`nine.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 09 "May Be"  

Just 2 hours left before the ball.
Myungsoo dried his hair with a towel. He just came out from the bathroom after a nice, long shower. He walked towards his small closet and scrutinize it. What to wear? What to wear? He picked up a dark navy blue jacket along with white linen shirt and put them in front of him as he checks himself in the mirror. It looks good on him. But it's a formal party, so it's definitely not acceptable to wear something as casual as those. Maybe something black. He threw the jacket and shirt away and rummaged his closet again. Once he found something, he checks himself out in the mirror. This time, it's a black shirt and a white blazer. He also took out a white bow-tie to match his outfit. He eyed himself in the mirror and frowned. No. Too gay. He shuddered and put the set of clothes aside. He really want to look his best for Yoona even though he's just a mere bodyguard. It's the very least I could do. He sighed. And so, he continued taking down his entire closet.

"I wish Ms. Im would take me to the ball" Woohyun sighed. (why does he sound like Cinderella here? lol.)
"I know right? Why does it have to be that sleazeball?" Sungyeol snorted.
"You know, bodyguard Kim will go to the ball even if Ms. Im didn't ask him to." Sunggyu reasoned, but the butlers ignored him.
"What's so good about him anyway?" Dongwoo pouted.
"Yeah. We're much better than him." Sungjong added.
The butlers kept talking when the devil suddenly appeared.
"Hey guys." Myungsoo smiled politely at them.
"Hey..." they all muttered.
"What are you guys doing?" Myungsoo asked, trying not to sound awkward. Even though Myungsoo had worked for the Ims for almost 3 weeks now, he never got along with the butlers. They seemed so... cold around him. Giving him glares and stares that are very uncomfortable. I wonder what I did wrong...
"Just chilling. Nothing you'd be interested at" Sungyeol coldly replied. (oh my myungyeol feels.. ;;)
"Okay then" Myungsoo put on a faint smile and walked to the cupboard to get a glass.
"I just wanted a drink, if you don't mind." he then filled the glass with water.
The butlers held back their snorts and watched him from behind. Gosh, even him drinking water is handsome. And they only watched him from behind. Imagine what he look like from up front.

"Oh? There you are"
Myungsoo and the butlers look up with their jaws open. Right in front of them stood Yoona, dressed in an elegant long white dress.
Yoona flashed a smile at them. "What are you guys doing?"
Myungsoo tried to speak, but all that came out from him was a bunch of inaudible murmurs. . Why does she have to be so pretty?
"O-oh.. We were just..." Dongwoo managed to stutter.
"Hanging around" Sunggyu complete his sentence. The others slowly nodded in unison.
"That's nice" Yoona smiled. She turned her attention from the butlers to Myungsoo who also had his attention on her. Oh my... Her eyes rounded slightly. It's her first time seeing him wearing something else than his bodyguard suit. Myungsoo wore an all black suit with a pinstripe jacket on the outside. He even had a white handkerchief stuck out from his pocket. He looked really fine tonight.
Yoona gulped. Gosh, he's too handsome to be a bodyguard! She quickly snapped out of her daze and cleared . "So, ready to go?"
"Sure" Myungsoo shrugged and put the empty glass down to the sink.
"Watch the house, okay?" Yoona smiled to the butlers and walk out of the kitchen, followed by Myungsoo.
"Have a nice evening, Ms. Im" the butlers replied in envy as they watched them go.

Mr. Im was already at the front door, occasionally glancing at his watch, waiting for his daughter to come out. Mr. Im looked up from his watch when Yoona and Myungsoo walked down the small steps at the front door.
"Dad" Yoona smiled at her father as they walked closer to him.
Mr. Im kissed her cheeks before he says, "Ready to go?" which Yoona nodded in reply.
"Oh, but where's your date?" Mr. Im curiously asked as he opened the car's door for her.
"Umm about that..." she bit her lip. "Myungsoo will be my date for tonight."
Mr. Im's eyes slightly rounded as those brown orbs moved toward Myungsoo. Myungsoo grew tense all of the sudden. His fingers found theirselves and fiddled with each other. Mr. Im scrutinized him from head to toe and nodded with an approving look on his face. "You look nice today, bodyguard Kim."
"Thank you, sir."
"Please take care of Yoona for me tonight." Mr. Im politely smiled, but somehow his smile didn't quite reached his eyes.
"Of course, sir." Myungsoo bowed slightly to him as they climbed into the car and head towards the venue.

As they arrived at the venue, a group of string quartet greet them with a soft tune. The place was filled with people and waiters in white running here and there, trying their best to serve the guests.
As usual, Mr. Im left Yoona alone, leaving her with Myungsoo as he went straight to his possé.
They stayed in their place for a moment in silence. They both fiddled with their fingers, not knowing what to say to each other.
"Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter