeted floor of the living room looking at Rui who’s playing with his furball. She snatched the furball while the cat ran to grab it back when the front door cracked open revealing Raina, alone.

 

“Hey!”

 

Lizzy looked up and observed her best friend; her eyebrows furrowed.

 

“It’s the first time I saw you without Bekah unnie.”

 

Raina sat on the leather couch and messed Lizzy’s hair.

 

“She’s with Tiffany and Tiffany’s girlfriend.”

 

Lizzy gave Raina a confuse look and let go of the furball while Rui played with it again.

 

“Wow, even Tiffany unnie is into girls. All people around me are gays.” She said with amused voice.

 

“Blame the author.” Raina said and caressed Lizzy’s cheek. “How are you?”

 

Lizzy shrugged. ”I need to go to University tomorrow for last day registration.”

 

“Ah, you’re already registered.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

The room suddenly filled with silence.

 

Lizzy started to play with Rui again while Raina is looking at her best friend.

 

“Lizzy, you have me and Bekah. You can share your problem with us.”

 

The brunette sighed and smiled bitterly.

 

“I’ll be better soon unnie.”

 

**

 

Nana entered the café with Jessica and noticed that it has fewer customers than the usual. They sat on the table next the glass wall when Sunny approached them for their orders.

 

“Hi Nana, haven’t seen you in a while here.” The bright worker said.

 

Nana smiled. “I was busy for school. Second term will start next week.”

 

“No wonder Lizzy didn’t go here since Sunday, anyway what do you want to eat?” Sunny asked.

 

“Who is Lizzy?” Jessica asked out of curiosity. Everyone is mentioning Lizzy to Nana and she’s not comfortable with it.

 

Nana looked at Jessica. “She’s the daughter of the owner of this café.”

 

Sunny raised her left eyebrow, not satisfied with Nana’s answer. She wanted to say something but she don’t want to be rude since she doesn’t have any idea that the girl beside Nana is Jessica; the girl that Jooyeon and Kaeun were talking about on the van last week.

 

Why is she acting as if she and Lizzy are not friends? Sunny thought.

 

Jessica nodded and gave her order to Sunny which the latter made in a few minutes.

 

While eating, Jessica turned to Nana which made the latter confuse.

 

“Yes?” Nana asked.

 

“Who is Lizzy?” Jessica asked again.

 

Nana puts her fork down and wiped her lips. “I told you –“

 

“Who is she to you?” Jessica cut her off. She can feel that Lizzy is not just a daughter of the owner of this café since Nana accidentally mentioned the brunette few times already ever since the day that she came back.

 

Nana sighed. “She’s a friend. Don’t give me that look Jess.”

 

“Only friend?” the brunette asked again, still not satisfied with the blonde’s answer.
 

Nana gets the fork then stuffed a sliced of cake on Jessica’s mouth. “You asked too much, can we just eat?”

 

Jessica chewed the cake slowly and sighed.

 

 Maybe next time I will ask her again.

 

**

 

4:05PM

 

Lizzy and Raina decided to take a walk outside since the weather is perfect; Raina barely spend her time with Lizzy after Tiffany came back from US and she felt guilty that she’s not with the brunette when the latter needs a friend.

 

Lizzy is walking on Raina’s side, with her hands are in the pocket of her shorts, when she heard the latter spoke.

 

“Is it about Nana?”

 

Lizzy looked down, she’s kicking every small stones that her foot can reach, and then sighed.

 

“Well.”

 

Raina watched the brunette beside her, waiting to say anything. She knows her best friend is in pain, she’s just waiting for the latter to open up to her.

 

“Yes it is.”

 

Lizzy spotted an ice cream stall and asked Raina if they could buy some which the latter agree. They sat on one of the bench; Lizzy is watching some kids playing, silently eating her ice cream, while Raina is still waiting for the brunette to speak.

 

“Unnie, do you know the feeling when everything seems so right but it’s wrong?”

 

Raina thought of it for a while before she came up with an answer. “It’s like being with a girl.”

 

Lizzy nodded before she started again. “Other than that, it’s like falling for someone whom you thought feels the same way but it turns out the other way.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“All this while I thought the feeling is mutual, but I was wrong.” Lizzy smiled.

 

“I thought she already forgot about her ex-girlfriend because of me but I’m wrong.” She sighed.

 

“I’m delusional.”

 

Raina patted Lizzy’s shoulder. “Remember what she said? Maybe it’s not yet the right time for you.”

 

The brunette took a deep breath and looked up so the tears won’t fall.

 

“I love her unnie.” She said for the first time. It feels so right to say it out loud, even though the blonde won’t hear her.

 

**

 

First day of the class started, Nana is hoping to see Lizzy at the campus but failed. She’s looking everywhere to spot the brunette but to her dismay, she didn’t see any sign of Lizzy.

 

“Yah, you will break your neck if you keep doing that.” Jooyeon slapped Nana’s shoulder; she’s annoyed because the blonde keep on moving her head everywhere they go.

 

Nana sighed. “I haven’t see Lizzy after the vacation unnie. Her phone was off all week.”

 

“I saw her with Bekah and Raina a while ago.”

 

Nana looked at Jooyeon immediately and shook the latter’s shoulder. “Where did you saw them unnie?”

 

Jooyeon swat Nana’s hand off her before she answered. “At the gate, it seems like there’s a problem with Lizzy’s paper so they went to Ms. Kim’s office.”

