`chuseok special.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chuseok Special Chapter *this chapter doesn't relate to future chapters, so feel free to skip this chapter  

It was another quiet morning here, at the Im Manor. Myungsoo snuggled to the soft material of the duvet and let out a sigh. I wish every single day could be like this.. He smiled while his mind starts drift back to sleep. Just when he thought he could have a peaceful morning, there was a loud cluttering sound downstairs.
Myungsoo groaned into his pillow. Just what the hell is going on down there? Can't I have just one day of peace and quiet? Is that too much to ask?? He screamed into his head that's slowly pounding. He rubbed his temples as the sound gets louder. A headache in the morning. Hmm.. Awesome.
"Argh!!!!" He yelled, couldn't take it anymore. He angrily got down from his bed, slipping into his slippers and made himself out of his room.

"Uhh, how do you do this?" Yoona muttered to herself. She's trying to make herself breakfast since the maids and butlers were still on holiday and apparently they forgot to prepare one more breakfast for her. How hard could it be? was the first thought that came up to her head when she opened the empty fridge. She never cook before –thanks to over-protective dad who told her the dangers of knives and stoves and how black moss could kill you in an instant– but after spending time watching Masterchef Korea, it looks not as dangerous as he had warned. But it looks like cooking is more than just mixing and adding things into a bowl. There's also frying and cracking eggs that she failed miserably. Her face has flour smear onto it, her apron has yellow sploches due to the egg yolks, and the counter... It's a disaster; it's as if the Hiroshima bombing happened again right there in her kitchen. I should never enter the kitchen again.. She made a mental note to herself while staring at the mess she had made.
"What the hell is going on??" Myungsoo asked rather harshly to her.
Yoona spun around, facing the grumpy bodyguard. "I umm.. I was cooking" She let out a sheepish smile.
Looking at her unusual messy face, his grumpiness evaporated. Figures. The princess never goes into the kitchen on her own. He heaved a sigh as his eyes travelled to the counter. He could only cringe when he looked at the mess in front of him, especially that gooey black stuff on the plate that glistens from the light. Oh my God, did I just say "glisten"? He could feel the inside of his stomach crawling up to his throat. "Why didn't you just heat something up?" He said, after he managed to gulp it down.
"I would, but the fridge's empty." She briefly pointed at the fridge. "They forgot to make today's breakfast."
Myungsoo nodded and sighed. Those clumsy fools. He mentally shook his head while in the back of his mind, the scene where the maids and butlers always goof around, played. He then stepped up to her and gently pushed her aside. "Obviously you can't cook, and I don't want us both to die because of that." He pointed at the gooey black stuff that made him want to hurl earlier. "So I'll cook, while you sit there." He pointed to the empty stool by the bar.
Yoona gave him a pout, but she obeyed anyway. She dragged her feet to the bar and sat down onto one of the stools available. She then propped one elbow to the counter and rested her chin there, her eyes watching Myungsoo.
Myungsoo let out a chuckle and fasten a new, clean apron onto his waist. He turned his body around and faced the remains of the cruel bombing of the kitchen counter. With both of his hands on his hips, he sighed. "This could take a while..."

"Wow you're such a great cook." Yoona praised her bodyguard as she took another bite of her cheese omelette.
"I know." He smirked and ate his share.
Yoona clicked her tongue and gave him a look. "You're so cocky."
"I know." His smirk has now turned into a smile.
Yoona let out a snort and continued to eat.
Myungsoo let out a chuckle as he watched her eat. You're so cute, sometimes, you know that? With that, he continued eating his breakfast also.

After breakfast, they were clueless on what to do next, so after they cleaned up the table and did the dishes, they both just stare at each other, brainstorming on what to do for the rest of the day.
"What do you usually do on your free time?" Yoona asked him.
He shrugged. "I don't know. Protecting princesses?" He joked.
"Haha. Very funny." She threw a cushion at him, but he swiftly dodge it.
Myungsoo wiggled his index finger at her. "Sorry there, princess. But I'm much faster than- uff!"
Yoona slyly took the chance of him boasting about himself and hit him in the face with another cushion. "What was that you're about to say?" She grinned triumphantly at him.
Myungsoo gave her a look. "Nothing." He gave up. "Hmm, let's see. What else do I like aside from protecting princesses?" He pretended to think.
Yoona rolled her eyes. This guy.. She knows that he's doing that on purpose.
"I like watching movies. I like playing guitar, and also photography."
Yoona nodded. Those things sounds doable. "Wait here, okay?" She then fled from the living room.
Myungsoo blinked. "Where is she going?" He shrugged.
After a while, Yoon came back with a tall pile of DVDs. Myungsoo's eyes grew big looking at the pile in her hands. She looked like she needs help with it.
"What are those?" He said when he took the pile from her and placed it on the coffee table.
"Movies. You said you like watching movies, so I collected some from our private theatre." She smiled innocently at him.
Right. Of course. You have your own theatre inside this palace. He got to admit, he's still amazed by the Ims' wealth and how this huge mansion has to offer. They have a private gym, private pool, private theatre, private ballroom, private library, private garden, private beach, etc in this house. What's next? Private mall in the house? Well, the Ims does own a mall, but not in the house, so it's close enough.
"What should we watch first?" She said as she happily rummaged through the pile. Through Myungsoo's eyes, she looked like a kid who's trying to choose which candy should she eat first.
Myungsoo smiled at the thought and joined her. He pick up the thin DVD cases one by one and scanned each and every title written on its' cover. He then realized that the movies she picked were all romcoms. Now, he may look like a guy who enjoys action movies, but the truth is that he likes romcom. He never liked action movies. He think that action movies are brutal, with all the bombing, car chasing and crashes and such. So much for being a thief. He mentally shook his head.
They have quite a good collection here. He thought as he carefully browsed through the pile. They have the newest to the oldest romcom movies. Some he had already watched, and some he never got the chance to watch. As Good As It Gets. His favorite movie –actually, it's Chanyeol's favorite movie XD. I haven't watched this in a while. He stared at the cover quite a long time when Yoona noticed him staring at that one case. She scoot over to him and peek from behind. "So you want to watch that?"
Myungsoo startled. He turned around with Yoona, popping her head from behind him, eyeing on the case in his hand. And since Myungsoo didn't say anything, she took that as a "yes". She snatched the case from his hands and quickly turned the player on and put the CD inside.
Myungsoo sigh. She always do things her way. He then neatly piled the DVD cases and plopped himself onto the soft, plushy couch, just in time. The screen turned black and then flashes of production studios' logos appeared one by one before the actual movie starts.
"I thought you're an action movie kind of guy." Yoona whispered to him with her eyes fixed onto the screen.
"Well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter