`sixteen.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 16 "Tie-ing The Knot"  

The crisp Autumn air blows through the window, making the pale blue curtain sway rythmically with the wind. Myungsoo closed the window. He walked back to the full-length mirror installed into his armoire. He fixed his coat and then grabbed his tie, the one that Yoona bought for him. His fingers stopped fixing the satin-blue tie as he stare into his own reflection in the mirror while his mind played a certain scene.

                           She glanced back to Myungsoo and smiled before she turned her attention back to the blue tie. Yoona was about to grab the tie when someone else took it first.
He noticed that Yoona's staring at someone, or something. 'What is she looking at?' He stopped his tracks when he's right behind her. He followed her gaze and saw the blue-satin tie on the man's hand. Myungsoo glanced at her and saw her pouting face. 'She must've wanted that tie.'
                           Myungsoo saw her eyes rounded when she saw the tie right there, in front of her eyes. "But how?" He heard her mutter. 'You can thank me later.' Myungsoo smiled.
Without hesitation Yoona grabbed the tie and take a look at it. She checks the tie if it's damaged or not. When she's satisfied with it, she put it along with the other clothes and skipped happily toward the cashier. Myungsoo just shook his head and followed her from behind.                              

Myungsoo's lips formed a smile from the short flashback. His fingers finished tying the blue tie onto the collar of his pristine-white shirt. Satisfied, he walked out of his room and head downstairs.
The Ims have a function party to attend, and Myungsoo once again have to come with them, to protect the princess. It's nothing big, he's now used to attending parties he's not invited to and get mistaken as one of the guests.
When he reached downstairs, he was greeted by the sight of Mr. Im and Yoona. They're both sitting on the sofa, waiting for the car to arrive.
"Good evening, Mr. Im, Ms. Im." He did a courtesy.
"Good evening." Yoona smiled at him, whilst Mr. Im just stayed silent, he's too busy working something onto his iPad.
Yoona wore a red dress with a stunning diamond neck piece hanging onto her perfectly sculpted neck. Attached on her wrist is the bracelet she got as a souvenir from her father. Myungsoo made his way onto the couch and stood next to where Yoona is sitting.
Myungsoo watched her expression, waiting for her to see the tie he's wearing. Will she see it? Will she be surprised? Will she be happy? He tried to hide his excited grin, but it came out as a creepy smile instead.
"What?" Yoona squinted her eyes at him.
Myungsoo's creepy smile died down. "N-nothing." He mumbled and looked away, scratching his head. She didn't see it... He sighed in disappointment.
Yoona shrugged and was about to look elsewhere when something caught her attention.

                         Just then, something caught her eye and made her stopped her tracks. In front of her, a blue-satin tie was hung nicely on the tie rack. 'That's nice.' She glanced back to Myungsoo and smiled before she turned her attention back to the blue tie. 'Yep. This is the one. Blue suits him better.'

He's wearing it. She smiled to herself. "Nice tie."
Myungsoo had his eyes on her again and saw her secretly winking at him. She saw it?
Yoona didn't say anything else and she had this secretive smile on her face.
"C'mon, Yoona. Mr. Kim is here." Mr. Im stood up and straighten his classy black suit.
Yoona and Myungsoo followed him out and into the car.

"Hey, glad you could come." Minho flashed his adorable smile at his best friend.
"Of course I'd come." Yoona lightly punched his arm.
Minho let out a chuckle, followed by the two elders standing behind them.
"They grew up so fast, don't they?" Mr. Choi sighed as he watched the two's interaction.
"Yes they do, Sooha." Mr. Im sighed with him.
"I think we need grandchildren. We're already so old, Jinyoung. At least let me hold my granchildren before I die."
"Aboji, please don't start again with the grandchildren thingy." Minho pleaded with his eyes.
"Okay, okay." Mr. Choi backed away. "I'll just walk somewhere with Jinyoung. Kaja." He rested his arm onto Mr. Im's shoulder and the two walked away, leaving the childhood friends alone, plus Myungsoo.
"What's up with your dad?" Yoona looked questioningly at her best friend.
"He's just getting old, that's all." Minho shrugged. His gaze moved toward Myungsoo, who's been standing right behind Yoona ever since they stepped foot inside the venue. His eyebrow found each other when he saw him. Who's he?
Yoona noticed his stiffen expression and followed his gaze. "Oh I almost forgot. Minho, meet Myungsoo, my bodyguard. Myungsoo, he's Choi Minho, my best friend."
Myungsoo already knew that, but he felt relieved know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter