`nineteen.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 19 "Grab A Spoon"  

“Hey, let’s go have ice cream.”

Myungsoo calmly sips his delicious morning latte. Most people think that he’s a black coffee kind of person, but boy they’re wrong. He has a sweet tooth like no other. He the steamed milk that covered his lips in one swift move before wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

And don’t think that Yoona didn’t catch the sight of him his lips. She did, and she’s trying very very hard not to drool over it or even think about stuff because this isn’t a fic, okay? Yoona cleared and looked away from him, trying to think about something else.

“Sure. I love ice cream.” Myungsoo shrugged and put down his empty mug on the sink.

Yoona, who had her cheeks covered with her hands, turned her attention back to him.

“So are we going now or later?”

“N-now, of course.” She stuttered. I can’t believe it, he said yes! She grinned as her mind played back to what happened half an hour ago.

 

“Will you go out with me?” Nah, that sounds too forward.

“Are you free right now?” If I use this line he might ask me back and then I’ll stutter for sure and then he’ll throw his suspicions on me…

Yoona huffed in front of the mirror for the umpteenth time today. She’s been in this situation before and only now she realized that she’s just not good at asking a guy out. It’s not like she has never went out with a guy before. She has, but it was always Minho who came up to her and ask her out. It’s not a matter of pride, but a matter of wits and brains.

Yoona tapped her chin while pursing her lips, thinking up another clever line to use for asking Myungsoo for a date.

“Hey, let’s have a date!” …No. Just no.

 

Whatever happens, she already made up her mind. If he’s not gonna make the first move, then she will. No matter how awkward that sounds, she’s still going to do it.

Ms. Im, hwaiting! She mentally cheered for herself.

 

8 Scoops for ₩30.000

Yoona and Myungsoo are both staring at the poster ad in front of them.

“I can’t believe they’re doing this to us.” She mumbled.

“I know, right?” He mumbled back.

They’re standing in front of the ice cream parlor only to find the ad and a massive amount of people queuing outside the place.

“C’mon. Let’s queue.” Yoona grabbed him by the arm and dragged him toward the end of the long line.

“So what flavor are you gonna get? We have to pick out 8 flavors out of so many flavors!” She wiggled 8 fingers in front of his face.

Myungsoo stifle a chuckle watching her wiggling her fingers like that. “Let’s get vanilla.” He suggested.

Yoona made a face at him. “That’s so boring. Pick another flavor!”

“What? How can you say vanilla is boring? It’s a classic flavor!” Myungsoo retorted with a smile playing across his lips.

“That’s what makes it boring. C’mon, pick another flavor.”

Myungsoo heaved a sigh. “Fine. Hmm…” He tapped his chin and tried to think of an ‘exciting flavor’ or as she said it. “Chunky Monkey?” He said after browsing through the flavors the shop has to offer. To be honest, he doesn’t even know what flavor is that, but since it’s the one with the weirdest name that sounds edible, he decided to try that one. I don’t think ‘Roadkill’ is a flavor at all. He cringed slightly as his eyed the red-ish color of the said ice cream.

Yoona nodded excitedly, maybe TOO excitedly that made her head looks like it’s going to fall off. “That’s better. Now, 7 more to go!”

 

In the end, they get each scoop of Chunky Monkey, Copa Banana, Strawberry Cheesecake, Salt Caramel, Orange Sunset, Maple Bacon, the newest classic flavor, Cookies and Cream, and also, Roadkill.

Myungsoo face-palmed when they’re really getting the Roadkill flavor. It’s because she said it’d be interesting, so they’re getting it.

Yoona swings her legs while happily eating her ice cream. After they got their 8 scoops of the cold treat, they both decided to stop by at the park to enjoy their treat and maybe if they’re lucky, they’ll be able to watch someone ru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter