`fourteen.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 14 "Visiting"  

Myungsoo was walking down the stairs when he noticed something different about house today. He blankly stare straight ahead and blinked. It was quiet. Okay, maybe TOO quiet.
Where is everyone? Myungsoo tilted his head and walk towards the kitchen to find something to eat. His eyes grew larger when he saw nobody. Myungsoo checks the time on his old-leather wristwatch. 07:10 AM. That's weird. He cocked his head to the side. Usually the maids were busy cooking breakfast for all of them while the butlers would be running throughout the house, but now there's not a single soul in sight. I bet they're lazing around again. He sighed as he made his way to the lounge.
"Good morning." A voice behind him said.
Myungsoo, who was about to go to the lounge turned around and found Yoona, walking out from the dining room. "Good morning, Ms. Im." He did a courtesy, a habit he developed over the past months.
"I already heated breakfast. It's on the table." Yoona smiled at him.
"Wait, 'heated'? Not 'just cooked'?"
Yoona nodded while looking at him weirdly. "Well yeah. Today's chuseok, so the maids and butlers have all left to their hometown late last night."
Myungsoo's mouth formed an 'o'. No wonder the house is quiet today.
"You didn't know?" Myungsoo shook his head at her.
"That explains it." She shrugged. "I was wondering why you didn't ask for permission to leave like everyone else did."
"Well.. I'm not sure if you know about this, but-" Myungsoo cleared his throat. "I'm an orphan."
Yoona stare at him for a couple minutes before she finally spoke, "O-oh. I didn't know about that." She muttered while shifting uncomfortably in her stance. "I'm sorry."
Myungsoo softly chuckled. "Why are you apologizing?"
"I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable nor insecure with all this chuseok and family stuff." She avoided his gaze.
Myungsoo nodded. "Still, you shouldn't apologize, since it wasn't your fault that I'm an orphan, right?" he smiled at her.
Yoona smiled back at him. Somehow it feels good to know a bit of his past. It made her feel closer to him.
Myungsoo walked pass her toward the kitchen while Yoona trailed behind. Yoona sat on the empty stool by the kitchen's bar table. "So do you have any plans for today?"
Myungsoo shook his head and opened the cabinet.
"Then do you want to go somewhere with me?"
Myungsoo spun his body around with a cup in his hand. He blankly stare at Yoona's sparkling and excited eyes.

"Where are we going?" Myungsoo asked Yoona when they reached the train station.
They had to travel to wherever she's taking him with the train since Mr. Kim, the driver is on vacation.
"Daegu." Yoona shortly replied as she stand in line to buy some tickets for the both of them.
Daegu? "Why are you taking me there?" Myungsoo turned to look at her.
"You'll see." Yoona smiled at him, but somehow, there was also a glimpse of sadness tinted in her eyes. And Myungsoo couldn't help but to wonder why.
They then waited in silence for their turn at the ticket booth. It was quite a long line since it's a national holiday that day. Everyone wants to go for either a vacation or just to visit their families at the outskirts of the city. But for Yoona, it was neither of the options.
Yoona's skinny legs grew tired as she kept flexing her legs in order to ease the pain. Myungsoo noticed this and pushed her aside from the long line.
"Sit down. I'll buy the tickets for you."
"But-"
"Sit." He firmly said and pushed her toward the row of benches.
Yoona puffed her cheeks and slowly made her way to the bench and sit there like a good girl she is.
Myungsoo stiffle a chuckle and waited patiently. As he waited, he often glanced sideways toward Yoona, making sure that no one comes near her. He also noticed that she's been very quiet that day. Well, it's not like she's a chatty person to begin with, but she'd never only say a thing and then stay quiet the next hour. She's just not like that. She has her head hung low and looked deep in thoughts. I wonder what's wrong with her today. Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows as it's finally his turn to buy the tickets.
"May I help you, sir?" the ticket lady asked him politely.
"2 tickets to Daegu, please." Myungsoo smiled at her and reached for his wallet.

The ride to Daegu was silent, with both Yoona and Myungsoo lost in their own trail of thoughts. Yoona kept her eyes fixed onto the glass window ever since they boarded while Myungsoo sat next to her, wondering where she's taking them.
Daegu is beautifully covered with greeneries that turned slightly orange since autumn is on its' way. The river and lakes are crystal clear, revealing everything that's beneath them. All that's missing is a snow-capped mountain and then everything will be picture perfect.
After the silent train ride comes to an end, they quickly hopped onto the bus. The bus is far more crowded than the train. So they had to slip through people in order to find them some seats. Unfortunately, there was only one seat left. And worst of all, it's a "pregnant women only" seat.
"I can't sit there." Yoona had her eyebrows furrowed when she saw the sign.
But I can't let you stand up the whole ride. Especially when there are dogs around. He turned to glare at the men who are hungrily eyeing on her.
"Just sit. Nobody would figure it out." Myungsoo pushed her to sit down onto the seat, despite her protest.
"What if someone who's actually pregnant comes in?" Yoona said in a shushed tone, feeling scared as if she had done something terrible as murdering someone.
"Her luck, then." he shrugged. "Look, just sit here and relax, okay? I'll help you out if something goes wrong." With that, he straighten himself and stood beside Yoona when the bus finally moves.
"How long have you been pregnant?" the old lady beside Yoona asked.
Yoona spun her head toward her and eyed her in horror. What is she talking about? She turned to look at Myungsoo who give her 4 fingers to her.
"Err.. 4 months?" Yoona shyly smiled.
The old lady's mouth formed an 'o' and then she congratulate her. "Will this be your first born?"
"Yes. Yes it will." Yoona answered rather quickly. Stop being so nervous, Yoona!
The old lady's smile grew bigger as her eyes travelled up toward Myungsoo, who kept his eyes straight ahead.
"And is he your husband? He's very handsome." the old lady blurted.
Now this caught Myungsoo's attention. His eyes glanced sideways toward the two of them and listened carefully. Will she say yes, or no? The question resonate throughout his brain like an echo.
What should I say?? Yoona panicked. "Err.. Yes. Yes he is." She glanced toward Myungsoo whose eyes are now as wide as an owl.
Yoona caught his eye and only shrugged. I'm just playing along.
"Oh really? Congratulations to the two of you. I'm sure the baby will look just like you two." She said in awe, not even looking at Yoona and Myungsoo's shocked face.
Did she just ask us to make a baby? Myungsoo gaped at the old lady who is now enjoying the scenery outside the window.
Pretend this all never happened.. Yoona averted her eyes around the train when they suddenly landed on Myungsoo's deep brown orbs. She flinched a bit when their eyes met, but made no move to divert them elsewhere. Wow his eyes are amazing... She thought as she unconsciously stare deeper into his eyes. Yoona isn't the first who had been captivated by his dark brown orbs. Countless of girls had been captivated by them, therefore, they're his most prized posession.
Yoona finally snapped out of her daze, cleared , and finally look away from him.
Myungsoo just shrugged and looked straight ahead once again.

After half an hour ride on the bus, they finally drop off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter