`eighteen.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 18 "A Hearty Dinner"  

Yoona tugged the end of her dress while checking her reflection in the mirror. She’s wearing a cream-colored casual dress that flows down right to her knees. It’s 06.40 PM now, and she’s currently picking out a dress to wear for dinner with the Chois. And for once in her life, she doesn’t even care about how she looks. All she needs to know is that she’s wearing something, and that’s enough. She’s just tired of all these drama she’s having lately. Arranged marriage and mixed feelings are not a good combination. She sighed and grabbed her purse before going out of the room and went downstairs.

“Mr. Choi has arrived, Ms. Im.” Sunggyu announced once she’s downstairs.

Oh great, he’s early. She rolled her eyes. “Thanks, Mr. Kim.” She smiled at him before walking out of the house.

 

All the time before she walks out of the door, Myungsoo had watched her from the security room through the CCTV monitors. All he could do now is sighing. He was told personally by Mr. Im’s secretary to not to come with them for dinner tonight. So there he is, sulking in his swivel chair, biting his fingernails. He heaved another sigh and then rubbed his aching temples while his mind played back their conversation earlier when he disguised himself as L.

 

“Because I’m in love with someone else.” She finally admits.

L asked, “So what are you going to do?”

Yoona glanced toward L, who had this blank stare on his face. “I don’t know.” She shrugged.

“So you’re going to just forget about this guy and marry the multi-billionaire?” He raised his eyebrows at her.

“I said I don’t know.” She said, softly.

“You know, all your life your father is always the one controlling your life. Telling you what to do, what to say, and stuff. But I think this time he couldn’t do that to you. This is something you need to choose yourself, and not him. You need to pick what you think is right and to not regret about it later. You need to go with your heart this time.”

Pick Minho or Myungsoo? The thought popped into her head.

“Well? Who are you going to choose?” L asked her one last time.

Yoona stare into his clear, dark brown eyes this time. A certain face flashed into her mind and soon, she knows who she’s going to pick.

 

She didn’t even finish her sentence… He sighed louder when his mind played back what she did after saying that. She even left me hanging like that… He groaned while messing his perfectly-styled-hair.

“Just what are you doing?” Myungsoo heard someone said from behind him. He turned around and saw Tao, one of his security guards of the family.

Tao had worked for the family longer than Myungsoo. He also knows that he came all the way from China. Word is that Mr. Im scouted him when he saw his excellent wushu skills when he was walking down the streets in China.

“Huh? I was just… urm…” Myungsoo muttered, thinking up some clever excuse he could use.

Tao chuckled and then went to take the empty seat beside him. “You don’t need to explain. I can guess what you were doing.” He patted Myungsoo’s shoulder.

Myungsoo blinked in surprise. What does he mean by that? Do I look that obvious?

Tao turned to look at Myungsoo. “What? Don’t let these sleepy-looking panda eyes fool you. I saw everything, right from the beginning.”

I saw everything.

Myungsoo stiffened in his seat. Does that mean he discovered my other identity? He gulped nervously. His mind then played back the times when he was being careless and let his guard down. The time he tried to come up with a plan to steal a piece of jewel in his room, that time when he threw rocks at Yoona’s bedroom still wearing his burglar outfit, that time when he changed back into his bodyguard suit in the storage shed, etc.

Did he see them? I knew I should’ve been more careful! He mentally banged his head onto the wall.

“I think it was really cute.”

What? Cute? Myungsoo had his eyebrows furrowed. What part of being the most criminal is ‘cute’? Being the dreamer he is, his mind started to imagine weird things like the possibility of Tao being a maniac that really likes to catch criminals with his wushu moves.

“Especially that part where you go and grabbed your camera to take her pictures.” Tao is now grinning from ear to ear.

Myungsoo blinked a couple of times before he finally understood what he was saying all along. So he wasn’t a wushu-obsessed-criminal-catcher-psycho-maniac after all. He sighed in relief before he could imagine the things Tao could do with his stick. Myungsoo may be a criminal, but he only steal things. As for the fist fight, he always leave it to Hoya’s capable hands.

“O-oh, that. Hahaha.” He let out a nervous laugh while scratching his not-so-itchy neck.

“Yeah THAT.” Tao chuckled. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone.” Once again, he patted Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“Thanks.” Myungsoo weakly smiled. He doesn’t know whether to feel relieved or not. He’s relieved because he can be sure that no one knows his secret identity yet, and he’s not relieved because every staff in the house now knows that Yoona and him have some kind of a relationship.

“So what are you going to do now?” Tao asked.

“I don’t know.” Myungsoo shrugged.

Tao gave him a sympathetic smile. “Well, just to let you know, I’m on your side.”

Somehow, Tao’s support touched him. He thought if people knew about this relationship, they’d start telling him to forget about her or tell him to find another girl because the girl he’s crushing on is out of his league. But Tao supported him even though they both perfectly know that this love story has a blurry ending.

“Thanks.”, was all Myungsoo could say to his panda friend.

“No problem.” Tao smiled at him again.

 

Yoona entered Minho’s car and slightly slammed the door before quickly buckling the seatbelt, not giving Minho any chance to speak.

Minho watched the whole scene from the driver’s seat in confusion. What’s up with her? “Err, is everything okay, Yoon?”

“Just drive.” She said, not even giving him a glance.

After knowing that his best friend is in a sour mood, he chose not to speak anything and followed her order.

Yoona let out a soft sigh on her seat while her eyes blankly stare straight to the front. She doesn’t know why, but she feels sour today,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter