Rain.

Banana Caramel

 

Sorry for waiting.

Here's the longest chapter of Banana Caramel so far.

Italized words are either thoughts or flashback!

Don't be confuse!

Enjoy reading!

**

“Wow, you’re a freelance model.” Uie said after sipping her juice.

 

Jooyeon and Uie went straight to the café after finding a book that Uie needed for a research. Since Jooyeon helped her to get the book that she needs, she treats the girl for snack after finding out that Jooyeon loves to eat.

 

Jooyeon swallowed the cake that she’s eating to answer the girl in front of her. “Y-yes I am, actually you can go with me if you have time. We need more models like you.”

 

Seeing the icing on the side of Jooyeon’s lips, Uie picks up a napkin and lean forward to wipe it which makes the other girl blush. Realizing her action she awkwardly removed her hand and placed it on her thighs. Damn reflexes. “Haha, I don’t think I’m born to be a model.” She nervously said while sitting on her chair properly again.

 

Jooyeon on the other hand was stunned for a moment. OMG! Calm down Jooyeon! “Ah, t-thank you.” she said after recovering and look down to hide her blushing face. OMG! This girl is killing me. She fakes a cough before looking up and saw Uie looking outside with her hand under the table. “You’ll waste your figure if you won’t use it, you got the face and body that perfect on modeling. Plus you have the height that every girl would want to have.” Jooyeon added to erase the awkward atmosphere that starting to build in.

 

“Aigoo, I’ll think about it okay?” Uie said as she sees the girl’s determination to recruit her on their agency.

 

“I won’t take no for an answer.” Jooyeon said as she continued to eat still thinking of the other girl’s action a while ago. I hope I get an icing on my lips again.

 

Uie noticed that the sky is getting darker as a sign of heavy rain. Soon, a raindrop falls on the ground followed by another one. “I think we’re stuck here until the rain stops.”

 

 

**

 

“Here, drink this.” Eyoung gives Kaeun a hot choco to make Kaeun warm since they got wet because of the rain while they’re walking home. Luckily Eyoung’s house is near where they were when the rain starts to fall. “I’ll just get some clothes so you could change.”

 

Kaeun just nod and drinks her hot choco. She observes the house and saw a family picture of Lizzy hanging on the wall near the piano. The house is well-organized and it seems like the family loves to take a pictures. There’s one table where you could see only Lizzy’s selca from different countries and some with her friends. Her smile is cute, her laugh is hilarious, her eyesmile is perfect. She thought.

 

“Lizzy unnie loves to take selca, she have lots of photo album on her room. I could show it to you if she’s here, but I don’t think that she is.” Eyoung said from behind as she came back from upstairs with clothes on her hand. “Here, you can change at the bathroom on the second floor. Just turn to left and go straight, the third door is the bathroom.”

 

“Thank you.” Kaeun said while making her way upstairs.

 

Eyoung went to the kitchen to make something to eat while waiting for Kaeun to finish changing. After making sandwiches, she looks at the window and sees that the rain is not showing of any sign that it’ll stop soon. Glancing on her wrist watch, it’s already late. Wondering where her cousin is, she gets her phone and sends Lizzy a message.

 

Unnie, where are you? I know you’re not bringing umbrella with you, don’t get wet by the rain. *send*

 

“Where’s Lizzy btw?” Kaeun asked while sitting on the bar stool wearing Eyoung’s tank top and sweatpants.

 

Eyoung was startled when the girl suddenly spoke from the counter table, putting her phone back on her pocket she bring the sandwiches and place it on the table. “I don’t know, I just texted her and she’s not replying yet. Here, get some sandwich.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

The two girls are eating their sandwich silently while watching the rain when they heard a thunder.

 

“Nana unnie.” Kaeun mumbles which makes the other look at her with questioning face. “She’s scared of thunder.” The other girl just nod as answer.

 

Hearing another sound of thunder, Kaeun get her phone to check Nana but to her luck the battery of her phone is drain. “Aish! Why do I always forget to charge this?”

 

“Is there something wrong?” Eyoung asked.

 

“My phone’s battery is drained, I need to check Nana unnie if she’s okay.” Kaeun answered while trying to open her phone even though it’s impossible.

 

Eyoung get her phone to check if Lizzy replied but there’s no new message. “You can use this, do you memorize her number?”

 

**

 

Lizzy can’t get her phone when she felt the vibration of it. Why? It’s because Nana doesn’t want to let her go. The dorm’s electricity died due to heavy rain that their city experiencing. When everything went black while they’re doing her homework; Nana never let go of her.

 

Lizzy is sitting on the carpeted floor, writing on her notebook while browsing on the book at the same time, on Nana’s dorm while Nana is preparing some snacks to eat.

”It’s raining outside and Kaeun is still not home.” Nana said with foods on her hand while sitting beside Lizzy. She gets her phone to send her sister a message and place it back on the couch.

 

“Maybe she’s with Eyoung,” Lizzy said without looking up.

 

“She never brings umbrella with her, I hope she doesn’t get wet.” Nana said while moving closer to Lizzy.

 

The lights are blinking which makes Nana scared, it happens for a minute or two before everything went black. “AAAAAH!” Nana shrieked before grabbing Lizzy close to her and bury her face to latter’s shoulder.

 

“Hey Nana unnie it’s just a black out.” Lizzy said while trying to soothe the scared girl beside her. She feels her phone vibrates on her pocket but when she was about to get it, Nana holds her hand tightly and pull it close.

 

“D-don’t go.” Nana pleads while shaking.

 

“I-I’ll just check my phone, I won’t go anywhere.” Lizzy reassure the girl, but when she almost get her phone, a loud thunder follows which makes Nana more frighten and tighten her grip on Lizzy’s body.

 

Lizzy can feel Nana’s hot breath on her neck and she can’t help but to blush, but when she starts to hear a sob she panicked and asked the girl. “Unnie, what’s wrong?”

 

“J-Just don’t go.” Nana whispered and Lizzy can tell how scared the girl is that moment.

 

Not knowing what to do, she just gets the older girl’s arms and wrapped them around her waist then hug Nana tightly. “Don’t worry unnie, I won’t leave you.” She said while Nana’s hair to soothe her.

 

They stay in that position for about half an hour when Lizzy saw Nana’s phone blinking. “Nana unnie, I think someone is calling on your phone.”

 

Waiting for an answer, Lizzy looked at Nana just to find out that the latter already fell asleep on her shoulder. Seeing the stain of tear on the older girl’s face, Lizzy wipes Nana’s cheek which makes the girl flinched and grabs Lizzy’s hand to stop her. Nana snuggles closer to Lizzy as she feels comfortable and secure by the brunette’s warm.

 

The brunette can’t help but to stare at the blonde’s sleeping face, this is the first time she got a chance to watch her closer. She knows she’s being creepy but she can’t help it. Then there’s this heart of hers again, beating abnormally.

 

**

 

“She’s not picking up.” Kaeun bites her lip; worried that her unnie is not answering her phone.

 

Eyoung feels how worried the other girl is by just watching her from her seat. “Maybe she’s doing something.”

 

“But she can’t be alone at times like this. She’s really scared of this kind of weather.” Kaeun said while texting her unnie nonstop.

 

When Kaeun gets tired of spamming Nana’s phone; the phone that she’s using suddenly beeped indication that there’s a new message so she gave it back to the owner.

 

I’m here with Nana unnie at their dorm don’t worry. Do you know where Kaeun is? She’s not home yet. –michinunnie

 

“Lizzy unnie is on your dorm with Nana unnie.” Eyoung informed.

 

Kaeun is with me at home, she’s worried at Nana unnie. Why she’s not picking up the phone?–E(vil)young

 

Tell her that Nana is fine and now sleeping. There’s no electricity here because of the rain. >_< -michinunnie

 

Okay! J –E(vil)young

 

“Lizzy unnie said that Nana unnie is fine and now sleeping.”

 

**

 

“I had a nice afternoon with you Uie.” Jooyeon said while smiling. The rain already stopped and they’re just waiting for a cab in front of café.

 

“Same here, I hope we can hang out more often. Are you sure you don’t want me to send you home? I mean it’s already late.” Uie said since she’s the reason why the girl will go home late today.

 

“No, no don’t even bother. You already treat me and I’m so full, that’s enough payment for my kindness.” Jooyeon said while giggling.

 

The cab stopped in front of the girls and Uie opened it for Jooyeon. “Thanks again for the help.” She said then kissed Jooyeon’s cheek which makes the latter froze.

 

After recovering Jooyeon goes inside and Uie closed the door while waving at the girl that sitting inside the cab.

 

What just happened? Jooyeon thought while holding her cheek.

 

**

 

The light turns on and the rain finally stops. The books are scattered all over the coffee table with an empty glass and saucer, two girls are sitting on the floor; one resting her head on the couch with her arm wraps around the blonde’s shoulder while the other is cuddling to the brunette’s waist and sleeping on her shoulder.

 

“Lizzy unnie is so messy.” Eyoung said while tidying her cousin’s school books and notes. She sends Kaeun home right after the rain stopped also to fetch her cousin since it’s already 9 in the evening and walking alone is not a smartest thing to do.

 

Kaeun on the other hand notice how calm her sister is even though the thunders that she heard earlier were scary, she kneeled beside the blond and shook her arm gently. “Unnie~”

 

The blond flinched a bit and rubbed her eyes to get use of the light. When she finally opened her eyes, she saw the sleeping girl with slightly open mouth. She’s so cute. She looked on her side and saw Eyoung with her sister. “Hey where have you been? That’s not your clothes.” She said without removing her arms around Lizzy.

 

“Obviously, it’s because of the rain. We need to stop at Lizzy unnie and Eyoung’s house and she let me borrow her clothes. You seem okay, but why aren’t you answering my phone call earlier?” Kaeun asked, she really hates it when her call’s got ignored especially when she’s being worry.

 

Seeing Kaeun’s irritated face, Nana patted the younger girl’s head. “Probably you called while I’m sleeping.”

 

“Nana unnie, can you wake up Lizzy unnie now, please? We need to go now since it’s getting late.” Eyoung said after placing all the books and notes on Lizzy’s bag.

 

Nana shook Lizzy’s arms gently. “Lizzy~ Eyoung and Kaeun are here.”

 

“H-huh?” Lizzy asked as she tried to rub her eyes using her right hand but failed to do so because of a soft thing that stopping her movement, she squeezes it many times as it feels so familiar for her.

 

“That’s my hand.” Nana said casually.

 

Slowly opening her eyes, Lizzy’s face suddenly turns red when she noticed how close Nana is to her. “Eugh, I-I’m sorry.” She said immediately letting go of Nana’s hand.

 

Nana slowly pulls herself up and helped Lizzy to stand up, just then the latter noticed the presence of the new people at the dorm. “Hi Kaeun!” she greeted the girl while linking her arm to her cousin. “We have to go now, thank you for the help Nana unnie.”

 

**

 

The two girls are already at the gate of the dorm when they heard someone calling Lizzy’s name.

 

“Lizzy!”

 

Lizzy looked back and was surprise when she’s greeted by a hug.

 

“Thank you so much.”

 

Lizzy can feel her face heating up and her heart is not beating in normal rate again, it only happens whenever she’s around this girl.

 

“Y-you’re welcome.”

 

Although she doesn’t want to let go, she have to because she doesn’t want the other girl feels how her heart is jumping out from her chest.

 

“Take care on your way home.”

 

Nana finally let go of Lizzy and kissed the latter on the forehead before waving goodbye to the two girls.

 

**

 

Eyoung and Lizzy arrived on their house safely and luckily Lizzy’s parents are not home yet.

 

Before entering her room, Eyoung passed by on Lizzy’s back while throwing a question.

 

“You like her, don’t you?”

 

Lizzy looked at Eyoung who’s now about to enter her own room.

 

“You like Kaeun so much, and it shows.”

 

“If I admit it now unnie, what do you think I should do? She likes another person, not me.”

 

Eyoung said while looking on the floor with her hand is on the doorknob.

 

Lizzy thought for an answer for a while, it’s the first time that her cousin confessed to her about the person the younger girl likes, so she really wanted to help.

 

“As long as she’s not with the other person yet you have nothing to be scared of, you still have lots of time to make her fall for you before others do to her. Just be yourself and I’m sure she’ll fall for you.”

 

“Thanks unnie, goodnight.”

 

The younger girl said before shutting the door close.

 

“Goodnight Eyoungie.”

**

My vocabulary is limited.

I'm so busy these days.

Gah stupid event!! >_<

Comments and complaints are welcome! <3

Anyway have a nice weekend!!

 

-B