`twenty.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 20 "Bella Notte"  

A ray of light shone from the gaps of the curtains that tried to cover the windows in our protagonist’s room. It’s 06.59 AM, just a minute before she has to get up and do her boring daily routines. Now, you’d think that she’s still curled up in her bed. Well, you’re wrong.

Yoona’s eyes were glued to the ceiling of her room ever since she plopped herself onto her bed. In short, she hasn’t slept a wink.

The scene of Myungsoo and she kissing kept playing in her head from who knows when. She broke into a grin that almost split her face into two and would occasionally let out a giggle like a fangirl. I can’t believe we’re a couple now… Couldn’t contain her overflowing happiness, she squealed while flailing aimlessly in her bed, making her bed sheets all crumply and messy. Just then, her alarm rang.

She stopped flailing and heaved a sigh before she turned off her noisy alarm. She then forced her body to sit up on her bed. “Urgh…” She groaned. Staying up all night long definitely has its’ own price: headache and body aches. She flexed her neck to left and right and she didn’t forget to stretch her arms too before going to take a nice, long shower.

 

Unlike our sleepless protagonist, Myungsoo slept really well that night. He even got up early today, which surprised the maids and butlers of the house.

So I’m the one she’s crushing all this time? Myungsoo is on his way for breakfast while his mind, like Yoona, couldn’t stop playing the scene from yesterday.

With a boyish grin and a smile, he skipped toward the kitchen, not minding the weird looks everyone is giving him.

“What’s wrong with you?” Sungyeol scrunched his face and gave him a look when he saw Myungsoo literally skipped toward the kitchen.

“Hm? Nothing.” His lips almost broke into a grin, but he managed to hold it in. Or so he thinks…

Something’s fishy… Sungyeol narrowed his eyes before he walked passed him.

Myungsoo just watched him walked away before he followed him to the kitchen to make coffee and wait for the maids to whip something up for all of them. He grabbed an empty cup from the cupboard and starts pouring the dark-brown liquid into his cup.

“Omo, good morning, Miss Im.” He heard one of the maids said form behind him.

Miss Im? She’s already up? Myungsoo spun around and was greeted with her smiling face. And of course, he couldn’t help but to also notice the dark circles around her eyes.

“Good morning, Miss Im.” He slightly bowed in front of her, holding back a smile.

Seeing him being formal like that, Yoona bit back her smile and gave him a nod instead. She then walked toward the cupboard and grabbed a cup herself.

Myungsoo just watched from her side and asked, “What are you doing?”

“Going to drink coffee” She looked at him and said in a-matter-of-factly way.

“But you don’t drink coffee.” He narrowed his eyebrows at her.

He expected for her to answer him, but he got a nonchalant shrug instead. He heaved a sigh and watched her as she poured the hot dark brown liquid into her cup and starts drinking it.

She groaned as the bitterness starts to kick in while Myungsoo chuckled beside her. By instinct, he pushed the sugar cubes jar and some creamer to her.

“Thanks” he heard her mumbled.

“You’re welcome.” He grinned and finished his coffee.

 

“Is it just me or are they getting a bit way too close today?” Dongwoo whispered to Woohyun’s ear

“And you, yourself is leaning way too close to me.” Woohyun whispered back to him, earning a questioning look from him.

Woohyun then briefly pointed toward the maids who are giggling at them.

Embarrassed, Dongwoo quickly steps back from Woohyun and scratched his neck while giving him a sheepish smile. “Sorry?”

Woohyun rolled his eyes and heaved a sigh before going back to work.

Meanwhile, Sungyeol who’s standing not far from them, was keeping his eyes on the lovebirds. He saw what Dongwoo and Woohyun saw, but he sensed something else, something that those two idiots couldn’t see. Hmm… so that’s how it is. He mentally nodded to himself when he saw Myungsoo gapes at how many sugar cubes she’s throwing into her cup.

 

“Where are you going?”

“To Minho’s office. Dad asked me to give him something.” She sighed. “I’m starting to think that I’m his personal mailman or something.” She snorted as she reminded the last time she went there.

Myungsoo’s lips turned into a sour frown when he heard that she’s going into the billionaire’s lair. He’s not the slightest bit happy about it. Not because he’s scared of losing her, but it’s… it’s a guy thing, okay?

“Okay. But I’m coming with you, right?”

“Urm…” She bit her lip.

Myungsoo heaved a sigh. Honestly, he saw this coming since the last time she went there, he wasn’t allowed to go inside the building. “It’s fine, really. I’m fine.” He patted her head and noticed how soft her hair is. “It’s the master’s order, so not going shall it be.” He said in a funny way which made Yoona laughed. She’s not even shy enough to cover from laughing too hard.

Seeing her laugh freely like that in front of him made him laugh too. Seriously, her laugh virus is contagious, he thought. And so, our female protagonist left to see her oh-so-lovely husband-to-be.

While she was away, Myungsoo tried very hard not to think about the possibilities of what’s going on there. He might jump at her… He thought for the umpteenth time on that day and heaved a sigh while staring blankly into space. Feeling bored after an hour staring into nothing at the security monitors, he decided to sit down at his favorite place, the garden. Watching how the clouds fly around the blue sky and how the golden colored trees looked like they’re popped out from a painting. His eyes then landed to Mr. Kim, the gardener we love so much, who’s busy changing the fertilizer with a spade in his hand. Myungsoo smiled at the scene, oblivious that someone is approaching him.

“Hey, anything interesting lately?” Sungyeol plopped himself down on the empty space right next to Myungsoo.

Surprised, Myungsoo turned around and faced him, who’s drinking a can of orange juice and made himself comfortable there.

“Urh… I’m sorry, what?”

Sungyeol shifted himself on the bench to face him. “Look, no need to pretend with me. I know that something happened between you and Ms. Im.”

Myungsoo felt his eyes almost pop out from their sockets. What the?

“Oho, it’s obvious, really. Well, at least for me.” Sungyeol shrugged and sipped his orange juice once again.

“It is?”

Sungyeol gave him a nod before he finishes his juice and threw the can into the bin. “Bull’s eye.” He smirked.

“So, does everyone know? About me and her?” Myungsoo felt his heart racing twice from its’ normal speed. Gosh, what have I done?

“I don’t know about the others. They seem to be oblivious about that.”

Myungsoo let out a relieved sigh. Just when he’s about to relax, another thought bothered him. What if he decides to spill this to Mr. Im? He started to panic on the inside, while his eyes were fixed onto his shiny black loafers. “Y-you… are you going to say about this to Mr. Im?” He nervously asked.

Sungyeol just blinked at him and gave him a weird look. “No. Of course not.” He said after a while.

Once again, Myungsoo heaved a relieved sigh and mumbled, “Thanks.”

“No prob.”

Myungsoo gave him a sideway glance and wondered to himself. Why would he cover for me? I thought those butlers hate me. He frowned.

“Don’t worry. I support you all the way.” Sungyeol said to him while doing a ‘fighting’ pose.

“Why, though? I thought you guys have a crush on her or something like that.” Myungsoo finally asked. He just couldn’t find the right reason for Sungyeol to support him even though he hated Myungsoo.

“Nooo it’s not like that at all.” Sungyeol flailed his hand in front of Myungsoo. “I mean, we do like her, but not in that way. She’s like our- how should I say this… Idol?”

“Idol?” Myungsoo repeated his sentence while raising his eyebrows.

Sungyeol nodded and continued, “We idolize her like those fanboys ogling over female groups you see on TV, shaking their butts and stuff-” Myungsoo covered Sungyeol’s mouth, not letting him finish his sentence.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter