`eight.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 08 "Date"   Yoona woke up by the sound of the buzzing alarm clock on her bedside table. She turned it off and stretched her slender arms with a yawn escaped from . She got up from bed and made her way to the windowsill, something that she does for the past few weeks. Did he send me one today? She bit her lip and searched for a piece of paper that might stuck on the tree branch. But there was none. The smile on her face slowly fell. He didn’t send any today. She sighed and turned around to go to the bathroom.
Suddenly, a gush of wind blew past the window. It was carrying a piece of paper. The paper landed just in front of Yoona. She almost stepped on it, but luckily her eyes caught the familiar thing on the ground. Her eyes rounded as she picked it up. How did this get here? She turned around, but there was no one by the window. A smile formed upon her face once again as excitement gushed through her veins. She read the content of the paper, with her smile getting wider and wider every second.

                                                                                           “Roses are red
                                                                                          Violets are blue
                                                                                    You just get out of bed
                                                                              I can’t wait to see you again”
                                                                                                                                    –L

Yoona let out a chuckle after reading the sweet note. To tell you the truth, she’s been getting these kinds of poems from him for the past week. They’re not as good as Shakespeare’s, but they’re getting better and better each day, she noticed. She folded it back carefully and stuff it in her secret stash, along with the other poems he sent her. With that, she went to take a nice long shower.

With a smile, Myungsoo turned off the electric fan he had borrowed from the supply closet and put back his notebook into the drawer. He had been practicing his poetry skills the past week by sending them secretly to the princess’ room. It wasn’t hard, compared to the first time he climbed up the tree and greeted her from the window. This time, he didn’t need to do all that. He’ll just sneak into her room and stuck a note onto a branch. Simple as that. But today, he tried a different attempt. Using the power of the wind to send her the note. And luckily it worked. I bet she’s grinning from ear to ear right now. He let out a chuckle as he prepared himself for today’s duty.

“Party again?” Yoona sighed and made a face at her dad.
Mr. Imand Yoona are in the dining room, eating today’s breakfast: egg toast and bacon, while Myungsoo stood at the corner of the room, guarding Yoona as he was told to do.
“Yes. Tomorrow night, at the Lotte Hotel’s grand ballroom. Dress up nicely, okay dear?” Mr. Im drank his orange juice.
Yoona sighed and slumped at her seat. Party, party, party. Is what all rich people ever do. Yoona took a bite of her toast.
Myungsoo’s eyes perked with the mention of the word ‘party’. Does that mean all the rich seals will be there? His eyes glittered in excitement. This will be fun.
“Oh and, don’t forget to bring a date” Mr. Im winked at her.
Yoona’s jaw practically hit the floor. “Date?”
“Well of course. Every princess needs a date at the ball, right? You know, like Cinderella” he chewed his bacon.
“Hmm.. I prefer the word ‘’ rather than ‘date’”
“Whatever. Just bring someone with you.”
Yoona sighed in her seat and continued to eat her breakfast.
Hmm.. I wonder whom she’ll take. Myungsoo’s eyes wandered to where Yoona is. He watched her lazily eating her eggs. Meh. Why do I care anyway? He mentally shrugged and look around somewhere else.

Breakfast finally ended. Mr. Im went straight to his work room, while Myungsoo and Yoona went strolling around the garden.
They didn’t spoke a word to each other. To be honest, Myungsoo thought she’d talk to him about whom she’d take to the ball and all that girl stuff, but no. She preferred to stay quiet about it and think about it silently inside her head. Myungsoo is itching to ask by now. Patience, Myungsoo. Curiosity killed the cat. He’s now fiddling with his fingers. He kept an eye on her, who is now tracing the roses with her fingers. She’d let out a smile every now and then. Myungsoo unconsciously gulped.
“So, who are you going to take to that ball?” his curiosity finally got the best of him.
Yoona spun her head around to face him. “What?” Obviously shocked by his oblivious question.
“I said, who will you be taking to that ball?” he tried to sound cool.
“Minho, of course.” she shrugged, not noticing Myungsoo’s eyes that grew slightly larger.
Minho? Who the hell is Minho? He doesn’t know why he’s feeling frantic right now, but all he knows is that he got a feeling he won’t like this Minho guy at all. “Umm.. May I ask who is he to you?” he carefully asked, not wanting to sound possessive and all. Shut up, you stupid mouth! He caught Yoona’s weird expression and quickly added, “Because you know, I’m your bodyguard and I think I should know what your relation is with your …‘date’”
“He’s my best friend.” she shrugged. “I always go to those kinds of events with him, so don’t you worry. He won’t do anything bad to me.” she gave him a reassuring smile.
“Oh. I see.” Myungsoo let out a soft sigh, feeling relieved somehow. A smile slowly crept up upon his emotionless face. Too bad Y
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter