`twenty five.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 25 "Hurt"  

Myungsoo knocked the door right next to his room. “Ms. Im?” He waited for some kind of response from behind that door, but he got nothing.

It’s been almost two weeks after Myungsoo revealed his identity to Yoona and she decided not to talk to him after the whole scene.

 

“Yoon? Please say something.” Myungsoo carefully asked her after revealing his deepest and darkest secret to her.

Yoona didn’t respond and instead, she just looked down, suddenly finding interest to her shoes.

Myungsoo sighed, he really don’t know how to deal with girls when they became all silent and closed off. He then reached for her hand, but she pulled hers away. Myungsoo raised his eyebrows and looked up. His heart fell in an instant.

 

He forgot the details, but after that day, she stopped meeting him. She’d reply shortly and only if she needs to. And whenever he tried to ask her what’s wrong, she’d stay silent and pretend to be preoccupied with something else. He knew that her change of behavior must be because of his little revelation that night, and he did predicted something like this before, but he never knew how hurt he is when his little prediction came true. What was done is done, he told himself for the past few days. There’s nothing he could do now than to patiently wait for her to finally come up with her senses and accept his other identity.

With a heavy heart, Myungsoo stepped away from the door and head back to his station.

 

It wasn’t until 5PM till he finally meets her in the flesh. She stepped into the kitchen, all dressed up. And since she cut off their communications since days ago, he doesn’t know much about her schedules, meetings or the like. Is she going somewhere? He wondered.

“Evening, Ms. Im.” He greeted her.

“Prepare the car, please.” She ordered him, not even bothered to greet him back.

“Right away, Ms. Im.” Without further ado, he went to find the driver, Mr. Lee.

Yoona heaved a sigh, once he’s gone. She grabbed a cup from the cupboard and poured herself a drink. She wiped with the back of her hand and set the cup down onto the table.

The past few days she’s been ignoring him. Well, not entirely ignoring him since she’d still answer some of his questions. Surely, his secret had given her the shock and moreover, fear. And she’s not even sure if she could forgive him for keeping something as big as this to himself. She felt like a joke, being played by him. She imagined L laughing hysterically as he shifts to Myungsoo. Her trail of thoughts got cut off when she heard his voice.

“The car’s ready, Ms. Im.”

She looked up and saw him. She had to stop her legs from running over to him and hug him, telling him just how much she loves him back, just the way it was.

She sighed one more time before walking passed him and into the car with him following from behind.

 

“Over here, Yoon!”

Yoona saw Krystal waving at her, motioning her to come over.

As we all know, Yoona dislikes Krystal. It kind of annoys her that the first person to greet her once she’s at the venue was her. She rolled her eyes and dragged her legs toward her. Myungsoo followed her all the way.

They were at a charity event where the girls of The White Gloves Club raise money for the disabled by doing an auction of their unused branded stuff. Yoona protested the idea since she knows that this whole idea is only to compete who has the highest bidding of their auctioned items.

“Everything went well?” Yoona asked her once she’s next to her.

Krystal nodded in excitement. She’s standing next to a table, bags and clutches of various size and colors prettily aligned on top of it.

“The bidders are currently looking through the stuff right now, which reminds me, where are your stuff?” Krystal grabbed her clipboard, ready to take note of Yoona’s stuff.

“Umm… I’m not donating anything today.”

Krystal narrowed her eyes and looked at Yoona with a distasteful look. “What? How could you?”

“I decided to be a bidder today.” Yoona firmly said.

“Oh really? Then make sure you place a high bid on my stuff.” She winked at her and looked through the papers on her clipboard.

Yoona held back a snort. As if I would. And with that, she went to take a look around the place, trying to find something that’s worth her money.

All the way, Myungsoo kept his mouth shut. As much as he wants to speak up, he just couldn’t bring the topic up since they are in a public area. He doesn’t want to create a scene. Myungsoo sighed and looked around with her. According to his ‘boyfriend’ radar, nothing there in display that she would find it worthy of her money. The closest thing that she’d probably like is a pink fluffy dog collar, but that’s only because she wants to have a dog. After a moment, she finally placed a bid, not that high, but high enough to outbid the other bidders. She has placed a bid on a silver necklace with a small elephant pendant hanging onto it. Myungsoo then imagined her wearing that necklace. It suits her. He smiled to himself.

After that, the auction starts.

 

The event went well. Well at least that’s what Krystal kept saying to our dear protagonist. Yoona and Krystal stood next to each other on the podium. Krystal acts as the MC while Yoona was the one who takes all the check from the winning bidders. “Congratulations.” She smiled to each and every one of them as they gave her their checks. She would sometimes glance at Myungsoo, who stood not far from her, behind the curtain that draped on each side of the stage. After all, it is his duty as a bodyguard not to let her out of his sight. And to be honest, she doesn’t mind it even though they’re on bad terms right now. She couldn’t deny that she felt safe when he’s near. She flinched when she found herself staring straight into his dark-brown orbs. How long has she been staring at him? She broke the eye contact and looked away, hoping that he didn’t see her reddened face.

“And now, the main item of the day. We’ve received over than 10 bidders for this item!” She squealed through her microphone.

The sound of clapping resonates throughout the room as the atmosphere heats up.

Soon enough, the item in question was brought up to the center of the stage. It was a marble statue of Aphrodite –you know, that famous statue lady who has no arms?-

“Made entirely from Italian marble, carved by the famous carver Giovanni, This statue of Aphrodite was donated by-” She chuckled, obviously couldn’t help herself but to show off. “Moi.”

Another round of ear blasting clapping could be heard throughout the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter