That Moment

Tell me Why I Can't Love You?

It had been about a week since that day. The day that Chunji had told you about his parents and past life, but more importantly the day he confessed. You never answered him that day because you didn't know what to say. Nobody has ever confessed to you before, so you didn't know what to do.

You sighed. *I thought all he wanted to be was friends, I never would of thought it'd turn out like this.*

Neil knocked on the table you were sitting at. You looked up in shock, "oh Neil.." You still weren't comfortable calling any of them oppa yet. "Mihane, I kind of drifted off in thought." You explained.

He sat in front of you and looked you dead in the eye. "Chunji confessed to you yesterday didn't he?"

You looked at him surprised. "How did you know? Did Chunji tell you?"

He smirked. "He didn't have too. It was written all over his face that night and still is." He leaned in closer to you, "and it's all written on your face as well." He pointed.

You blushed. "Is it that obvious??"

He chuckled. "Not to these babo's, but to me yes." He pointed over to Teen Top.

Teen Top was helping you move out all the broken furniture, while you were calculating and estimating the amount of money you'd have to buy new ones.

You closed your notebook and got up. Neil got up with you and leaned in cloer to you. "I understand you don't know what to do right now, but you'll understand he really does care about you. I know it's going to be hard to open up to someone you just met a week ago, but remember this. Chunji isn't just someone....Keep that in mind. Araso?" He moved back from you and went to help the rest of the guys.

You stared at him. *Strange guy. Doesn't talk much, but when he does you regret listening.* You left the cafe and went straight to your other job.

________________________________

It was around 10:30pm when you finished calculating. After your work at the library you decided to go back to the cafe and finsh your calculating.

You sighed and out you head on the table. "At this rate we'll have to buy old used ugly furniture." You were saving up you work money and the money the cafe had, but unfortunetly it still wouldn't be enough.

You decided to go home and just forget about the shop for the night. You locked up the cafe and went your way. You realized that it was past midnight, so you started to worry. Soeul was a safe city in the day time, but when it gets dark drunks come out and a lot of girls get kidnapped.

You took a deep breath in and out. *Don't worry! Just stay calm and stay away from ally ways and people.* 

Suddenly 3 guys blocked your path. You tried to turn around and go the other direction, but 2 other guys were there blocking it too. You gulped and tried to escape, but there was no place too.

One guy chuckled and walked over to you. His hair was up to his neck, and he had a scary but yet a mysterious look on his face. "Well, look what we've found on the way boys? Geeky, but she's kinda cute eh?" The other guys laughed.

You tighted your first and looked at him. "Mihane, I'm just going home. So if you could please exuse me-" You tried to get through, but he put his arm blocking your way.

He smirked. "Sweetheart, no need to raise your tone of voice with me! I'm a nice ajusshi, I won't hurt you, none of us will." He slowly placed his arm on your shoulder.

That's when you grabbed his arm and flipped him over. He landed hard on his back and began to moan in pain. That's when you made a run for it.

The guy sat up slowly while holding his rid, "YAH! GET HER!" He yelled to his followers.

They chased after you, until you hit a dead end. You looked around for any other way out, but it was no use you were trapped. You turned around and the 5 guys were standing just a few feet away from you.

The long hair guy you flipped over smirked and pointed at you. "Jonghyun, Taemin grab her!" He demanded.

"Nee hyung!" They ran over to you. You tried to push them away, but it was no use they grabbed your arms tightly.

Another guy walked up to you and lifted you chin up. His head was half shaved and the other side was full of hair, his bangs were on the right of his face. "Onew hyung, what are you going to do with this thing?" He asked.

Onew smirked, "same thing she did to me, but much more painful." He came up to you and smiled. "Sweet dreams nerd!" He lifed up his arm. He was just about to punch you, until sombody jumped in between you two.

"Yah! I thought we warned you SHINee freaks to stay clear of our turf!" A voice yelled.

Onew laughed. "Look guys, it's Chunji from Teen Top! Where's the rest of your little friends?"

You looked up and sure enough the guy was right, it was Chunji. "How'd he know where I was?*

Chunji smirked. "Why so curious? Scared we're going to kick you again?"

Onew looked angry and tried to throw a punch at him, but Chunji dodged it and punched him instead.

"HYUNG!" The 4 guys yelled.

Onew wiped his lips, "forget about me! Minho and I'll finish this guy. Take the girl back to our place!" He demanded.

They pulled you, but you refused to move. "YAH! LET ME GO!" You yelled.

Chunji looked over to you, "JUNE!" He yelled, then a punch flew to his face. He landed straight to the ground.

"CHUNJI!" You kicked the guy on the right in the shin and elbowed the other guy in the chest. You tried to run over to Chunji, but the guy with the shaved hair stood in your way. "Onew hyung doesn't want you to go over ther. Please cooperate with me or you-" Just before he finished his sentence, you punched his stomach and kicked him down to the ground.

You ran over to Chunji who was still on the floor. "Yah! Chunji are you alright!?" He looked up at you and smiled.

Then his eyes widened, "JUNE! LOOK OUT!"

You turned around and BAM! Punched right in the face by the tallest guy of the group. The punch was so intense that you flew to the ground and your glasses had fallen off our face.

The guy laughed. "HA! Not so tough now little girl?!" He was about to grab you until a fist went flying to his face.

He landed on the ground and looked up. "Not so funny now, right Minho?!" Chunji yelled.

Onew got up, "YAH! Let's get outta here!" He demanded.

"Nee hyung," they replied in pain and ran behind him.

Chunji ran over to you. You were still on the ground in pain. "June!! Are you okay?" He shook you.

*And I thought auntie could throw a punch.* You looked up and saw blur, you realised your glasses weren't on. "Chunji...do you..see..my glasses anywhere..?" You asked slowly.

He looked around and picked them up. He placed it on your face and looked at you, "are you alright?"

You nodded. "Yeah..never..better..." You replied.

He slowly touched your cheek, but you whinced in the pain. "Don't worry...I'm fine...It's just..proabably..brused..."

"Babo!" He picked you up and put you on his back.

________________________

He brought you down on a broken sofa. "Stay here araso!" He went into another room.

You looked around the place. It was dark, even with the lights on. "Where am I?" You whispered.

"This is our hangout." Chunji explained when he stepped out of the room. He brought back a blanket and placed it over your skirt.

He knelt in front of you and raised his hand to your cheek. You whinced once he touched it. "Don't.." You said quietly.

He smirked, "so it does hurt doesn't it?"

"NO!" You said defensive. "I just don't like it when people touch my face.."

He shook his head and walked to what looked like a kitchen. He came back to you with an icepack wrapped tighty in a towel. He started to dab your cheek.

You were holding in the pain. You didn't like showing your weak side to other people, but once in a while you would whince at the pain.

Chunji sighed and stopped dabbing your cheek. He looked in your eyes. "You don't have to act brave around me June-ah. I can tell you're in pain, why do you try and hold it back like it's nothing?" He sighed and got up. He turned around and was about to leave.

You grabbed his wrist. He turned around in surprised. You looked down and tears were streaming down your face. "Dont...go.." you said slowly. You didn't understand why you wanted him to stay. You didn't know what he even wanted to stay and help you in the first place. 

All your fear, stress and worries all escaped through your tears.

He lifted you chin and wiped your tears away. "I asked you to be real around me, not cry. "He joked.

You sniffed. "How'd you know..I was there?" You asked quietly.

He smiled, "if you can't even walk to school properly by yourself, you expect me to believe you can walk home alone at night?"

You laughed. "So in other words you were following me?" You both laughed.

You felt a slight happier then you every did this past week. You didn't understand what it was, but around Chunji you felt more and more happier by the second. There was somthing about his that you couldn't explain, but you like it.

You looked down and gasped at him. "Your lip."

He touched his lips. "Don't worry about it. I get cuts like this all the time thanks to those losers."

You bowed. "Gowamo, you really saved me out there." 

"Aish.." He poked your head. "Why do you have to be like that?" He complained.

You looked at him,"why do you have to act so tough around everyone?" You asked him.

He looked away from you. "Because that's who I am. It's kind of what I've become." He explained.

You moved his face to face yours. "Well then, who are you really then?" 

He looked up at your eyes. "Who I really am June? I'm really the guy for you." He took a deep breath. "That day we first meet. When you looked up at me with those small brown eyes. All I saw was your innocence and purity, and that's all I could think of till this day. I didn't know what I was feeling at first, but I've realized what it is now. I want to be someone you can love and trust and be yourself with. I'd do anything for you June."

You looked down at his cut lip. "Do you really feel this way?" You asked.

He nodded. "Yes! I told you a week ago and I'll tell you again. Park Ahn June, I've fall-"

You cut him off by kissing his lips. His eyes went wide in shock by your sudden action.

You moved away and bit your lips. You smiled. "Mihane..My mom told me that kissing a cut would make it heal faster.." You explained.

He laughed. "Well, my cut needs all the help it can get." You smiled at each other and kissed again.

That was the moment everything felt right again. The moment his gentle lips touched yours made you realise, he was the one you wanted to be with. He was there when you needed him, even if you didn't know.*It all makes sense now. I've fallen for him like his fallen for me. His the one who's helped me forget..maybe his the one I should always remember.*