The Battle

Tell me Why I Can't Love You?

You rested your head upon the table. Christmas break was now over and it was back. Youngjae, Daehyun, Jongup, Zelo and you were sitting together at your usual table in the cafeteria. It was hard to talk to them during school because there would be a lot of other girls trying to get there attention, but today you didn't care because you didn't feel like talking at all. The memory of Sunggyu and you kissing were playing over and over again in you mind.

"June-ah, are you feeling alright?" Zelo asked concered. He reached out and touched your forehead. "Hmm...You don't have a fever." He thought about it more, "we ate breakfast this morning as well, so you're not suppose to be in this kind of mood. What wrong June?" 

You smiled and shook your head. You could hear the girls surrounding you table awing at how cute Zelo was, and how jealous they were of you. "It's nothing. I'm just tired I guess." You lied. 

"Zelo oppa! I think I have a fever, feel my forehead too!" "No! Touch mine first!" "No! Me! Noona isn't feeling well today. Zelo, you're going to make sure noona is healthy and okay right?" The girls started fighting over Zelo. Zelo just looked at everyone nicely and tried to calm them down.

You sighed. *Maybe transforming them wasn't such a smart idea.* You thought to yourself. Ever since your first day back, almost half of the girls in school wanted to be you. Surrounded by sweet, smart and good looking guys like BAP. That was the reason all the girls wouldn't talk to you, since you were envied by them all. Now girls won't stop drooling at them and trying to get near them at lunch.

Suddenly, the girls stopped begging for Zelo's attention and noticed 6 other boys walk in the cafeteria.

"OMO!! INFINITE!!" "Yah! Where's Sunggyu and L oppa?" " Sunggyu oppa always leads them in!?" "Where is my ice prince L?"  "It's not the same without our leader oppa, or our cold hearted prince!" They all cried.

You covered your ears, you were this close to making them shut up. You were about to get up when someone touched your shoulder. "JUNEY~~" An annoying voice called to you. 

You slowly turned around and face palmed yourself. "What do you want Sungyeol?" You asked annoyed.

He grabbed your wrist and pulled you up from your seat. "We need to talk to you Juney! It's an important matter!" He exclaimed and started to drag you. 

"Yah!" Daehyun called and held onto your other wrist. "Let her go. If she wants to follow you she will, but seeing the way you're forcfully dragging her doesn't look like she wants to go with you." He said and pulled you towards him.

Sungyeol smirked and pulled you towards him. "Then why don't you let go to big boy? If Juney wanted to stay with you wouldn't she have said something to make me stop?" He explained.

Daehyun pulled you again. "You didn't even give her time to yell for help. And DON'T call her Juney. She's not your friend and she'll never be one."

Sungyeol tugged on you harder. "Matter of fact we are friends. Juney and I are probably the best of friends, so let her go!" 

"No you!" He pulled you again even harder.

They started tugging and pulling on your arms. Girls around you were crying with envy, seeing 2 different guys from 2 different groups wanted to have lunch with you at the same time. Some girls were just staring at how strong and tough Daehyun's arms were and other were staring at how cute Sungyeol was and how slick he was with his comebacks. And the guys watching..They were betting on which arm would fall off first.

"Let's just settling this our way!" Jongup yelled.

Sungyeol and the rest of Infinite nodded. "Sure. If you're ready to lose." Sungyeol let get of your now throbbing left arm.

"Ha, don't bet on it." Daehyun chuckled and let go of you right arm which was now numb.

Sungyeol rolled up him sleaves and fixed his hair. "I remember when we first decided on how we'd agree if you dorks do our homework or not last year." 

Daehyun laughed rolling up his other sleeve. "Yup. I hope your parents won't that pissed when your math teachers called asking why you weren't doing your homework." He pulled Zelo foreward and messaged his shoulders. "Are you ready maknae? All odds end up in your hands, don't disapoint." 

Zelo nodded, "Don't worry hyung. I won last year, I can win again."

Sungjong laughed and stood infront of Zelo. "Don't get your hope up you giant baby. You might of won last year, but I promise you, I won't let you beat me again!"

You stood there trying to comprehend what was going on, and trying to get the feeling back in your arms. You looked back and forth and Sungjong and Zelo's faces and saw how determinded they look. *What's going on? Wait!? Don't tell me they're going to fight?* You thought to yourself.

You grabbed Jongup's arm and tugged on his sleeves. "Oppa! What are the maknaes up to?" 

Jongup patted your head. "Don't worry June. Zelo's sharp, he knows how to beat that other thing. He won last year, he can do it again!" He exclaimed.

"Are you sure Zelo and Sungjong are going to be okay?" You asked concerned.

"Well..I thought last years battle was tough, but this year Sungjong looks witter and alittle more cleaver." He explained and kept his eye on the two battle maknaes.

You gasped. You never thought that the BAP wouldn ever get into fights, especially push their sweet little mankae to do all the hard work for them. You knew about Infinite's reputation, they liked to play dirty. You weren't there the last time they battled, but since you were here now you were going to put a stop to this battle.

"Ready Sungjong!" Sungyeol asked.

Sungjong nodded and rolled up his sleeves. "Don't worry hyung! I won't disapoint you guys again. This pip squeeks going down!"

Daehyun patted Zelo's head. "Remeber, No Mercy!" He yelled and gave him a little push.

Zelo smirked and rolled up his sleeve. "Lego!" 

Just before they could do anything a hand went flying by both of their faces. Since they weren't expecting it they both fell to the floor.

"YAH!! WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU BOTH THINK YOU'RE DOING? FIGHTING? ON SCHOOL PROPERTY? YOU GUYS ARE INSANE!!!" You yelled.

They both touched their sobbing, red cheecks and looked at you confused and scared.

Youngjae pulled your arm. "Yah June, what are you doing?" He asked.

You pushed his arm away. "What am I doing?!? What are you doing?? Pushing your dongsaeng into fighting on school grounds!! I have no clue how you guys pulled it off last year without getting caught, but this has to stop!" 

BAP, Infinite and the whole crowd looked at you weird. "Juney..You know they aren't actually going to fight each other right?" Sungyeol asked confused.

You turned around. "What do you mean. 'aren't going to fight?'" You asked using cottations.

"June. When I said they were going to battle, I didn't mean fight each other physically." Jongup explained.

Zelo rubbed his red cheek. "Yeah June, we were going to have a kawi, bawi, bo battle." He explained showing his fist.(a/n kawi,bawi,bo is korean for rock, paper scissors...Just in case some of you didn't know...)

You turned red, "so you weren't going to beat each other up?"

Sungjong and Zelo shook their heads. You nervously smiled and stepped back. "Oh..Araso..Then continue with you 'battle'...I'm just going to sit." You said and sat down at your table.

Daehyun bent down and looked and Zelo's cheek. "Aish, you didn't have to slap him this hard June!" He yelled to you. 

"Yeah Juney! I didn't know you were this violent!" Sungyeo yelled while looking at Sungjong.

You felt more and more embarassed. It wasn't your fault you hit them. Nobody properly explained what kind of battle they were having. You've never seen people start such a fuss over a game of kawi,bawi,bo. You usually play that game with people when you don't want to do chores, or pay for food. 

"Okay, I think we should subsitute our mankae's." Sungyeol suggested.

Daehyun nodded. "Araso. Jongup, it's time to shine."

Jongup gulped and walked slowly to Daehyun. "Hyung, I don't think I can do this. You know I at playing kawi,bawi,bow. Aren't I the one who always ends up paying for our meals?" He whispered to him.

Daehyun stood up, holding Zelo up with his arm. He put his free arm on Jongup's shoulder. "You can do this Jongup. This isn't about paying for our meals, this is for June." He said and helped Zelo walk to their table.

"Hyung, you know he's going to lose right? Jongup hyung never wins at kawi,bawi,bo. He's probably crused." Zelo explained.

Daehyun sighed. "What else could we do? We have to play by the rules, and rules state that the 2nd maknae must subsitute the origanal maknae." He explained. *All we can do is hope for the best.* He thought to himself.

Hoya and Dongwoo both helped Sungjong up and seated them at a random table. "You okay Sungjong? You took quite a blow out there." Hoya explained.

Sungjong smiled and touched his burning cheek. "Don't worry about it hyung. I'll be okay."

"Well, since the second maknae isn't here today..Then the second maknae of the group today is..ME!!" He smiled and pointed to himself.

Jongup gulped. He really didn't want to do this. He was hoping that June would think they were actually fighting and slap his face as well. Sadly, it didn't happen.

Sungyeol cracked his finger nuckles and rolled up his sleeves. He held out his fist. "Ready nerd?" 

Jongup held out his fist, "No..."He mumbled to himself.

Youngjae stood at the sidelines. "Okay, let's just have a clean battle. Are both sides ready?"

Sungyeol nodded fircely, while Jongup slowly moved his head.

"Okay..Ready..Kawi..Bawi...BO!" He shoted.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Daehyun took a huge bit of his sandwitch and growled. "Dammit Jongup! You are offically disowned from this group!" He yelled.

"Wae?!?" Jongup whined.

Daehyun glared at him. "Thanks to you, June is eating lunch with those pabo's over there. Yongguk hyung, Himchan hyung and Chunji hyung are all going to smack us to death thanks to you! This is the last time we depend on you to win in a kawi,bawi,bo battle." 

Youngjae nodded. "Yeah, who knew you were so bad at kawi,bawi,bo? "

Jongup sighed. "Mihane! I told you I wan't good with it! That's why I always end up paying all the meals."

Zelo patted his shoulder. "It's okay Jongup hyung. You still tried you best."

Jongup smiled and was out to say something until Zelo pushed his head. "But you best wasn't good enough. They took our June away from us. Now you owe us desert, now go and get it!" He demanded.

_________________________________________________________________

"Juney! Did you see the way I distroyed him in kawi,bawi,bo! HA the look on his face was so funny when I pulled out rock and he had scissors!" Sungyeol laughed.

You sighed. *What has the world come to? These dorks think they're so cool just because they beat BAP to a kawi,bawi,bo battle? I wonder what their other battle outside look like?* You thought to yourself.

"June! You weren't that bad either!" Dongwoo pointed out. "The way you were able to slap Sungjong and that Zelo guy right to the ground was debak!!!" He exclaimed raising up his thumb.

Sungjong looked down. "I just wasn't ready for that hit! If I knew I would of doadged it. Next time you're going to slap someone June, you might want to warn them!" He scoled you while pressing a cold can to his cheek.

Since Infinite won the stupid, childeshi kawi,bawi,bo battle you had no choice but to eat lunch with them. To your surprised, Infinite actually do eat lunch on school grounds. Teen Top usually ditches school during lunch.Even though Infinite doesn't eat lunch in the cafeteria,they eat it outside.

It felt nice to feel the wind blowing through your hair while you ate your kimchi. You forgot how nice it was to eat lunch outside, without worrying if Chunji and the rest of the gang would make you late for class.

"So Juney~ How is having lunch outside with the Infinite boys feel?" Sungyeol asked you with a cheesy smile on his face.

You looked and gave him a friendly smile. It was acutally really nice outside. Since more then half of the students ate in the cafeteria it felt a little too crowded. Outside, it felt peaceful and calm. "It's nice. Really nice." You answered you took a sip of your water.

Woohyun sighed. "If only Sunggyu hyun was here. It's weird, ever since Christmas he hasn't left his room. What even happened that night before we got back June?" He asked you.

*Christmas night...Christmas? night...What hap-* You spit out you water, remembering what you both did that night. You started to cough like crazy.

Dongwoo patted you back. "Well..It looks like somebody knows what happened that night." 

"What?!?! I don't even know what you guys are talking about." You said fast as you wiped your mouth with a napkin.

Hoya looked at you confused. "But June, weren't you there that night before we came in. You both were staring at each other, and he was holding you wrist saying something to yo-" You shoved some kimchi in Hoya's mouth before he could say anymore.

"You need to eat! Lunch break is almost over." You tried to change the subject.

Sungjong pulled your sleeve. "Please June! We need your help. L hyung has been trying to talk to Sunggyu all day. If L can't fix this problem the only person who can is you!" He pleaded. "Please June! I miss seeing hyung all happy and cheerful." He pouted, showing you a bit of ageyo.

"Aish! Fine I'll help you guys." You gave in.

"Yeah!!" Sungyeol clapped. "Okay Juney, let's go back to the hang out!" He pulled you up and started to drag you.

You were shocked. They wanted to leave now? "Yah guys! We have class soon, why are we leaving now?" You asked confused.

"Don't worry June! We'll probably be back before dismissal bell, so you won't have to worry about your BAP dorks or your boyfriend wondering where you are." Hoya assured.

You strugged to get free. "I don't care about that! I care about g-" 

"Good! Since you don't care about getting back before dismissal we won't have to rush then!" Woohyun said.

"Ani!! You didn't let me finish! I mean what about class? Don't you guys have classes to attend?" 

Sungyeol laughed and pinched your cheek with his free hand. "You're so cute Juney, thinking we actually go to class. If your boyfriend wasn't so scary I'd probably try and still you away from him." He smiled.

You slapped his hand away. *This is wrong! I never miss a day of class? But if this is what it takes to get rid of these guys I have no choice.* You sighed and finally gave in.

Sungyeol let go of your arm and you all made your way to the Infinite hangout.

Woohyun drapped his arm over your shoulder. "You know June. If things don't work out with you and that Chunji boy, I will certainly be happy to fill in that spot-"

Before he could say any more you slapped him. "Tch, greasy, greasy boy. When will you learn that girls don't fall for that. Maybe you should try and be yourself, try and show girls who you really are in the inside." You poked at his chest. "Maybe if you did you wouldn't have to waste all you money of those boxes of chocolates." You explained and walked with the others.

Woohyun stopped walking at touched his chest. *If people found out who I really am, they'll just get up and leave me, like what they did.* He thought to himself. He held in his tears and cupped his mouth. "YAH! SO YOU'RE THE ONE WHO ATE THAT BOX OF CHOCOLATE!" He yelled and ran to catch up with you and the rest of Infinite.

 

 

 

 

Ouuuuu~~ Are you guys curious to know what Woohyun was talking about?? Well..You'll just have to wait until I tell you what happened to him..IN THE PAST~~ Hehehe^^ I hope you like this chapter...Sorry for not updating a lot..I get writers block a lot -.-# but I guess my chapters are pretty long right?? I might not be updating for quite awhile since school starts on Monday (BOOO!!!) It's sad, it felt like Christmas Break just started yesterday, now I have to go back there and study for exams which are coming up ;_;...Also..I saw a few comments saying who you wanted June to end up with...Breaking a few hearts (Just saying)..Keep telling me who you'd like her to end up with..And I might change it ^_~ (Probably not because I feel this ending is PERFECT^^) Thanks for reading my story^^ I'm going to write a new fanfic soon, it's going to be an EXO fic..It's based on a dream I had about Kai~~ Even though Kyungsoo is my bias...Anyway, please check out my other story too ^^ Opposites Attract..I don't usual update that one often because I don't know what to write..But please read it and tell me what you think~~ (Aish..I didn't mean for this to be long..I just wanted to write a short little note) Anyway I sarangehae you guys^^ Till the next update~~