`seventeen.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 17 "Realizing This New Fact"  

"The Choi Securities' CEO's son and Im Minings' CEO's daughter to tie the knot.”

 

“Not this again…” Yoona slumped onto the couch with the newspaper in her hands.

The news of her engagement with Minho spread like wildfire, making front-page news in every newsstand and it even made it into the gossip talk show on TV. They got featured on the Hot Clicks segment.

Just what am I going to do?? Yoona felt like screaming into her head.

Just then, Taeyeon came into the living room and brought her a cup of tea. “Are you okay, Miss?” She asked once she set the tea down onto the coffee table.

Yoona lowered the arm that was covering her face and then shot a look at her.

Okay, I’m taking that as a no. Taeyeon gulped.

 

Meanwhile, the butlers and maids are having a heated discussion about the matter also.

“Can you believe it? They say they’re going to get married at the end of the year!” Sunny read the article in her tabloid.

“But out Agassi is so young! She can’t get married yet!” Sooyoung pointed.

“Well at least it was young master Choi who got engaged to her and not someone else.” Jessica said.

“Ditto.” Tiffany seconds the motion.

“Young master Choi or not, they can’t take away her happiness like this!” Sungyeol protested.

“Yeah. She hasn’t been smiling ever since last night!” Woohyun added.

“We want our young miss back!” Dongwoo threw a punch in the air.

 

The loud chattering of the two sides resonates through the kitchen, where Myungsoo is at. He was getting something to drink when he heard all the ruckus. Just what are they up to this time? He sighed and made his way toward the staff room.

To his surprise, Taeyeon and Sunggyu was standing at the doorway, watching the huge mess in front of them.

“What are you guys doing here?” Myungsoo curiously asked them.

“Oh hey. We’re just watching them.” Sunggyu explained without taking his eyes off of the sight.

“Same here.” Taeyeon added.

Myungsoo then gazed toward the maids and butlers who are now having a verbal fight.

“Just what are they arguing?” He couldn’t help but ask since all he could hear is loud screaming and muttering noises.

“You know, the engagement.” Taeyeon shrugged nonchalantly.

Myungsoo’s body stiffened when he heard the word “engagement”.

 

                "We, from SK Communications would like to congratulate the happy couple, Mr. Choi Minho from Choi Securities and Ms. Im Yoona from Im Minings for their engagement! Congratulations!" He clapped his hands, followed by the guests that already had their attention on the possibly-engaged couple.

                Myungsoo couldn't believe his eyes and ears right now. Part of him wants to be ignorant, but he knew better that he couldn't just ignore something as important as this. He's now eye-to-eye with Yoona, who seems to be pleading with her eyes. With great strength, Myungsoo flashed her a faint smile that doesn't reach his eye. He could saw Yoona's eyes stare into his in horror. He doesn't know why he's doing this. I'm only hurting myself in the end. And probably her too... He touched the blue-satin tie Yoona gave him. With that, Myungsoo walked out of the room, leaving Yoona, who is now surrounded by the guests who tried to congratulate them, behind.

 

Myungsoo’s lips formed a frown as the flashback ended.

The verbal fight goes on and the two leaders could only shake their heads in disapproval.

“Well, contact me if they’re starting to point guns at each other.” He patted Sunggyu’s shoulder before turning back toward the kitchen.

Just then, his phone vibrated in his pocket. Startled, he rummaged into his pocket and took his phone out. It was a call from his comrade, Hoya, or Lee Howon. He moved toward the corner of the room before pressing the green icon on the left and put the device onto his ears.

“Hello? What is it?” He spoke.

“Hey. I heard your princess got engaged.” He could tell that Howon is grinning right now even though he couldn’t see him.

“How did you know?”

“It was all over the news. Even got into Entertainment Weekly during the Hot Clicks segment.” He explained.

“Entertainment Weekly? Really, Howon?”

“What? Park Eun Yeong is pretty!”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

“Anyway, what are you gonna do now?” Howon asked.

“What do you mean?”

“Oh c’mon Myungsoo. I know you have something going on with her.” He demanded.

Myungsoo sighed in defeat. He knew he wouldn’t win against Howon right now because all he said just now is the truth.

“Well, nothing happened between us.” Yet.

Howon whistled through the line. “Does that mean something will happen?”

“I don’t know.” Myungsoo shrugged. The sight of Yoona and Minho from last night flashed through his mind. “Look, can we just stop talking about this?” He suddenly had a headache, so he started massaging his temples.

“Okay, okay.” Howon chuckled while Myungsoo grumbled. “How’s the investigation going so far?”

Myungsoo stopped massaging his temples. “Investigation?”

“Yeah. You know, that piece of jewel you were talking about last month?”

Myungsoo closed his eyes shut, trying to remember what his comrade-slash-best friend is talking about.

 

Myungsoo turned his head back again as he grabbed a random book. The book cover was made out of worn-out brown leather, a sign th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter