`twenty eight.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 28 "Somewhere Only We Know"  

Here I am, sitting in a bus next to Myungsoo. No, this isn’t a dream. He really is right beside me. He has one arm draped around my shoulder as the bus drives into the cold night.

“Are you cold?” He looked over to me and rubbed my shoulder.

I only shook my head.

He smiled affectionately and looked over to the window.

I just simply couldn’t believe what I’m doing right now. Here I am, running away from my engagement party, away from my family, and heading straight toward Myungsoo’s house. FOR GOOD.

 

It all started this afternoon in the Im residence.

Time flew by quicker than Yoona thought. In a blink of an eye, 3 weeks had past since Myungsoo left the residence. Her leg had also healed and the cast had been removed, so she’s now finally free to move. She should be happy, but how can she be when the person who makes her happy isn’t there?

Yoona walked out of the living room and into the garden. She snuggled into her jacket as her new bodyguard, Chanyeol follows her from behind.

“The sparrow has entered sector C. I repeat, the sparrow has entered sector C.” He spoke to his earpiece. But the thing is, he should’ve whisper into it, not saying it aloud.

Yoona could only smile and shook her head lightly.

Honestly speaking, Chanyeol is a great bodyguard. He’d stick by her side like glue and would sometimes make her laugh, being the clumsy guy he is. But even so, nobody could replace Myungsoo. He’s more than just a bodyguard to her.

Yoona sat down on a bench while Chanyeol stood behind her. She looked up to the sky and heaved a huge sigh. It’s been 3 weeks and you still haven’t come back. She held back her tears and closes her eyes this time.

It was only last week when she finally found out why Myungsoo had suddenly disappeared. It broke her heart when she found out the truth and since then, her relationship between her and Mr. Im had not been good. She’s completely mad at him and she refuses to speak with him in the mean time. And she’s got no other choice but to continue with the arranged wedding now that he’s MIA.

Tonight is the engagement party and Mr. Im had ordered Tao to maximize the security even way beforehand. That’s probably why Chanyeol had been sticking with her since this morning. But then again, he’s always like that.

Before she knows it, the sky had turned into the color Midnight Blue.

 

Yoona had changed into her dress and applied some make up too. She didn’t bother much about her hair and only pull it up into a bun.

“Knock knock.” Someone said from behind her.

Yoona turned to look at the owner of the voice. She smirked as she already had a guess at this person.

“Are you done yet? I swear your father could die from waiting too long.” Minho rolled his eyes.

Yoona chuckled. “And your father too, I’m guessing.”

Minho chuckled along with her and watched as she put on her earrings.

“Just tell him to wait a bit more. I hate it when he rushes me.”

“I already did! But he kept pestering me to go up here to check on you.”

Of course. She rolled her eyes.

When she’s finally done with her earrings, there was an awkward silence between the two.

“So I heard that he got fired?” Minho asked nervously.

“Who?”

“You know who. Don’t play dumb with me, Yoon.” He made a face at her.

Yoona let out a sigh and turned to face him. She looked into his eyes before giving him a weak nod. “How did you know?”

“I overheard it from your new bodyguard.” Minho pointed to the door where Chanyeol is standing in front of it.

“What? So he gossips?” Yoona narrowed her eyes at him in disbelief.

“How should I know?” Minho shrugged and let out a chuckle.

“That derp.” She mutters.

Minho looked at her reflection in the mirror, waiting for her to answer his question.

Yoona let out a sigh. “Dad found out about… you know, us. So he got mad and eventually had to send him away.”

Minho pursed his lips and nodded slowly. He kind of got the feeling that it was the reason. Mr. Im would never fire anyone. But he would if it’s regarding his precious da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter