`twenty three.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 23 "To Make Things Clear"  

We need to talk –Yoona

 

Minho was working as usual at his office when he received Yoona’s message. He let out a sigh and put his phone back into his pocket.

It’s been days and weeks since the last time he saw Yoona. The last time he saw her was when she left him, his father, and Mr. Im in the middle of a dinner. Since then, she hasn’t seen her nor contacted with her. And she’s supposed to be my fiancée. How ironic. He frowned and fish out his phone from his pocket, and starts typing a reply.

 

Minho kept looking at his watch as he tapped his foot impatiently while resting his head onto his palm. He and Yoona had made an appointment at a coffee shop near his office. He never stepped a foot inside this place before, but still they chose this place for a rendezvous.

A light ‘ding!’ could be heard from the door. Minho turned his face toward it and saw Yoona, making her way to his table.

“Hey. Have you waited long?” She took a seat across from him.

Normally, he would said something like, “Yes, you fool.”, being the impatient man he is. But of course, he would never say such a thing to Yoona. All of his negative aura dissipates quickly right after he saw her face. “No, not at all.” He faintly smiled.

“Would you like something to drink?” He offered.

“Oh, yes please.”

“The usual?”

Yoona chuckled and nodded.

He then called a waitress and ordered green tea latte for her.

“Minho, what happened that night…” She said, right after the waitress left their table. She bit her lip and has her fingers fiddling with each other under the table. She felt really bad for leaving him that night. Plus, she has some things she needs to clear up with him.

“It’s fine, really.” He cuts her off. “We, I mean my dad and me thought that you were nervous about all this, so he said that it’s all good.” He smiled. I know that something’s up with you, Yoon. But I just don’t know what.

“It’s not because I was nervous, Minho.” She frowned and deeply stares into his eyes. Okay, here comes nothing. She took a deep breath. “It was because of someone.” She emphasized on the ‘someone’ part.

Minho froze on his seat. He did suspect a few things like, not liking him, or maybe that she doesn’t wanna marry anyone. But never did he have the idea of her having some other special guy besides him in her life. “Do I… Do I know this someone?” He asked, not realizing the cold tone he used.

“Err… yes. You’ve met him.” She bit her lip harder, almost making it bleed.

Minho racked his brain to figure out who’s this mysterious guy is. “Oh my gosh, is it Luhan?” He whispered.

Yoona blinked. “Why are you whispering?” She raised her eyebrows. “But no, it’s not Luhan. It’s Myungsoo, my err... bodyguard.”

“Myungsoo?” Minho furrowed his eyebrows, trying to remember this guy named Myungsoo. And what did she said? He’s her bodyguard? Just then, a rather tall man dressed in an all-black tux, the one whom Yoona kept her eyes on during that party last time.

“Oh… that guy.” He finally said.

Yoona muttered a soft “Yup.”, while averting her eyes from his.

“So how… how long have you… you know?” He stuttered.

“Oh, a couple of weeks.” She said in a matter-of-factly way.

Minho weakly nodded and took a sip of his coffee as the waiter came with Yoona’s order.

“One green tea latte, enjoy.” She said before she left, leaving the two in silence.

Yoona sipped her drink when Minho decided to break the silence first by letting out a snort.

Yoona looked at him questioningly, as if asking, “Have you gone mad?”

“Congrats then.” He weakly smiled. “I never imagined you’d be the first one to date someone.” It’s because I always picture myself with you. Not just as friends, but as a lover.

“Really? And why is that?” She scrunched up her forehead with an interested smirk on her face.

Minho looked down with a sad smile playing across his lips. “You’re probably not aware of this, but I like you, Yoon. I like you for real.” He sounded hurt.

“I AM aware.” She sighed and gave him a sympathetic look.

Stunned, he looked up and met her eyes. She knows?

“I’m aware about your feelings toward me for quite some time, Minho.”

“Then… Then why…”

“I was scared, Minho.” She admitted. “I mean, what if things didn’t end up the way we want? I didn’t want things to change. I like what we have now, Minho. I don’t want a mere mistake to destroy it all.”

“But it won’t! It won’t be like that, Yoon!” He sounded a bit desperate now.

Yoona shook her head lightly. “We don't know about that. Anything could happen.” She doesn’t want to break his fragile heart, but sadly, it’s the bitter truth.

Minho looked like he could be crying any moment now. He had his eyes fixed onto his shoe, not having the courage to look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter