`epilogue.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Epilogue "L's Beginning"  

The last year of my high school days. The air is getting damper by the day. It looks like the monsoon season is on its way. I yawned for the umpteenth time for the day.seriously, damp air and me just don’t click at all.

“Pay attention, Mr. Kim.”

I looked up to see my teacher glaring at me in front of the class. I could hear some of my classmates giggling while some girls sighed dreamily.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized. Meh. Sorry, not sorry at all.

The teacher cleared his throat and continued his lecture.

I heaved a sigh and rubbed my sleepy eyes. What a boring day it is today. Too normal, not enough abnormalities. I poked my eyes and tried to concentrate my mind to the lesson, only to find my eyes fluttering close.

 

The day went by quickly. I probably felt that way because I fell asleep the whole day. Hey, it’s not my fault that the teachers are boring.

“Myungsoo oppa~”

“Oppa, you’re so handsome.”

“Please marry me, oppa!”

The girls who flocked around me chimed.

These girls seriously need to get a life. I thought as I closed my locker and carelessly sling my backpack while walking toward the school’s entrance. I mean, don’t they have homework to do and review their lessons? I ignored each and every one of them as I start to walk back toward the foster house.

Yes, foster house. I’m an orphan after all. 5 times got adopted, 6 times got returned, if that makes sense to you. In other words, nobody wants me.

 

“I’m back.” I shouted when I finally reached the foster house. I took off my shoes and placed it neatly in my share of the shoerack before stepping a foot to the living room.

“There you are Myungsoo.” I heard my guardian spoke.

I looked up to meet her gaze and noticed that Hyunmin is sitting next to her. I frowned at the sight of him.

For those who didn’t know who this Hyunmin guy is, he’s my nemesis, as you might call it. I don’t know why but he likes to bully me and made me look like the bad guy. And the worst part is that my guardian believed every lie he spouts!

“Are you looking for me, Mrs. Lee?” I politely spoke as I walk toward the two of them by the couch.

“Yes. Please sit down, Myungsoo.”

I sat down as I was told.

“Is there something wrong, Mrs. Lee?” Funny how I kinda know where this conversation is going. I wanted to roll my eyes, but I held it in.

Mrs. Lee cleared before she spoke, “Hyunmin here reported that he lost his headphone. Have you seen it?”

“No, Mrs. Lee. I haven’t seen it.” Heck, I don’t even know what they look like.

“Liar.” Hyunmin spoke.

Mrs. Lee heaved a sigh. I got a feeling that she has got enough of this. “Hyunmin said that he saw you taking his headphone from his room without his permission.”

I frowned. “But I really didn’t take anything, Mrs. Lee.” I calmly replied. Seriously, this kid is something.

“I saw you coming out from my room!” Hyunmin pointed out.

One, two, three, four, five… I counted in my brain as I slowly exhaled. Do not make things worse, Kim Myungsoo. Do not make things worse. I tried not to burst out of anger.

“If it wasn’t you then who was it that I saw?” Hyunmin added.

Oh I don’t know. Your imagination? I wish to say to him.

Mrs. Lee heaved a sigh for the second time. “I hate to do this Myungsoo, but you have to clean the courtyard for this.”

“I told you I didn’t do it.” I nearly growled at her, feeling sick of this whole lying game.

“Enough.” She snapped.

She massaged her temples when she’s finally feeling a bit calmer. “Hyunmin, why don’t you go to your room?”

Hyunmin nodded and made his way upstairs, where his room is at. Of course, he didn’t just go up there without kicking my feet first.

“Ack!” I muttered and rubbed my feet.

“And you,” she eyed me. “When will you ever stop this act, huh?”

I didn’t say anything as I kept my head down.

“You only got a few months before you’re finally out of the system. Can’t you at least do something good for once?”

She left me to clean the courtyard after saying those words. If only she knows the truth. That I’m not the bad person. That the bad guy was right there by her side all along. But it looks like she won’t find out. Ever.

 

6 months later.

“Take these out, will you?”

“And don’t forget to take out the trash after that!”

“Right away!” I yelled on top of my lungs in the super crowded kitchen. I then took the tray and carefully got out of the room, so that not a drop of wine would spill.

The life outside the system is harder than I thought it would be. I couldn’t go to college unlike everybody else and thus stuck by doing countless part-time jobs that would take me in. And let me tell you, the paycheck , but it’s enough to feed me and pay the rent.

“Pinot Noir, gentlemen?” I spoke as I approached a group of middle-aged men.

Two of the three gents picked up a glass each, lifting away the heavy weight of the silver tray on my hand.

With that, I went back to the kitchen to put down my tray and… what was it again? Oh right, take out the trash. Awesome.

 

“Gosh who knew those rich seals could eat this much cheese and drink so much wine?” I muttered to myself as I throw two bags of trash filled with empty wine bottles and cheese left-overs.

I pat my hands clean after I closed the huge waste bin at the back of the exhibition centre.

They’re having a jewelry exhibition tonight. I don’t know much about jewelries, but boy do they bling so much from the limelights. I don’t even wanna know how much they worth. Just the thought of it makes me cringe.

Just then, I heard something rustling nearby. I looked up and saw a man dressed in an all-black clothing. He also had a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter