`four.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 04 "Bodyguard"   “Bodyguard?” Yoona looked up from her plate.
Mr. Im and her are currently having dinner when Mr. Im brought up the topic.
“Well, considering the kidnapping thing that happened last week, I think it’s time for you to have one.” Mr. Im said as he ate a slice of his steak.
“But I don’t want a bodyguard.”
Mr. Im sighed, “Then what if they’re trying to kidnap you again, huh?”
Yoona bit her lip and hesitating a bit before she finally answered, “Then teach me how to”
Mr. Im stopped eating and looked up to see his daughter in disbelief and confusion. “What are you saying? Teach what?”
“You know, what those bodyguards are doing? Martial arts or something like that?”
Mr. Im put down his cutleries and faced his daughter. “You can’t be serious, right?”
“Dad, do I look like I’m not serious to you?” Yoona gave him a look.
Mr. Im stared at her for a while. “I absolutely object” he picked up his cutleries and starts eating again.
“What? Why?” she cried out a protest.
“Because you’re a lady and ladies don’t do martial arts and stuff like that. And don’t even think of wearing combat boots. They're very...” he paused, trying to find the right word. "Vulgar."
“But-”
“No buts. Now just finish your dinner. Your bodyguard will be here by tomorrow morning.” he said as he took another bite of the steak.
Yoona slumped in her seat and pouted. “But I like combat shoes” she murmured. The truth is, she had a pair hidden in her closet which of course, Mr. Im won’t dare take a peek of it since it’ll be an invasion of privacy. Besides, what kind of a gentleman he is to look inside a woman’s closet?
Mr. Im sighed and look over to his daughter. “Don’t worry. He’s very nice. You’ll like him for sure.”
“Whatever.” Yoona rolled her eyes and start to poke her steak, still pouting.

Yoona was in her room, brushing her hair, getting ready to sleep. She sat down onto the edge of her bed and stare at her window, a habit she developed for the past week.

“Annyeong” a male voice suddenly said out of the blue.
Yoona’s soft smile quickly stiffened, and her eyes shot open. “Omo” she mumbled when she saw who it is.
She was about to scream for help when L cupped with his palm and motioned her to hush. “I’m just checking if you’re okay or not” L said with a smile.
L let go of her when she seemed to have calmed down. “Well…” he checked her with his eyes. “You look fine to me” he cheekily smile.

A smile slowly crept upon her face as she reminded of the memory.
That’s right, the note. Yoona got up from the bed and starts to walk toward her desk. She placed down her brush and sat down onto the swivel chair. She pull out the drawer and took out a leather-covered book and opened it. She flipped pages after pages and finally came to a stop. On the white paper, stuck a piece of sticky yellow paper, the one that L wrote for her that night he came over. Yoona un-stuck it and stare at the handwritten note.

                                                                                  ‘See you soon ;) –L’

Yoona played with the paper she had in her hands and wondered to herself. What does he mean by ‘soon’? Are we going to meet again? Somehow, just by thinking of the idea makes her all excited and giddy. Her mind wondered around from how the meeting would be like, to spending some time with him and getting to know with each other.
Her face stiffened when something snapped her mind: HE’S A THIEF, FOR GOD’S SAKE! So snap out of it, Yoona! You can’t meet, nor spending time with him. And definitely NO getting to know with each other. That is like, a big no. In short, he’s dangerous.

What were you thinking? She lightly shook her head and stuck the note back onto the book. I should really stop thinking about him, about all this… It’s driving me insane. She put back the book into the drawer and closed it before she walk back to her bed.

Once again, she stare at her window. What am I doing, anyway? Am I actually thinking of waiting for him? Yoona turned her back against the window and closed her eyes. I mean, I can’t possibly fell for him, right? It’s just not right. You know, to fall in love with a criminal and someone who I just met for a few days ago? Anyway, let’s just forget about this and just go to sleep, Yoona. You got a day ahead tomorrow.

The next morning.
“So when will this guy come anyway?” Yuri, one of the maids said while doing some stretch in the servants’ lounge.
“I heard he’s good looking” Tiffany, who sat across her, said.
“I heard he’s a martial arts expert” Jessica added.
Those two start to gossip about this new bodyguard.
“W-well, I just hope he’s n-nice” Seohyun, the youngest maid of all, stuttered while playing with her fingers.
“Don’t worry, I’m sure he’s nice.” Hyoyeon patted her back.
“Hopefully he likes to eat, because there’s this new restaurant that just opened up and I’m dying to go there!” Sooyoung beamed happily by the thought of food.

It’s still morning here, at the Im’s residence. The maids and butlers of the house heard the news of the bodyguard thingy just now. They’re currently at the servants’ lounge, preparing for today’s services for the master and mistress of the house. The maids are, as you can see, excited about this while the butlers… well, let’s just say that they’re not taking this well.

“Well I think this guy is a complete jerk.” Sungyeol crossed his arms and gave the girls a look.
The girls stopped talking and shot back a look at him.
“What? I might be right, you know?”
“Whatever” the maids rolled their eyes and continued the heated discussion about this mysterious bodyguard.

“Hyung, do something!” Sungyeol wailed to the eldest.
“Do what?”
“About the probability of this new bodyguard to be a total jerk! Also, that he’s not as good looking as they say he is!”

Sunny, who overheard him, said, “I think you’re just jealous that he might get more popular than you are, Yeollie.”
“And let’s not forget the fact that this bodyguard guy will get to be with the young miss 24/7. So basically, they’re
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter