`ten.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 10 "Dinner With The Chois"  

The past few days were peaceful and quiet at the Im's residence. Everyone's doing their daily routines like usual when the doorbell suddenly rang.

"I'll get it!" Sunny threw the dish rag she's been holding on and ran toward the speaker. "Who is it?"
"It's the Chois. Could you open the gate, please?" a deep voice replied.
"Oh! Of course." Sunny quickly pressed a button and soon, the huge double gate opened, letting the Chois' black Rolls Royce drove into the property.
"I wonder why Mr. Im suddenly invites us to his house." Minho said to his father while looking out of the window.
Mr. Choi shrugged. "Maybe he wants to talk about business or something. Speaking about business, I need to talk to you about the contract with Daeseong Inc.-" Mr. Choi kept talking about this contract deal thingy while Minho ignored him and continued to stare at the window boredly. All he talks about is business. He sighed.
The car soon stopped in front of the small doorsteps of the Im's residence. The driver got out from his seat and opened the back seat door for the Chois. Mr. Choi straightened his suit as soon as he got out of the car, followed by Minho from behind.
"Welcome to the Im's residence, Mr. Choi and young master Choi." Taeyeon bowed to the two guests as they walked into the mansion. She took their coats and hang them carefully in the coat room.

"Sooha!"
Mr. Choi and Minho look up only to find Mr. Im walking down the stairs from his room after the butler told him that his guests had arrived.
"Jinyoung-ah!" Mr. Choi walked up to him and give him a friendly hug.
Mr. Im broke the hug and his eyes soon met with Minho's. "And there's young master Choi." he teased.
"Good evening, Mr. Im" he smiled and bowed to him.
"Such a nice man you have here." Mr. Im nodded, impressed by how Minho had grown over the past years. He could still remember how when Minho used to be a trouble maker. Always making a mess here and there. But look at him now. He's smart, courteous and not to mention tall and handsome too.
Mr. Choi grinned from ear to ear from Mr. Im's compliment while Minho only gave him a polite smile. "So why did you invite us here this evening?"
Mr. Im shrugged. "I thought we could all have a nice, friendly chat over dinner. Since we haven't done that in a while."
"Sounds nice."Mr. Choi nodded. "Oh, where's Yoona? Is she having dinner with us too?" he asked when he realized that the prized jewel of the Im's residence wasn't there.
"She's in her room. Why don't you fetch her, Minho?"
Minho was taken aback by his offer. "Umm.." he glanced nervously at his father, who gave him a blank expression in return. "O-okay." With that, he went upstairs, toward Yoona's room.

Yoona was skimming through the internet that time, reading random news and e-mail offers from stores and such. She boredly check them one by one when someone knocked on her door. "Coming!" she shouted as she got up from her chair and closed her laptop down. She turned the knob and swung the door open. Soon her eyes grew big.
"Hey. Miss me?" Minho gave her a cheeky grin.
"Omo! Minho-yah!" without thinking, she gave him a great big hug.
Minho let out a chuckle as he patted her head. "Surprise~" he sang.
"When did you come back? Why didn't you text me? And what are you doing here at this time of the day?"
"Whoa there, slow down. I'll talk about all that later, okay?" Minho said as he broke the hug.
Yoona sighed. "Fine. But seriously, what brings you here?"
"Your father invited us for dinner. My dad is downstairs too."
"Dinner? He didn't say anything about dinner." she muttered.
Minho shrugged. "It was a sudden invitation. Anyway, you should change your clothes. I'm hungry." he said while rubbing his tummy in a cute way.
Yoona could only giggle seeing him this way. "Okay. Wait for a while, okay?"
"Okay." Minho smiled at her as she closed the door to change her clothes.
Minho looked around the hallway and his eyes travelled all the way from the nice vase on the old oak drawer to the grandfather clock at the end of the hall. 09.10 PM. He checked the time.
Just then, Minho heard some rustling noises from the guest room, which is right next to Yoona's room. Isn't that room supposed to be empty? He raised his eyebrows and walked toward the door. It couldn't be another kidnapper, right? He gulped and he could feel his palms getting sweaty all of the sudden. Just when he was about to open the door, Yoona came out of her room in her casual dress.
"Let's go down?" Yoona smiled at him.
"Sure." Minho curled up his fingers and went down with her, trying not too overthink about the possibilities of a kidnapper in that room.

Actually, all that rustling Minho heard was the sound of paper crumpling made by yours truly, Myungsoo.
So here's the entrance.. And there are 3 CCTVs installed around there. He scribbled into his black notebook.
He's been planning his next act ever since this morning. He already contacted his partner, Hoya about their next target. And as usual, Myungsoo does all the planning. His next target is again, a 24 karat diamond by some jewelry company on the outskirts of Seoul. He already have the floorplan in his phone. All he has to do now is to figure out how to turn off all those CCTV scattered all over the building for at least 20 minutes. Good thing he learned a few things about CCTVs ever since he's working with the Ims, so he'll figure it out sooner or later.
Hmm.. this is tricky.. He tapped his chin with his pen and sighed. He closed his eyes and furrowed them together, trying to get inspiration for the plan. But sadly, he couldn't come up with anything. Maybe I need something to drink. With that, he got up from his chair and head downstairs where t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter