Date

Believe It
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yunho's POV

“Hey!”

It was a warm, spring weekend. Winter had past months ago and the warm weather had settled in just like my relationship with the girl that happily launched herself into my arms. It's been six months since we've been together and like the weather, the cold and cautious beginnings of our relationship had past and we've settled into a comfortable and steady one. We still bickered of course. That hasn't change and I honestly don't think it will ever. The two of us were nearly complete opposites and it was impossible not to head on things but what was important was that we didn't let it get in the way of our relationship. It was playful bantering, you could say. An odd way to express ourselves.

“I missed you ahjussi.” The girl in my arms cooed softly. Ahjussi. I was pleased that it was a nickname she gave me but I wasn't too pleased with being called old. And I've yet to convinced her of calling me something differently but I was determined to change her ways.

“I missed you too.” I replied. It's been a couple of weeks since we've seen each other. Two weeks ago, I was on a business trip and then the week after, Sunhee was off on a trip with her grandparents, resulting in a lack of visits between us. And to make up for the time we've been away from each other, we were going on a date today. And the best way to do it was to be cliché and go on an amusement park date. Her idea, not mine. I was just foolish enough to go through with it.

 

“Are you all ready for today?” I asked Sunhee, who was still clinging onto my tightly. She hummed, burrowing her face into my t-shirt.

“Remember to have her home by 10.” My eyes glanced up and caught sight of Sunhee's younger brother, Sehun, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. My relationship with the boy....what can I say?...It's improved. We were by no means buddy, buddy but like the first time I got to know his older sister, we tolerated each other. But it was always amusing to me how protective he was.

 

I nodded my head and dragged my girl away, taking her away for our exciting date.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 Sigh. What have I've gotten myself into. Never in a millions would I think I would be in this situation.

“This is embarrassing.” I muttered, allowing for my girlfriend to fix the animal ears that were embarrassingly graced over my head. We had arrived at the amusement park around an hour ago and after riding a few rides, we stopped by one of those accessory stores, Sunhee going right to the animal ears and couple section. She shook her head with a twinkling smile, “No it's not, it's cute.” She was wearing a set of animal ears on her head like me, the only difference is it being pink while mine was orange. But unlike me, she looked cute. I probably just ended up looking like an idiot.

 

I scoffed and turned to glare at the image staring back at me in the mirror, “I hardly see what's cute with matching outfits.” It wasn't just the animal ears that matched. Sunhee had even somehow convinced me to agree to wearing a shirt that matched hers, resulting in a couple look. I may have been able to lived it down if the shirts were something simple but these were the cheesy types that said 'I'm hers' and 'I'm his'. It was just embarrassing.

 

She shrugged and played with her own ears, brushing her bangs to the side and smiled pleasantly, “I think it's cute.”

“It's embarrassing.” I couldn't help but whine. Another thing. In the time span we've been together, I almost changed into a completely different person when I'm with her. At work, I was still the same cold, old man, as she likes to put it, but with Sunhee I became, I guess you can say a softy. I learned to let loose and have fun; in a sense, become something similar of a child. It was amazing how one girl can have such an affect on me.

 

“You think I'm embarrassing?” Sunhee questioned with disappointed, shining eyes. “I didn't say that!” I was quick to defend, raising my voice

Please log in to read the full chapter