 

“Unnie, I’ll just talk to her. I won’t attend the first class since we won’t do anything but to introduce ourselves to new professor.” The blonde said before running to Ms. Kim’s office leaving Jooyeon alone.

 

“Aish this girl!” Jooyeon muttered and turn around to proceed to her first class when she bumped into something.

 

Rather into someone.

 

“Omg! I’m sorry!”

 

Jooyeon bowed many times and helped the girl to pick up the books which scattered on the floor because of her.

 

“It’s okay.” The girl said.

 

Jooyeon froze after she heard the girl; she knew that voice, she knew that voice very well.

 

**

 

Nana is now in front of Ms. Kim’s office, trying to catch her breath since she ran so she won’t miss Lizzy, she can hear the voices talking inside but not so clear. She knocked on the door and the people stopped talking, she heard Ms. Kim’s voice saying ‘Come in.’

 

Slowly, she opened the door and saw 3 girls inside.

 

Ms. Kim smiled at her as she walked inside.

 

Nana bowed politely at the 3 girls before asking. “Ms. Kim, I just wanted to ask if Lizzy was here.”

 

Kahi answered for Jung Ah. “Yes she was, like 3minutes ago.”

 

“I think she proceeds to her first class now, you should too.” Ms. Son added.

 

Nana never been disappointed in her life, this is the first time. She bit her lower lips and bowed to the 3 teachers. “I’m sorry for disturbing you ma’am. Thank you.”

 

“It’s okay.” Ms. Kim smiled to the blonde.

 

When Nana left the room, Jung Ah pouted cutely.

 

“Nana was asking me and you two answered her not letting me to speak, how rude.”

 

**

 

U-ie smiled at the frozen girl, she’s trying so hard not to hug the brunette in front of her. God knows how much she missed the model.

 

Slowly, Jooyeon gave the books to U-ie. “H-hi.”

 

U-ie can’t help but to chuckled, Jooyeon is too cute when stuttering.

 

 “I need to go now. I just go here to borrow some books.” She said then patted Jooyeon’s head and walked.

 

Jooyeon watched U-ie disappear in front of her then sighed.

 

What if you’re the one that I choose? She shook her head at the thought.

 

“Aish.” She started to walk to her first class.

 

When she entered the room, she scanned her eyes to see if there’s new on their class.

 

No one’s new. She thought a little bit disappointed.

 

She took a seat next to window on the last row when she noticed a brunette two chairs away from her. “Lizzy?”
 

Lizzy looked at the girl who called her and just like the girl, she was shock to see Jooyeon on her class.

 

“What are you doing here unnie?!”

 

**

 

First class just finished and Lizzy bid her goodbye to Jooyeon, the latter found out that the problem on Lizzy’s paper is her first class. She’s supposed to be with Bekah and Raina but there’s a typo on her admission paper saying she belongs to Ms. Kwon’s class, Jooyeon’s and Nana’s class.

 

Jooyeon suddenly slapped her forehead with her palm. “Gosh I forgot to mention that Nana is looking for her. I’ll just tell Nana about this later.”

 

Lizzy ran to her next class to catch up, she needs to wait for a week before she can change it synchronized with Bekah’s and Raina’s schedule.

 

When she reached her room, she’s slightly panting and sweating.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late.” She said almost inaudible.

 

“It’s okay, Bekah and Raina explained already. Now take your seat.”

 

Lizzy bowed again and walked towards Bekah and Raina who reserved a vacant seat for her.

 

“Thanks. Jeez, they really need to fix my admission paper. I don’t want to run like this every morning for this whole semester.” She complained as she sat next to Raina.

 

Bekah just giggled while Raina patted the brunette’s head.

 

**

 

Jooyeon is now sitting on her favorite seat of every room, last row next to window, when Nana entered their second class from God-knows-where with disappointment written all over her face.

 

The blonde placed her bag on her desk and sat.

 

“I didn’t see Lizzy at the office. I’ve searched up for her at the campus and some room but failed.” She said ended with a cute pout.

 

“I’m with her a while ago.” Jooyeon said nonchalantly.

 

Nana looked at the model and stared at her with wide eyes. “Aish! You know I’m looking for her and you didn’t bother to text me that you’re with her!”

 

Jooyeon saw their professor coming in so she sits straight on her seat. “I forgot to tell her that you’re looking for her, how could you expect me to text you?”

 

Nana was about to answer back but their professor started her lesson.

 

Tsk, maybe later.

 

The bell rang indicating that Nana’s and Jooyeon’s class for today is already ended. Nana ran outside to continue her mission; to find Lizzy.

 

She talked to Eyoung when they ate their lunch but even the young girl has no idea where Lizzy is, Eyoung didn’t even see Bekah and Raina for the whole day.

 

Nana just got out of their building, when she looked to her right, she finally see the girl that she’s been looking for. Lizzy is walking with Bekah and Raina to the gate, realizing that she will lose Lizzy again this time, she immediately ran to the brunette while pushing some people that blocking her way.

 

“Lizzy!!” The blonde shouted while running with difficulty since there’s a lot of student on her way.

 

Lizzy stopped on her tracks as she heard a familiar voice calling her name, her heart suddenly skip its beat after realizing the owner of that voice.

 

“Are you okay?” Raina asked worriedly.

 

Lizzy turned around and saw an angel running to her direction, she suddenly felt as if time stopped from ticking and she could only see the blonde.

 

**

Sorry if you found this update boring. >__<

Please don't forget to leave a comment.

Thanks for reading. <33

 

 

-B