`twenty nine.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 29 "Winning Howon's Trust"  

“You have got to be kidding me.” Howon snarled at our favorite couple.

Yoona flinched slightly at his harsh tone.

The sun was already up when the couple arrived at Myungsoo and Howon’s place. And just like when Myungsoo came back, Howon didn’t greet them warmly.

“Oh c’mon, hyung. She doesn’t have anywhere else to stay.” Myungsoo tried to sweet-talk him.

“NO!”

Myungsoo heaved a deep sigh as he watched his hyung being a stubborn bull. Yoona kept her eyes on the ground while biting her lip.

“First it was you and now her. Just what the hell are you thinking?!” Howon yelled at the younger lad.

“Didn’t I tell you? I’m going to quit being a thief and start a real life.”

Howon gave the two a look. “With her?” He pointed at Yoona while making a face.

“Yes.” Myungsoo softly gazed at Yoona who’s still looking at the ground.

Howon let out an exasperated sigh before he ruffled his hair, making it all tangled up. He paced around the living room before finally agreeing. “Fine. She can stay here. But if I ever hear a police siren, you’ll be on your own, Kim Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo’s lips broke into a grin. “Thanks hyung! And don’t worry. She won’t tell on us.”

Howon raised an eyebrow at Yoona, which she nodded in reply.

“Cross my heart.” She crossed her chest with her finger and smiled at Howon.

Howon grumbled before making his way to his room at the second floor.

“Is he always grumpy like that?” Yoona whispered to Myungsoo once Howon’s out of sight.

“Kind of.” He shrugged. “C’mon. Let me show you your room.” Myungsoo smiled at her and pushed her toward the stairs.

 

“Welcome to our room!” Myungsoo chimed when they both reached a room on the second floor.

The room was quite big with sky blue painted walls and white window and door frames. There’s a bed on one side of the room and a desk topped with papers and more papers attached on the wall on the other side.

“Wait, ‘our’ room?” Yoona couldn’t help but to gape.

Myungsoo nodded, “Yeah. We only have two rooms here, and since Howon hyung seems to dislike you, I think you should stay with me.” He finished off grinning.

Yoona gaped at him. They’re not even married yet and he asks her to sleep in the same room as him? Is that even legal?

“Don’t look at me like that. I won’t do anything weird to you. Promise.” He held out his pinky for her.

That just proves that you ARE having weird thoughts. She frowned, but then laced her own pinky with his’.

“I can’t do anything to you anyway since Howon’s room is right next to ours.” He shrugged with a playful smile on his face.

“Yah!” Yoona smacked his arm lightly, which made him let out a laugh.

 

After he helped her unpack her luggage, the two head straight to the kitchen only to notice that there’s nothing in the fridge. Not even an egg.

“Looks like we have to go shopping.” Myungsoo sighed as he closed the fridge. “Otherwise we’re stuck with those Chinese food that Howon always orders.” He said with a tinge of disappointment.

Yoona stifle a chuckle. “You don’t like Chinese food?”

“No, I like them. It’s just that, he ALWAYS orders it.” He made a face at her.

“Maybe he wants to be Chinese.” Yoona joked and pulled him with her. “C’mon. Let’s go to the market.” She chuckled and left her new home with Myungsoo.

 

On the contrary, it was a chaos in the Im residence. Unlike the usual peaceful days the security team members had, they’re running around the place under Mr. Im’s orders.

“Search the entire city. They can’t be that far.” Mr. Im paced around his study room.

“Right away, sir.” A tall blonde man bowed his head slightly to the older male.

The moment Mr. Im watched his own daughter running away from home, he felt like his life had been reduced for 10 years. He knew that she loves Myungsoo, but he didn’t know that she would do something like eloping with that man.

Oh the rage he had last night. Everybody gave him a confused look while some others gave him a sympathetic smile. There has to be rumors floating around the next day. But none of that concerns him as his attention is focused solely on the runaway couple. The thought of his only daughter running away because of a boy truly breaks his heart and made him mad at the same time.

He called his private investigator right away, hoping that no one in the neighborhood would notice his appearance at the Im residence.

“Don’t l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter